Autopsy Autopsy vs Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually thought that was a good performance. We did very well in that first quarter, but what's better is that every time they got a few goals on us we did well to wrestle the momentum back our way.

We still need to put in 4 qtr performances, but at least the thumpings are seemingly behind us.

We have Geelong at Geelong after the bye lmao

Imagine being led by Luke McDonald.

If he loved the club he would do everyone a favour and ask to be dropped.

Making Vandenberg look like one of the AFL’s greatest ever Captains.
Ummmm the players voted for LMac and Jy didn't they? If so it's a massive indictment on the standards to which the rest of the playing group want to hold themselves to.

An upside was that those who’ve backed Bont in for the Brownlow will be pleased to see we played him back into form.

I told you’s

Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley

Let"s not forget the Dogs won a premiership with a young side and a young midfield.
Rubbish re weightman. If we had a young small fwd taking hangers, kicking 6 and kicking straight there would be a thread 200 pages long saying how great he is and will be.
Kid can play
He can - and he"s just 75kg and 179cm. He's yet another player showing you don't need to be big and tall.

I think last year this one ends up as a 50+ point loss. This year it took a bloody good individual quarter of footy from Bontempelli and an outstanding individual performance from Weightman to beat us and we still looked a semi chance when Curtis missed the right foot snap at the end. We did it all very efficiently and on half the inside 50s the Dogs had while apparently not being to tackle whatsoever. With zero input from Spicer and Corr. And 59% TOG from Wardlaw. And while getting smoked at clearances.

Despite Weightman doing whatever he wanted the backline did a good job to hang in there under weight of numbers. 105 points on 72 inside 50s is a pretty good result. Our transition was really excellent on occasion. Bailey played a big role in that, as did Zurhaar pushing up as a hit up forward. Sheezel played fantastically well and somehow had like our second most clearances. A demon

I think we are all heading in the right direction. Good sides are having to work harder and harder to put us away

Special shout out to the guy sitting behind me who could not have been more of a miserable campaigner if he tried. Every umpiring decision - wrong. Every North player - a coward. Didn't have anything nice to say about his own team. What a ****ing clown

McDonald just isn’t built to play on small forwards. We’ve been torched by them pretty much every game except for vs Sydney. Weightman 6, Pickett 3, Cameron 4, Greene 3. We need to find someone to play on these guys. Archer could athletically and mentally do it but he’s still a fair bit raw atm.
And he offers nothing the other way. Butchers it. Falls over. Picks terrible moments to contest in the air and spoils us or leaves his man free. He freelances a lot and gets burned a lot. He had 1 good year and was S;((t before that too and is frankly not an afl standard hb. Thats the fact. Pay him and corr out. Take the medicine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ummmm the players voted for LMac and Jy didn't they? If so it's a massive indictment on the standards to which the rest of the playing group want to hold themselves to.
There lies the problem. The players should have never been trusted with the decision.

It’s about being an AFL Captain and leading on field, not the good bloke joker who loves the club.

To be fair I think for three of his goals, Tarryn was his direct opponent.
It’s as clear as day from a sample size of one game that TT is not a defenders arse-hole.

He is wasted across HB and he actually doesn’t have the required set of smarts for reading the play as the ball comes to him.

He needs to be persisted with in the guts, wing and HF. He had kicked 4(?) goals in the few games he played while not in defence and contributed to many scoring chains.

Bring him back into the middle.

Jy and to a much lesser extent Greenwood were rushed back into the middle and we got absolute pantsed in there.

In fact, it’s hard to work how we only lost by 21 considering how much our midfield was a black hole.

Jy, Phillips, Powell, Shiels mostly unsighted.

Goldie and Q1 Greenwood the only ones that can hold their head up. Shameful effort by the players and idiotic coaching.

Luke McDonald Jumper Presentation this year.

clown GIF

What a disgrace that he is also wearing #11.

It’s as clear as day from a sample size of one game that TT is not a defenders arse-hole.

He is wasted across HB and he actually doesn’t have the required set of smarts for reading the play as the ball comes to him.

He needs to be persisted with in the guts, wing and HF. He had kicked 4(?) goals in the few games he played while not in defence and contributed to many scoring chains.

Bring him back into the middle.

Jy and to a much lesser extent Greenwood were rushed back into the middle and we got absolute pantsed in there.

In fact, it’s hard to work how we only lost by 21 considering how much our midfield was a black hole.

Jy, Phillips, Powell, Shiels mostly unsighted.

Goldie and Q1 Greenwood the only ones that can hold their head up. Shameful effort by the players and idiotic coaching.

We are so slow in the middle not sure why we take one of our only mature dynamic players and put him back.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hammered in the midfield, but tbh, that was not unexpected given where we are at development wise, the quality of opposition and our best still cooling his jets on the injury list. The break will be welcome.

Having said that, the ability to not roll over is a big positive that indicates that we are building. Still, a lot of obvious holes to fill forward and back, particularly in our defensive structure up forward, not to mention being carved up by guys like Weightman by our defence. Its our achillies heel that will go a long way to arrest the honourable losses into good wins.

Before the next game I'm going to take the team to Luna Park.
I'll put Aiden Corr on the Merry Go Round. He's sure to get lost and miss the game.

Tackling has improved but needs serious work.

Must target Defenders in the next draft, both ready mades and newbies.
Targeting AFL level footballers would be a start.

No more Lazarro’s, Mahoney’s, Spicer’s etc.

No more reaching for blokes that aren’t good enough hoping they prove people wrong. Because 9/10 times they don’t.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back