Autopsy Autopsy vs Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Who has our percentage at the bye and at the end of the year last year?

At the bye last year - 52.3
At the end of last year - 55.8
Now - 69.6

We've moved from can't win and utter shyte to can't win and competitive. Next step is can win.

Disappointing to lose again, but happy there's progress. We just need a soft kill somewhere but the draw serves up Adelaide at Adelaide and Geelong at GMHBA.

Last edited:
Luke McDonald Jumper Presentation this year.

clown GIF

What a disgrace that he is also wearing #11.
Bit premature of the club to gift him that number in hindsight…

All the problems we had today will be orders of magnitude improved in 12 months time. Another strong draft and trade period, plus a pre-season will fix the structural problems we keep seeing, being the ability to compete for 120 minutes, which will improve how we get killed on the spread. Plus some strategic recruitment can fill our problems both having and defending small forwards.

Midfield consistency - LDU back, Phillips/Wardlaw/etc another pre-season, TT more consistency.
Black holes in team - Spicer, LMac, Ziebell, Corr, LMac upgraded to better options.

I know everyone's down because we've gone a long time without a win. But just look at our percentage. Last year we finished on 55.8. We're around 70 now, and we've raised that from under 60 about five weeks ago. That's showing you that we're overall getting better. If you can just put that feeling aside and look within these honourable losses to the parts that will be a part of our team that starts winning more games next year, I see nothing but good signs.

There are 10-15 players playing today who a good pre-season and 4-7 improved friends can easily be part of a team that wins 8-9 games next year IMHO. And those players are improving, although sometimes it's hard to see because the 4-7 that need to go are so costly and undermine the good work being done.

Last edited:
It’s already been said but if Spicer plays again we should be investigated for tanking, he’s as close to being an AFL player as I am. Match committee/ coaches must have seen enough by now…. surely?

I'm sure i heard Browny at one stage say that we had conceded 9 goals by turnover's, talk about shoot yourself in the foot, again.
I actually noted on screen, late on the first Q, we scored our 3 goals from turnover and Doggies none. So it was 9 goals on turnover in pretty much 3/4.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s as clear as day from a sample size of one game that TT is not a defenders arse-hole.

He is wasted across HB and he actually doesn’t have the required set of smarts for reading the play as the ball comes to him.

He needs to be persisted with in the guts, wing and HF. He had kicked 4(?) goals in the few games he played while not in defence and contributed to many scoring chains.

Bring him back into the middle.

Jy and to a much lesser extent Greenwood were rushed back into the middle and we got absolute pantsed in there.

In fact, it’s hard to work how we only lost by 21 considering how much our midfield was a black hole.

Jy, Phillips, Powell, Shiels mostly unsighted.

Goldie and Q1 Greenwood the only ones that can hold their head up. Shameful effort by the players and idiotic coaching.
TT wasn't great, but still a far better choice than hall. TT + Sheez, 56 touches off half back is better than JZ + Hall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the bye last year - 52.3
At the end of last year - 55.8
Now - 69.6

We've moved from can't win and utter shyte to can't win and competitive. Next step is can win.

Disappointing to lose again, but happy there's progress. We just need a soft kill somewhere but the draw serves up Adelaide at Football Park and Geelong at GMHBA.
Something tells me that next step which involves winning multiple games against good sides is going to be a tad harder than improving your % from 55 to 70.

Just looking for green shoots still.

Some positives, and guys like Spicer who have been given an extended run IMHO are due to being out of contract.

What do we really need, a crumbing forward (Watson or Hansen perhaps) and someone who can actually defend a small forward.

The real standout for me was the glaciers in our backline, which is partially due to selection.

Selectors bit the bullet with Cunners in the midfield, so one of Zeibs, LMAC or Corr needs a spell to give another an extended run.

I do not.

He won't be as good as Goldy now, or ever.

I suppose I'm asking whether you can see him being not a liability in the short term and possibly a decent level ruckman in the medium term. I thought he was getting better at the level late last year and before the injury.

Something tells me that next step which involves winning multiple games against good sides is going to be a tad harder than improving your % from 55 to 70.

Winning multiple games against good side isn't the next step. Winning every now and then against anybody is. We currently are in our third 12 game losing streak in just over two years. Winning multiple games against good teams is still ages away.

Just looking for green shoots still.

Some positives, and guys like Spicer who have been given an extended run IMHO are due to being out of contract.

What do we really need, a crumbing forward (Watson or Hansen perhaps) and someone who can actually defend a small forward.

The real standout for me was the glaciers in our backline, which is partially due to selection.

Selectors bit the bullet with Cunners in the midfield, so one of Zeibs, LMAC or Corr needs a spell to give another an extended run.
Hansen has been playing well in vfl. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a run soon.

We still havent refound the ability to create uncontested marks upfield like we did the first couple rounds. Our backs, particularly the talls, just arent in tune. 2-3 seconds too long wondering "is he holding, is he gonna push up, will he drop back.. ?" is delaying their change overs, killing the usefulness of third man ins, allowing uncontested marks and just not making the oppos job hard enough. Corr and The Other Twin need to double up in the ice baths or something. Maybe one of those sensory deprevation tanks. Shrooms tunes cushions cool cats and soft lights till they sort their shit out.

The weekly embarrassing thrashings and general hopelessness are fading away, we’re staying in games longer, there‘s a bit more skill and polish around the team mainly due to the youngsters, we’re kicking more goals, we seem a bit more organised and the team spirit seems to be there. We were quite efficient today considering the I50’s and time in fwd half stats. This is pleasing. I think after the bye we need to win 2-3 games to give everyone the confidence that we’re on the right track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back