Autopsy Autopsy vs *

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel free mate and am sure you’d notice I’m ok with fans piling on . I just put across my views is all .

I’ve done the math and we could move on 15 without blinking . And some very ordinary footballers have been given plenty of games.

So I find Laz and Dawson or the way the club views them as a tad strange .
I don't get the Dawson thing. We're horrible down back and screaming out for a tall. Hes playing well in VFL but nope.

I was sitting on the fence and thought our players worked hard. I also saw good play from a lot of players including whipping boys like Turner. Some bad errors led to opposition goals, and turnovers killed us again, but I was really encouraged by a lot of play in defence and the midfield, with the let down again being an inability to capitalise when we had the play. Similar to last week. Disappointing but from where we’ve been, not devastating.

And seeing the Ben goals and the showboating after the second one was well worth the price of admission.

it's fitness but it's also our unique ability to pick the worst option possible at every opportunity.

Our kicking inside 50 in the first half was dreadful. Utterly dreadful.
It's a brutal, barely watchable combination.

The best and fittest sides force far more opposition turnovers in their front half than we do - and kick easy goals from it with opposition defences out of position.

We need to kick more of those easy type goals because we don't have enough players who're skilled or good enough decision-makers to pierce in-tact defences. But we're not fit enough to force those front half turnovers. We'd actually be a very good side if we were fit.

It's a brutal, barely watchable combination.

The best and fittest sides force far more opposition turnovers in their front half than we do - and kick easy goals from it with opposition defences out of position.

We need to kick more of those easy type goals because we don't have enough players who're skilled or good enough decision-makers to pierce in-tact defences. But we're not fit enough.
If we're up by 6 goals at half time, we'd probably get a momentum swing in the third as *Essendon spend the petrol tickets, we then kick a lucky few in the last and get away with a 1 or 2 goal win.

That's how it should've went. We just can't football properly.

That game proved our we have a some good things to play with and some things to throw away. Feel like a player by player review today:

2. Stephenson - About as bad as I have seen him. Just don't know where he fits but would give him a day off next week;
3. Harry - Our best user and best decision maker. Where does he play in 2024?
4. Corr - Solid bit always a 2nd tall
5. Taylor - tagged well but don't be fooled, won't be effective against most mids and was still fumbly
6. George - Looked stuffed, a lot but his effort was and is the standard, love this guy
7. Ziebell - Last quarter was hilarious. Will leave a hole in the 2023 team but should leave nothing in a well planned 2024 team
8. Scott - ran all day well but his disposal remains at the solid level
9. LDU - hugely influential although lacked the killer instinct today and fell away in the last
10. Cunners - just enjoyed watching him, 10 clearances!
11. LMAC - did some ok things, did some dumb things, solid game for a B grader
12. Jy - arm fell off but tried and was generally a good user
13. Tucker - Genuine C grader, uber one sided and not in our best team
20. Larkey - Beaten so often but kicked 5, need that 2nd tall
22. Goldy - lost a little touch, average game
23. Mc Kay - Was good today, will miss him
25. Curtis - Is a KPF in a mid forward body. Not sure where he fits
26. TT - some great efforts, some poor efforts, but still one of the better players
28. Turner - my eyes, my eyes
31. Goater - he is a wingman and a terrible kick
34. Archer - Brave, but often futile
35. Lazaro - Nice pickup in the centre?
38. Xerri - just yuk in every conceivable way
40. Ford - we don't use him very well but has talent, good game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That game proved our we have a some good things to play with and some things to throw away. Feel like a player by player review today:

2. Stephenson - About as bad as I have seen him. Just don't know where he fits but would give him a day off next week;
3. Harry - Our best user and best decision maker. Where does he play in 2024?
4. Corr - Solid bit always a 2nd tall
5. Taylor - tagged well but don't be fooled, won't be effective against most mids and was still fumbly
6. George - Looked stuffed, a lot but his effort was and is the standard, love this guy
7. Ziebell - Last quarter was hilarious. Will leave a hole in the 2023 team but should leave nothing in a well planned 2024 team
8. Scott - ran all day well but his disposal remains at the solid level
9. LDU - hugely influential although lacked the killer instinct today and fell away in the last
10. Cunners - just enjoyed watching him, 10 clearances!
11. LMAC - did some ok things, did some dumb things, solid game for a B grader
12. Jy - arm fell off but tried and was generally a good user
13. Tucker - Genuine C grader, uber one sided and not in our best team
20. Larkey - Beaten so often but kicked 5, need that 2nd tall
22. Goldy - lost a little touch, average game
23. Mc Kay - Was good today, will miss him
25. Curtis - Is a KPF in a mid forward body. Not sure where he fits
26. TT - some great efforts, some poor efforts, but still one of the better players
28. Turner - my eyes, my eyes
31. Goater - he is a wingman and a terrible kick
34. Archer - Brave, but often futile
35. Lazaro - Nice pickup in the centre?
38. Xerri - just yuk in every conceivable way
40. Ford - we don't use him very well but has talent, good game
Slevo looked up and about in the first half. Was chasing, working hard and had a huge impact. Went totally missing after half time though.

Bit disappointing we didn't shuffle the magnets in the last and have a real crack at winning. Georgie was absolutely spent, but he kept making centre bounce appreances. Why not try Curtis or Sheez in the middle? Why not try Sheez in the forward line? Why not move Eddie up to the wing? Why not move Cunners forward? Reminded me of the Brad era of no plan B.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs *

Remove this Banner Ad

Back