Strategy Back of House Discussion: Targets, Changes, Appointments & Facilities

Remove this Banner Ad

After todays presser I want Paul Fitzpatrick gone.

He has been hiding in the shadows for the last couple of years, sitting on the sidelines. Simmo has taken every hit and been the face of failing club while guys like him hid behind Simpson.

He’s tenure is up this year, but as chair he removed the unremovable CEO and overseen the removal of a coach both within 9 months.

Not sure you need a vocal chair? Seems that’s more the CEOs role.

He’s tenure is up this year, but as chair he removed the unremovable CEO and overseen the removal of a coach both within 9 months.

Not sure you need a vocal chair? Seems that’s more the CEOs role.

His tenure is up this year because he’s been on the board 9 years. It’s not like he’s come in with a broom and sacked the blokes that got us into the doldrums. He’s been a part of the board that oversaw the entire descent.

Confirmation the rebuild will take years now. New coach won't be able to have a game plan over one pre season, new assistance and dev coaches similar.

Put a broom through and start fresh.

Time to clean the house now at the end of the season. GM should go as should the coaching staff behind Simmo.

Start fresh next year with a new coach, GM of Footy and new assistants and development coaches.

100%

This will take the best in business from GM of footy down to development.

Club should ask Graham wright if he wants in as GM footy. He seems to be on the way out at the pies.

We need some well known names in the development space. Ex players/wanna be coaches who the current daftees/players watched as kids and idolised. My preferences would be Joel Selwood, scott Pendlebury,

And then who ever the new senior coach is, will likely want a say into his assistants.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

After todays presser I want Paul Fitzpatrick gone.

He has been hiding in the shadows for the last couple of years, sitting on the sidelines. Simmo has taken every hit and been the face of failing club while guys like him hid behind Simpson.

It’s alright, he has enough years clocked up to get life membership and not pay for anything at the footy again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we do go searching for a new GM of Footy I wonder if someone like Beau Waters would be interested and suitably skilled for the role?

Barra is already campaigning for Cuzzy to come back to the club in an assistant coaching capacity but I think it's a bit soon for that. It did get me thinking about past players with an edge who know about standards and have that real hunger for success and winning.

If we do go searching for a new GM of Footy I wonder if someone like Beau Waters would be interested and suitably skilled for the role?

Barra is already campaigning for Cuzzy to come back to the club in an assistant coaching capacity but I think it's a bit soon for that. It did get me thinking about past players with an edge who know about standards and have that real hunger for success and winning.
Waters would be perfect for that role imo

Thoughts on offering Simmo a position on the board after a break (eg 12 months out of the game)?

He knows footy, he knows the club, good communicator - there's been a fair bit of concen around the composition of the board and balancing the needs of business and football.

There's other options out there ofc, but I think he'd be suitable for it.

Thoughts on offering Simmo a position on the board after a break (eg 12 months out of the game)?

He knows footy, he knows the club, good communicator - there's been a fair bit of concen around the composition of the board and balancing the needs of business and football.

get Woosh in there too

Nah, you'd grab Woosha before you'd do that. Simmo is going to need several years away from the club before he could come back, needs to give the new coach clean air.

Woosha would absolutely crush the GM role though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he is smart enough to make a strong contribution.

Nah, you'd grab Woosha before you'd do that. Simmo is going to need several years away from the club before he could come back, needs to give the new coach clean air.

Woosha would absolutely crush the GM role though.

Woosh could also step into a Director of Coaching role to assist with any young coach we might bring in.

Beau Waters is doing very well in the business world from what I understand so I’m not sure taking a pay cut to be a GM of football would interest him

I think he’d be a very good board member though and potential a future chairman

If we’re looking for a new GM, I wouldn’t be opposed to giving Darren Glass a look in

Whether or not Bell actually needs replacing I’m not sure - it’s a difficult role to judge performance in from outside the club

Beau Waters is doing very well in the business world from what I understand so I’m not sure taking a pay cut to be a GM of football would interest him

If we’re looking for a new GM, I wouldn’t be opposed to giving Darren Glass a look in

Whether or not Bell actually needs replacing I’m not sure - it’s a difficult role to judge performance in from outside the club
Beau is an outstanding person and outside of family, WCE is the best thing that’s ever happened to him. Any kind of role within the club would be a fantastic acquisition.

The direct feedback on Bell I’ve had from players and coaches both past and present had not been favourable but as you say, hard to judge looking in.

I reckon it's great Cuzz has turned his life around and enjoying newfound success in the media/celebrity biz, but I feel if we're having a clean-slate start towards a new future we need to distance ourselves from Cuzz in any official capacity.

Mind you there is some twisted irony in that he was partly responsible for a club culture collapse, then is reappointed in some capacity to assist with a new culture?
But yeh, nah from me...

What is Waters/Glass doing these days?

Beau is an outstanding person and outside of family, WCE is the best thing that’s ever happened to him. Any kind of role within the club would be a fantastic acquisition.

The direct feedback on Bell I’ve had from players and coaches both past and present had not been favourable but as you say, hard to judge looking in.
I have spoken about this before but i have heard the exact opposite on Bell
Been told he was the only one to constantly challenge Simpson during his reign
As for former players never heard them say a bad thing about him, he was considered the best development coach
in the league when he had that role

I have spoken about this before but i have heard the exact opposite on Bell
Been told he was the only one to constantly challenge Simpson during his reign
As for former players never heard them say a bad thing about him, he was considered the best development coach
in the league when he had that role
Perhaps a double edged sword, prickly/micromanager or driving standards? I’ve had two non football related conversations with him and seemed like a decent bloke but the guys that have spent a fair bit of time with him thought differently.

Really the main question that needs answering is all things considered, are we satisfied with the performance of our football department and the direction it’s heading in since he assumed the role of Football manager/general manager of football?

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Back of House Discussion: Targets, Changes, Appointments & Facilities

Remove this Banner Ad

Back