Strategy Back of House Discussion: Targets, Changes, Appointments & Facilities

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaines as chairman is doomsday if she doesn't delegate alot of her power and leave it to people that have footy knowledge.

I'm so concerned. The good thing is atleast wce will be a financial powerhouse and she will help it maintain that core value.

But like I said Gaines has the average footy knowledge of a happy clapper fan.

But Gaines is a competent speaker and can sprout talking points and corporate speak well
Calm your farm. A board oversees corporate governance. She's not moving the magnets just before quarter time.

Sounds like some random has been offended and is quite salty about the experience.

Personally I am very happy with the appointment.

Gaines as chairman is doomsday if she doesn't delegate alot of her power and leave it to people that have footy knowledge.

I'm so concerned. The good thing is atleast wce will be a financial powerhouse and she will help it maintain that core value.

But like I said Gaines has the average footy knowledge of a happy clapper fan.

But Gaines is a competent speaker and can sprout talking points and corporate speak well

Her job is not to make football decisions

She oversees governance of the club, both on and off field, which entails ensuring the appropriate people are installed to run their areas

A good chair/president shouldn’t be involved in football operations but needs to fight for what’s best for the club- a female who’s risen to the top of a mining company would be able to hold her own with AFL house

Expect she’ll be our best chair since Alan Cransberg

Calm your farm. A board oversees corporate governance. She's not moving the magnets just before quarter time.

Gaines quarter-time round one next year, storms into the coaches box and demands Darling to be moved to the midfield.

"But he doesn't even play for us anymore."

"I don't care, just make it happen!"

As long as Gaines doesn't overstep into football operations she will be a very good chairman.

She will ensure the financial stability and be a fine speaker

And if she does that then she is perfect for the job.

Pyke will take care of the overall management of the Football Operations side of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to mention having a Footy Player in Rowan Jones as Deputy settles any lack of footy concerns.
Jones wont take a backward step in providing any feedback.
With Gaines having only been a director for 2 yrs that means she can serve another 7 yrs as chairperson.
If she does that means Rowan Jones won't get a shot as his 9 yrs will expire before hers.

With Gaines having only been a director for 2 yrs that means she can serve another 7 yrs as chairperson.
If she does that means Rowan Jones won't get a shot as his 9 yrs will expire before hers.
That's my only concern with her, she seems to have been wedged in there pretty quickly. Sounds like a good business operator but I would like her to have had a bit more experience around the club first.

Fitzpatrick was a dud though, so maybe she got pushed up ahead of time.

That's my only concern with her, she seems to have been wedged in there pretty quickly. Sounds like a good business operator but I would like her to have had a bit more experience around the club first.

Fitzpatrick was a dud though, so maybe she got pushed up ahead of time.
Fitzpatrick leaving and Gaines taking his place creates a vacancy for a director.
I hope Worsfold gets the job instead of some mate of the existing Directors, or a Perthonality which has happened in the past.

Fitzpatrick leaving and Gaines taking his place creates a vacancy for a director.
I hope Worsfold gets the job instead of some mate of the existing Directors, or a Perthonality which has happened in the past.

Who are the Perthonalities on the current board?

When I heard her speak on the odd occasion she was like a breath of fresh air in comparison to Fitzpatrick. In any event I thought you could only be chair for a max of 4 years or something like that I think, then a new chair has to be elected.

Oh my God. She used to be my ceo. She will sprout talking points.

I have no doubt She has the average understanding of afl as a happy clapper fan.

The statements she will make will reek of incompetences and out of touch. She's best not to make any statements.

I know next to nothing about Gaines but if you’re not a fan of the appointment I think that tells me all I need to know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Back of House Discussion: Targets, Changes, Appointments & Facilities

Remove this Banner Ad

Back