Discussion Brendon Goddard to Essendon (Old thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep for sure. I don't see Caddy coming this way so back to back first rounders is absolutely golden for us.

losing cripps might just be a blessing in disguise as well.

we may end up losing cripps and gaining hickey. without comprising our 2nd rounder or our 2 first round picks.

I'd assume it's so we can afford to bring other good players in that won't break the $600k rule. Hypothetically say someone like Frawley is on $300k but wants $450k, if we continued to pay our stars huge money then we wouldn't be able to afford him. It allows a more even spread which in turn will make the team more even.

Hypothetically, under free agency, someone like Frawley will command 700...and we're absolutely dreaming.

We don't want the FA market to dictate or inflate BJ's value, but we're deluded enough to think it won't dictate or inflate everyone elses?

It's kind of funny, if it wasn't so sad.

Firstly, I'm not sure Goddard NOT coming to Freo is a bigger story than Goddard going to Essendon, and secondly, just because Robbo says "it is understood" doesn't make it so. It's not over yet.

please tell me again how certain is he to end up at cockburn. how many golf memberships does he have now?

damn this is too enjoyable!!!

Still pretty funny the amount of Freo supporters that said "He's signed, bookmark it"

You would have to think that if Freo had played Swans, with the same result as yesterday, that they would still be sitting at the MCG, chanting:

"It's not over, it's not over, it's not over"

Hypothetically, under free agency, someone like Frawley will command 700...and we're absolutely dreaming.

We don't want the FA market to dictate or inflate BJ's value, but we're deluded enough to think it won't dictate or inflate everyone elses?

I'm not talking about FA, I'm talking about players nominating us for trade because we've told them we can offer them more money. Which I'm sure is what's happening with Cripps right now.

Please look through the entirety of my posting history and tell me where I said that.

sorry its easy to get you mixed up with the other purple wearing muppets, we have had a lot come through here claiming goddard was a certainty to end up at cockburn. you start to all look the same.

apparently the freo offer was "too big to refuse". will be embarrassing if he rejects it. not even the money obsessed cloke could bare playing for freo.

Yes but can't you see that a ruckman would be more value to St.Kilda than to West Coast for example?

Careful there Sunshine, I made the point a few weeks ago that that period you highlighted was atrocious and got shouted down as a fairweather bandwagon idiot. And I even excluded the 2 good years.

StFly, you and I are neither, but rather, we both remember, the years at the bottom and do not want to go back there.

We have 26 Wooden Spoons and don't want any more.

Still pretty funny the amount of Freo supporters that said "He's signed, bookmark it"
Yeah, to be fair though there were an equal amount of Saints posters saying "He's staying, bookmark it". This time last year, I posted a credible rumour* that Goddard was determined to get to Freo to play under Lyon. This rumour came from inside a football studio, not completely removed from where Robbo often plies his trade but with perhaps a little bit more cred than 360.

I stand by what I heard and said. A year is a long time in footy, but this time last year I'm certain Goddard wanted to come to Freo.

* Credible rumour is a bit of an oxymoron, I realise that.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but can't you see that a ruckman would be more value to St.Kilda than to West Coast for example?

Not really if I was to be honest L2M4G

Comp has expanded, a lot of clubs now, odds are going to be pretty heavily stacked that a few clubs will be sourcing a similar type at any one time.

i cant believe this how did the club let it get to this

bad salary cap management when we were on the edge of claiming a flag. were now fixing that problem with an eye to building a list that will complete in another 3-5 years.

the best thing beej can do for us is leave so we can collect pick 13 and get more salary cap space in 2-4 years when our new kids will be out of contract again.

setting a really good culture at the same time. club before individual. loyalty before $$. no player worth more than 600k. self sacrifice for the team.

theres so many positives that outweight losing beej.

Not really if I was to be honest L2M4G

Comp has expanded, a lot of clubs now, odds are going to be pretty heavily stacked that a few clubs will be sourcing a similar type at any one time.

That's true but one club may see that ruckman as the missing piece (eg Collingwood and Darren Jolly) and pay more. More clubs, means more players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Brendon Goddard to Essendon (Old thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back