Brisbane Lions vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Shouldn't have included that one - it's Brown doing a Lloyd dive. Did you see his dive on the flank when on Gibbs in the 3rd? Pathetic stuff. Good on the umps for not falling for that rubbish. :)

Nice excuse by the way, and just to let you know - just to bring you upto speed with the latest rule changes- Thornton's hands in Browny's back is a FREE.

Are you serious? lol. I mean do you actually understand that tackles ALWAYS persist for sometime after the ball gets released. So long as the tackle doesn't persist for too long it's is OK. BUT in Fev's case he never gained possession of ball, and was pulled backwards when running toward it i.e. an obvious holding the man because he did not have possession unlike Brown. I can't believe I have to explain these obvious points to you guys. Let me guess, you're DreamTeamers? :)

I was going to come and tell you what a clown you are, but I get the sense this is all part of your little act? Nice flame attempt, but i'm sure you don't even believe what you just wrote. Especially because you again bought up the Fev incident even though I never mentioned it. Good luck against the Saints "unlisted"

hmmm umpiring was a little in our favour.. but seriously.. u put Bradshaw on Fev and your bound to lose the game from the get go. I was very happy with the tight hard tackling footy though.. Blues tackling certainly dropped off though like the commentators said in that last quarter. Our poor goal conversion early on nearly cost us another game. We still need more of our other forwards to step up with Fev.. as much as i enjoy Fev scoring half the team's goals! :p

Re Umpiring : if your harder at the ball and you make the play - usually you are going to be rewarded with free kicks. Id suggest the "huge" discrepency in the free kick has something more to do with that than "dubious" frees. I would argue in the first three quarters Carlton was far harder at the ball than Brisbane, and earnt more frees through hard work than those of "charity" value.

Brisbane might need to learn that you can't expect to play half a quarter of football and expect to win games. It was a similar result in the first game against Carlton. Again Carlton dominated that game for the majority of the time, only to be swamped by Brisbane for a small period, which ended up making the margin closer than it should have been.

Thats three wins on the trot against Brisbane, with two of them being at the "gabbatoir". It seems Carlton, maybe just maybe has the wood on them for now....

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane Lions vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back