Review BULLDOGS WIN- The Bombers Anti-Streak lives on

Remove this Banner Ad

The value of Gardner in one image.

This is the contest before it spilt out to Smith handballing it to Dale, who passed it for Schache's first goal

1630244341953.png

If you look at the previous camera angle, Gardner's actually lost a bit of ground to Francis, positioned himself badly. But he's got the speed, reach and jump (overall athleticism), where, even out of position a bit, to reach around Francis, spoil the ball and help us to a goal.

The stats book suggest Gardner only has about 2cm on Cordy. But when you factor in wingspan, jumping ability and speed off 2-3 steps, they're completely different athletes.

Is why, I suppose we persisted with Gardner and tried him in different positions. The athletic tools were there, not many 197cm blokes have the decent speed and reach that he does. You can't teach that when you can teach a hell of a lot of other things at AFL level.

But the lockdown was getting to Bevo? There was confusion at the club with selections? Bont looking deflated on 360? How will we score? Why didn’t we select an underdone Martin?! So many questions!
It shows that us mere mortal supporters know very little about coaching. The ruck was really good and as said above the whipping boys played blinders. Hope we can win next week in Brisbane.

I didn’t want the dogs to win and was disappointed with some umpiring decisions BUT they absolutely, 100% without a doubt deserved the win. Foot to the throat in the last quarter. For Cody to get those frees he had to at least get himself in good positions where a player would at the very least have to commit a 50:50 offence to prevent a certain scoring shot.

I saw Cody’s Instagram and was disgusted btw. He’s a kid, a very good kid in that and it is absolutely not his fault the game is adjudicated the way it is. Very disappointed in supporters from all clubs going out of their way to make him feel like shit in what should be a joyous time for him.

We're back. The 2nd half was what we brought for the first 20 rounds. Bailey Smith's game was massive, worked hard defensively and kept us in it early. A shout out to Roarke Smith also, loved his efforts.

The usual suspects took it by the scruff. Macrae and Libba absolutely huge.

Treloar and Bont worked their way into it. Stood tall when it mattered the most.

And finally, the Flea!

Going to enjoy this!
Grea point about Baz's defensive work, so important early when the Bombers looked threatening. Did the hard yards today, all credit to him. As did his teammates!

The Bombers supporters can slowly stew in their victim mentality all summer.

Don't worry, they'll win trade week again and pat themselves on the back that Dodoro strong armed in not having to pay an extra 4th round pick in a trade that holds up every other trade and isn't resolved until the final hour again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question: So do our boys go and stay at Barnbougle now like the GWS and then head to Queensland later in the week?

There are a few good golfers in our team I can imagine might like to have a chance to get out for a hit on one of the best golf courses in the country. Although with the retirements of Dicko, Jongy and Suckers that does remove a few of the best golfers I think.

Just went and read all the hateful comments on Cody’s Instagram page. My God I cannot imagine what some people think is appropriate. These people must have family members, what would they think if someone went and attacked their family members for just doing their job the way they are attacking Cody Weightman. It’s an absolute disgrace.

I am as passionate about football as any person and yep I am pretty shitty when the Dogs lose. But I would never even think to go and post on an AFL players Instagram page, and yet there are so many Essendon supporters and those from other clubs who think this is okay?

It is utterly appalling and Essendon as a club should be ashamed that their supporters are doing such a thing. Cody didn’t call the free kicks. Heck he didn’t even play for them. Two of them were clearly there, one was a bit weak but still technically correct and the other was a mistake by the umpire but that’s not Cody’s fault, he didn’t ask for the free, he was probably just as surprised as everyone else but what’s he meant to do? I reckon I saw a few Essendon players playing for free kicks or getting a few that weren’t deserved as well, did they give them back? Did Devon Smith say no to the 50M penalty that delivered him a goal? I don’t think so.

Really Essendon Football Club need to come out and publicly shame their supporters who are doing this crap to a 20 year old kid. The AFL clubs need to stand up for any players being bullied like this. If it was Bulldogs fans doing this I would expect the same from our club and from the members of this Board. It’s just totally not on. I’ve got good friends who follow Essendon, but I’m losing any respect I had left for that team’s supporters after what I was reading.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review BULLDOGS WIN- The Bombers Anti-Streak lives on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back