Can Sam Walsh be the GOAT?

Remove this Banner Ad

Weak as piss, and one of the worst kicks in the league.
On top of that he doesn't have a defensive bone in his body.
Massive drop off from last year, and he has been figured out by other clubs.

Will be a vanilla midfielder like Laird and Parish for the rest of his uninspiring career.
I know you eagles fans haven't seen a defensive effort for 3-4 years but I wouldnt have thought you'd have forgotten what a tackle is.

Not a defensive bone in his body yet averages the 6th most tackles per game and 8th most pressure acts in the comp...

🤡🤡🤡

He ain't no Rankine,Butters,Daicos,Rozee or Gulden though, i would say walsh now and the other players in 2018 draft (specifically rankine and rozee) have had better careers and are higher rated players in the comp
Reckon if that draft was done now...

1. Butters
2. Rankine
3. B King
4. M King
5. Bobby Hill
6. Rozee
7. Blakey
8. Jordan Clark
9. Briggs
10. Bailey Smith

No Walsh 👎

Reckon if that draft was done now...

1. Butters
2. Rankine
3. B King
4. M King
5. Bobby Hill
6. Rozee
7. Blakey
8. Jordan Clark
9. Briggs
10. Bailey Smith

No Walsh 👎
The day Bobby Hill is rated in the top 5 of his draft is the day the world implodes. Even Owies has kicked more snags than that spud.

Bobby Hill gives away more goals than Owies kicks.

Oh, and he has a Norm Smith Medal to his name. Not sure Owies has that in him...
Bobby will be satisfied for now having won 100% of the total N Smith medals from that draft year

Maybe 5 is too low
The fact Owies is leading him in any important metric is an indictment on Hill.

Either way old Bobby isn't fit to tie Walsh's shoelaces. Neither are half the names you mentioned

It is quite an interesting case study though.

In the Daicos GOAT thread, the conversation leads to discussing players of the ilk of Matthews, Coleman, Bunton, Ablett Snr and Ablett Jnr.

In the Walsh GOAT thread, the conversation leads to discussing Bobby Hill and Matt Owies.
An accurate reflection of the delusion levels of each supporter base. Pies think a squib is a the GOAT, Blues fans think Walsh is the best player in his draft.

Aka, Pies fans are living in fantasy land while Blues fans live in the land of reality.

It is quite an interesting case study though.

In the Daicos GOAT thread, the conversation leads to discussing players of the ilk of Matthews, Coleman, Bunton, Ablett Snr and Ablett Jnr.

In the Walsh GOAT thread, the conversation leads to discussing Bobby Hill and Matt Owies.
I find Walsh really hard to watch, lurching around out there, running very straight lines, flexing and kicking potatoes 🥔 imagine having to watch him every week

An accurate reflection of the delusion levels of each supporter base. Pies think a squib is a the GOAT, Blues fans think Walsh is the best player in his draft.

Aka, Pies fans are living in fantasy land while Blues fans live in the land of reality.
It hasn't been the Pies fans bringing up Matthews, Coleman, Bunton, etc. in the Daicos GOAT thread.

Success breeds success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh isn't good enough to play VFL for Geelong or Collingwood- just ask Mr Meow and the Fudgelator.

Also - only donkeys vote for goats.
What a weird conclusion you came to.

I said Walsh had a fantastic run for about half a season's worth of games and has dropped off since. This, by the way, is also a consensus view among Carlton supporters.

Arguing and mockery for the sake of it is simply lowering your colours. It's difficult for me to figure out why that brings you joy.

Weak as piss, and one of the worst kicks in the league.
On top of that he doesn't have a defensive bone in his body.
Massive drop off from last year, and he has been figured out by other clubs.

Will be a vanilla midfielder like Laird and Parish for the rest of his uninspiring career.
Yep. He has no hurt factor. He's a stat plodder and turnover merchant and poor defensively.
His overblown reputation comes in large part from being a #1 draft pick.... Just like Gibbs, Murphy and Kreuzer before him.

This is funny, as he isn’t in the top three players currently playing at his club.
Nor would he be in the top 20 players in the league.

Yet some pelican thinks he may be the best to play the game ever.

Horrible, horrible call and the OP should be embarrassed.

This is funny, as he isn’t in the top three players currently playing at his club.
Nor would he be in the top 20 players in the league.

Yet some pelican thinks he may be the best to play the game ever.

Horrible, horrible call and the OP should be embarrassed.
A bit like with the embarrassment the OP of the Nicky thread should be feeling, something in me just doesnt think either trolls will give a damn

A bit like with the embarrassment the OP of the Nicky thread should be feeling, something in me just doesnt think either trolls will give a damn
Except....

The OP of the Daicos thread isn't alone when suggesting he's already in the mix as the best current player in the game, less than three years into his career, and tracking to be one of the all time great players.

So no, it's nothing like it.

Except....

The OP of the Daicos thread isn't alone when suggesting he's already in the mix as the best current player in the game, less than three years into his career, and tracking to be one of the all time great players.

So no, it's nothing like it.
The OP of the Daicos thread is surrounded by equally as blind Nicky sycophants who preach the same drivel as he does.

The irony here is this thread was made by a troll as a troll in response to a troll, but the Nicky thread was made in total seriousness by a troll who still doesn't realize that everyone in that thread is just there to take the piss out of him and his padawans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Sam Walsh be the GOAT?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back