Autopsy Cats lose to Crows by 12 points - Rd 1, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott is the root issue from which everything else stems. Zuthrie plays because Scott likes him, same with O'Connor, same with Miers, same with a number of players that i think would struggle to get games at other teams but are walk up starts for us under Scott. The issue this year is we do have a deep list of talent to choose from, so now more than ever our selection will be a huge factor in our success. It isnt the first time you can look at the team named to play and say we gave something up at selection, sadly it has become an all to familiar problem.

Evans and Narkle should play, Henry has to play, and you're going to have to find a way in for Duncan at some point too, although that may still be a few weeks away. Im not going to boot Atkins yet, we need players who show intent and he does that, ill take a few mistakes from him if he keeps putting his head over it and tries. And i think he does add something for us down back. Kolo is a massive question mark now, seems to have lost confidence. If you cant play him as a key defender, and instead use him as utility, then Henry should get a chance to claim that spot and i have confidence he will.

But now we have to respond against Brisbane probably without Danger and maybe still missing Cameron and Duncan...gonna be a big ask.

Watching how we played, and how quickly Brisbane are moving the ball at the moment, it could get ugly next week, and I doubt the Lions will let us get back into it either.

Against tired kids in the last Q with less fit men on the bench.
He’ll get a game soon but needs to show he can run out 4Q before anyone should get excited.

He was in a loss v Coburg. No guarantee he or anyone else played well enough to come in. By the sounds Stephens was before injury
How can he show what he can do when he doesnt get the consecutive games like others... Gee he finds the ball amazingly compare to others, and his only a kid....

How can he show what he can do when he doesnt get the consecutive games like others... Gee he finds the ball amazingly compare to others, and his only a kid....
Play him next game then.
if he’s blown up out of tickets in the 4th quarter or has low ToG % then line through him and send him to the magoos to work on his aerobic capacity.

A month of footy in the seniors isn’t going to magically fix things. He either has the tank or he doesn’t. If he does then by all means play him.

We don't have a selwood or a danger to drag us over the line anymore 5 years ago we would have won this

Cam Guthrie tried to drag us over the line, but he's not as adept at it as the blokes you named.

Hendo is too small to defend the monsters. He could have had 7 kicked on him today.

We are taking away our biggest and most unique advantage in the entire league in that Blitz in the Wing/ruck role to force him back. I mean it’s clear as day now. He was super after half time when he went back to last years role.

we have underestimated what we had.

Like the Tigers did with Bolta and before that Astbury it’s a shame we can’t just put Krueger in. Hendo has zero chance of holding up on the leagues best or anybody over 195. Henry also has to be better than Kolo.

Anyone could see that Tex Walker was smashing Kolo. Scott loves to back in his players but he needs to be less stubborn to make a change when it’s clearly needed. Had he moved Kolo earlier or Danger to the middle earlier, we may not have been 7 goals behind. It was too big a margin to reel in. Shades of 2019 PF with Tom Lynch and 2020 GF with Danger forward instead of midfield. If it’s not working, make the call earlier Scotty, please.
Not being an apologist for Kolo but if Stanley wasn't so fragile and Jenkins not up to this level, Blitz wouldn't have had to ruck and Kolo would not have been playing on Walker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outs next week
Danger, Menegola, Jenkins

In
Constable, Touhy, Henry

Wasn't Constable already in if he was the medical sub?

Don't know about dropping Jenkins. Don't think we can afford to play Blicavs in the middle next week when we're coming up against Hipwood and Daniher. Henderson would be playing on one, but either Kolo or Henry would be grossly undersized playing on the other.

We have to give credit to the crows today. They were fantastic and fought hard the whole game. Everything, I mean everything, was going their way for the first half. The main reason it was close at the end was due to their injuries.

From a one-eyed fan’s perspective though, the umpiring was atrocious. Despite this, the cats had numerous opportunities to win the game but blew them all.

I was worried when most experts picked the cats to finish on top of the ladder recently. That is a recipe for disaster at Geelong. They’ve been better when people write them off at the start of the year.

Not being an apologist for Kolo but if Stanley wasn't so fragile and Jenkins not up to this level, Blitz wouldn't have had to ruck and Kolo would not have been playing on Walker.

that’s 9 goals kicked on kolo in his past two games. It’s not looking good for him

Danger is definitely going to get suspended but it's a ******* joke that that's worthy of a suspension.

No PFD, Cameron or Duncan against Brisbane. We're probably going to go in to Easter Monday 0-2.

The rule is clear - you elect to bump and you accept the consequences if there’s contact to the head. Not rocket science and he probably misses 2.
Stupid thing is if he disposes of the ball in the earlier contest like he should have that clash never happens.
I’m a Paddy fan but he’s no Dusty - he makes far better decisions with the ball in hand. Danger needs to lift.

Wasn't Constable already in if he was the medical sub?

Don't know about dropping Jenkins. Don't think we can afford to play Blicavs in the middle next week when we're coming up against Hipwood and Daniher. Henderson would be playing on one, but either Kolo or Henry would be grossly undersized playing on the other.
I’m talking into the starting 22
Yeah I do agree we need Blitz back, reports from the vfl practice match Fort played ok and kicked a few.
I’m not normally one to ask for Dekonning or Kruger to come in but I also wanted to see Jenkins today play as a second ruck/forward and now I don’t want to see it again

very ordinary attitude
very ordinary effort
constable must come in and stay. his ball winning essential
jack henry should never have been dropped

out Dangerfield suspended, Zuthrie twice his previous size but still too small as a defender, Kolo again 5 kicked on him, Menegola injured
in: Duncan, Tuohy, Constable, Henry

players on notice
Miers, Jenkins, Dahlhaus

keep cameron out for 4 weeks
hope ratagolea back very soon

The only person who enjoyed Kolos performance today was Jack Henry. For the rest of us it was horrendous.
And Taylor Walker he'd have slept like a baby last night knowing he'd have Kolo and Zuthrie to contend with down back with the predictable Blits in the ruck.

I’m talking into the starting 22
Yeah I do agree we need Blitz back, reports from the vfl practice match Fort played ok and kicked a few.
I’m not normally one to ask for Dekonning or Kruger to come in but I also wanted to see Jenkins today play as a second ruck/forward and now I don’t want to see it again
Id love to see Kreuger play, but he doesn't play as a 2nd ruck....

Autopsy Cats lose to Crows by 12 points - Rd 1, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back