Autopsy Cats lose to Freo by 7 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just throw the cheque book at Scott for a payout. The first year he was there, it was the players and Brenton Sanderson and the ghost of Bomber that won 2011. Incredible talent acquisitions occurred in the following 11 years, apart from any that involved Chris Scott's influence...you know the ones. He is a pretender with the gift of the gab, a charlatan, or if you really want to dig, a pseudo mate of the players that doesn't offer anything in the way of mental fortitude building or maintenance, because he expects the players to manage that themselves at all times, in other words, that's not my fking job. With a plethora of coaches to do everything for players, possibly how to crap effectively, what exactly is his job?
Aaaaaand HEREEEEE COMEEEEE THE PRETZELS!!!!!

Ok. Just listened to press conference. All good.

We were just a bit off today. And we have a clear path to get back to our best.

Injuries just gives opportunities for SAV and Parfitt and to come back in.

With that comfort from my coach I am back happy and looking forward to a win next week.

😳
Sav as our centre half forward and Parfitt as our midfield bull would take us back to our 2019 vintage. Can we recall Dahlhaus as a pressure forward?

Serious question…. Should we drop jezza and book him into surgery now and try to restructure our forward half a lot lighter and nippier? Go for pace and rebound and have Stanley float forward and Rohan/Henry compete aerially.

His form has been very mediocre and if rumors of the shoulder are true just book him in.. his doing nothing as he is now

You just knew they’d serve that up today.

Danger cooked
Stanley - pack your bags
Midfield - very average

Let’s see what crap the coach served up at the presser. Our best is well behind us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Stanley had 42 hitouts.

the entire freemantle team had 24.

possibly was our best player today.

You just knew they’d serve that up today.

Danger cooked
Stanley - pack your bags
Midfield - very average

Let’s see what crap the coach served up at the presser. Our best is well behind us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Let’s hear no more arrogance about us being the “danger” - absolute ****ing joke

We had Hawkins giving the backline a spray last week then missing a set shot from 30m out directly in front and today we had Stewart giving Stanley / midfield a spray then turning it over at critical times on multiple occasions in critical positions.
You didn’t learn: “Do as I say, not as I do!” from the nuns at school? 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stanley absolutely dominated the ruck contests.
Stanley's not the problem, it's the blonks at his feet.
Amazing it took 47 posts in the thread to point this out. He destroyed Jackson.

I tend to agree, they love their out of the arse stuff, and they've probably got the next best record at KP behind Sydney and GWS, having won in 2005, 2013, 2015 the last two seasons.

Then they'll go out and drop their dacks to some club at home and revert to type. They are an underachieving club, at least we do have four recent Flags.

But indeed they beat us fair and square today, we were bog ordinary sadly/
A few teams (the ones you mentioned) seem to have worked out that KP is just another footy ground. Not a cheat ground, just a ground.

All teams used to know this. Expect other teams to work it out again eventually.

The Selwood era disguised this.

It's simple maths: relatively few high marks are taken forward of 50 so why bomb long? Another game lost because we missed targets going forward and generally stuffed up promising entries.

Cameron seemed to rush his shots - this was arguably the third game lost through his inaccuracy.

Several players are looking past their prime.

At least we know where we are now in the pecking order; even so we're bound to hear and read more rubbish about our best can beat anyone ha ha.

What geme did people saying Stewart was good watch? Easily the worst game he's played for the club absolutely pathetic from a leader.
Was our best player at half time. By a long way.

second half was a stinker for him like his 2017 finals series.

still probably scapes into our top 5 players for the game overall.

Add to that. . .in past seasons senior + talented players were relied upon too much. When they were off, we often lost.

In 2022 we saw a very cohesive team. Every player fulfilled their role.

One of Selwood’s abundant talents was an inimitable ability to go hard when we were down + drag the team with him.

Standing, expecting the ball to slide down the throat + no backup from teammates allows oppo teams to intercept.

Lots of work to be done if improvement is wanted.
So true about Selwood. He literally would drag us over the line. Other players lifted when they saw Joel go into juggernaught mode. He had an enormous influence in our sustained success from 2007 to 2022.

It reminded me of the GWS game today.
I couldn’t attended. How did it look from the stands?

It was a weird game

I'm not sure it's the worse we've looked - while not live at the games, our first 3/4s against Brisbane & our 2nd & 3rd quarters against Sydney looked a lot worse where we just didn't seem to even recognise a match was on

Today's match wasn't good, nor something we'd watch on replay - reminded me a bit of the first half versus Hawthorn where we had our opportunities but lacked cohesion, and the ability to work through the gears. At the start of the last quarter we seemed to have finally clicked, but then lost that momentum just as quickly

It seemed like we always had more to give but the guys just couldn't work out how to make it happen

I’m going to shoot down our normal super hero.

Got me shocked that Stewart is getting wraps about his game.
It was terrible, he was exposed and the occasion got to him.
When he went to the midfield to give them a blast, the midfield should’ve told him to sort out his backline.

25 disposals for 11 turn overs, not to mention the amount of direct goals his opponent kicked.

Considering 22 of his 25 disposals were uncontested that’s a putrid game
11 turnovers farken! That must be a record.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats lose to Freo by 7 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back