Autopsy Cats lose to Lions by 11 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Stewart looked good in the middle when he went in. I'd be interested in how others saw that. Do you think we'll see more of that? He seemed to be able to get back behind the ball again pretty quickly. And it we're not winning the ball to start with, turns out it's pretty hard to win games.
If we are seeing Stewart in the middle things are going very badly. That’s what I think.

I’m told Jezza has a “bung” shoulder. Shouldn’t be playing and will have surgery post season.

Can hardly lift it above shoulder height and whenever he’s tacked or goes to ground hard, the pain is pretty obvious.

Pushing hard to play on with it but I wouldn’t be expecting any late season heroics.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've heard likewise. An judging by the number of one-armed efforts when he attacks the ball, it's not surprising.

I agree that you need both. But I do think once you factor in ratio to effective disposals (even "safe" disposals can be useful) and score involvements you have a pretty useful system to measure a winger's effectiveness. Ultimately right now we are starved for ball winners and Duncan remains one of them.

Tuohy and Smith I'd venture to say are more erratic and also win less footy. Yet I still think it's players like Zuthrie, Bowes and Holmes who need to step up most in this area if we're to hit top form.
There is also this after watching the game from a very good vantage point for game set up and and tactics last night I'm convinced a good percentage of turnovers can be contributed to lack of movement from players forward of the kicker now what comes first the chicken or the egg here can be debated but so many times the ball carrier looked in two minds as to where to go and became rushed and the otherside of the coin was there seemed to be no set plan coming forward for 3 quarters and it was slow allowing the Lions to set up behind the ball.

I've heard likewise. An judging by the number of one-armed efforts when he attacks the ball, it's not surprising.

Tell us all about your New Manager for the Whites

I havent looked it up - it is Sunday afternoon and i cant be bothered

But your new Pictorial avatar - i presume thats the new manager for Leeds United

Sometimes saying "We think our best is good enough to beat anyone" just doesn't work. You actually have to produce your 'best', which in itself begs a lot of questions.

In footy everything is relative; the other teams aren't just static entities; they change and evolve; they might actually want to win the game as much or even more than you do.
Yes. That statement is getting tired. Scott needs to come up with another mantra.
’our best is good enough‘ is a nothing statement that would apply to just about every team (with the possible exception of WCE who are a genuine basket case.)

Yes. That statement is getting tired. Scott needs to come up with another mantra.
’our best is good enough‘ is a nothing statement that would apply to just about every team (with the possible exception of WCE who are a genuine basket case.)
If he goes back to "one week at a time", our flag chances will increase by 18% according to my simulator.

If we are seeing Stewart in the middle things are going very badly. That’s what I think.
Apparently he attended 8 centre bounces versus North

Not sure things were going badly in that game, so it seems this is something the coaches have been trialling for at least a couple of weeks - curious where it goes long term

BTW - MRO findings from yesterday

Merrett can be rightly pissed that he was done for staging against us last week, but there was no such findings from last night

Curiously though, Stengle reported for striking - not completely upset by that as it shows a level of intent, frustration & care about what's happening out there. Now for next week, put that effort into impacting the contest and not whacking Zorko

1690099593921.png

BTW - MRO findings from yesterday

Merrett can be rightly pissed that he was done for staging against us last week, but there was no such findings from last night

Curiously though, Stengle reported for striking - not completely upset by that as it shows a level of intent, frustration & care about what's happening out there. Now for next week, put that effort into impacting the contest and not whacking Zorko

View attachment 1750735

What's your impression re: Stengle......do you think he's as invested, as excited with his footy as he was last year?

Only watching from far, far away, but at times this year his body language and demeanour has looked flat to me.

Did anyone watch Port v Pies last night?.

Chalk and cheese with our game, it looked like a final.

Now I'm not saying we won't be able to kick it up a notch or two come finals if we make it, but I'm concerned we are conditioning ourselves with too much mediocre, low intensity stuff like this Bris game and Sydney

I liked how we finished off attacking and taking risks though
I watched it from row J. Was intense.

I forgot how feral some Collingwood fans are too. It's like there was just one or two angry f***heads strategically placed in every row or so.

What's your impression re: Stengle......do you think he's as invested, as excited with his footy as he was last year?

Only watching from far, far away, but at times this year his body language and demeanour has looked flat to me.

I don't think we've seen the best of him this year and he has been disappointing at times - that's not specific to his goal kicking, but his involvement in general

I'm not sure if last year he came with something of a point to prove, that he had earned the second chance and he wanted to show the football world what he was capable of, but it's not necessarily the same situation this year. Or maybe it's not having Betts around the club this year which is having bit of an impact

Not sure we can even blame the broken arm as being a cause for concern as I don't think he was going that well before the injury, and as much as you don't want to see any player injured, it did allow for a break from football & a reset for him

I would like to see more Stengle, and maybe that'll happen with next year being a contract year - but don't want this to become a Motlop type situation where we get the good in a contract year and the frustrating between that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently he attended 8 centre bounces versus North

Not sure things were going badly in that game, so it seems this is something the coaches have been trialling for at least a couple of weeks - curious where it goes long term
I must say I have zero memory of that!

I must say I have zero memory of that!

Having been at that game, I was of the same thought last night when it was mentioned during commentary - I decided to check for myself just now and it's true. I do like the added stat of Tuohy getting a centre clearance that match having not actually attended a centre bounce though

1690101418758.png

Having been at that game, I was of the same thought last night when it was mentioned during commentary - I decided to check for myself just now and it's true. I do like the added stat of Tuohy getting a centre clearance that match having not actually attended a centre bounce though

View attachment 1750850
I was there too and can’t recall any of it. Mind plays tricks eh?

Gary Rohan is the most important player in our side.

A
Gary Rohan is the most important player in our side.
A fit Rohan would've run havoc against them in that second half. I feel like Close and Stengle operate better alongside him as well.

Rohan in and Guthrie back are what we need. The defence looks solid enough now. The midfield and forward groups both need their barometer player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back