Autopsy Cats lose to Suns by 19 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think changes still need to be made. Not that there were too many in the VFL putting their hands up. But I think Parfitt, Neale and Dempsey need to be strongly considered.

Close needs to find form in the VFL. He can’t get near it.
I agree in terms of Neale in for hawk to give him a proper pre season.

Issue for close is that it is actually hard to find form in our vfl team.

Dempsey ended up playing very high (wing like) today as it didn’t come deep in first half.

Parf gave his all today. But not sure enough?

If Guthrie was in form I could see taking bruhn back to find confidence (different for an inside mid who can find form I think) and out guth and maybe bowes in the middle to change it up? Then bring in Kolo and maybe dempsey or simpson?

Need Duncan back

I’m sick of making excuses.

I know I’ll cop shit for this. But we are not going to be a good side this year, even with our players back we will be too far behind the 8 ball.

Unfortunate

Tell me you didn't watch the game without telling me you didn't watch the game.
Actually was watching F1 but that got a bit boring, and kind of watched on split screen when I saw the score. I’d be lying if I didn’t say I enjoyed it. And I bet you’re loving that we’re currently struggling. It’s been a pretty good rivalry over the years and next week could be quite interesting….albeit expecting you guys smashing us, but I never expected us to win last year either.

Injuries have meant that our selected side has actually got worse each week

I also have no doubt that if a minimum of 2 of Stewart, J. Henry & Kolodjashnij were fully fit & available, that we'd have seen SDK miss at least one of round 2 and/or 3 just due to how much he's been beaten up each week

So we're dealing with player unavailability from the preseason, but then adding new injuries every week - I know we weren't totally injury free last year, but while we had the odd best 22 player unavailable it was more players in the fringes of best 22 or depth that were out

This year we've been whacked with guys we would have expected in our best 22, and all from similar areas of the ground - gets really hard to cover at times

I think changes still need to be made. Not that there were too many in the VFL putting their hands up. But I think Parfitt, Neale and Dempsey need to be strongly considered.

Close needs to find form in the VFL. He can’t get near it.
I'd have Simpson in before Dempsey if he's replacing Close.

IN: Simpson, Parfitt, Neale, Kolo, Stanley
OUT: Hawkins, Bruhn, Tuohy, Close, Ceglar

Stop Motion Sexual Education GIF by Mighty Oak

I don't want to hear anything about how finishing last season later than other teams is responsible for our lack of conditioning and fitness. Sydney's year ended at the same point as us and they look nowhere as unfit.
Sydney had 6 months to look themselves in the mirror and burn up the track in pure disgust at what they showed on GF day. Failure is one of the great motivators in life.

....Our boys were on the piss and eating Maccas three times a day. It's not exactly ideal preparation.

It's not an excuse, I don't like it anymore than you do....but it explains why we are where we are right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a lifelong Kolo fan I'm biased but he is sorely missed IMO
He and SDK (and Bews if he has a job) are the only defensively minded defenders.

We have our first pick but I think we’ve traded our 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounders.

For 2023 we currently only have our first round pick, but for next year we have our full quota

And technically the question asked about next year

I'd have Simpson in before Dempsey if he's replacing Close.

IN: Simpson, Parfitt, Neale, Kolo, Stanley
OUT: Hawkins, Bruhn, Tuohy, Close, Ceglar

I just don’t see Simpson as a long termer. For that reason I’m in the Dempsey camp if I had to choose between the two.

For me it’s -

In - Neale, Parfitt, Stanley, Dempsey

Outs. Ceglar, Tuohy, Hawkins, Close

Kolo to come in when he’s had a good VFL game.

Actually was watching F1 but that got a bit boring, and kind of watched on split screen when I saw the score. I’d be lying if I didn’t say I enjoyed it. And I bet you’re loving that we’re currently struggling. It’s been a pretty good rivalry over the years and next week could be quite interesting….albeit expecting you guys smashing us, but I never expected us to win last year either.
Suddenly feels like you're closer to a flag than we are... based on our current form we are incapable of smashing anyone.

Hooray!!! Another Record.
It's definitely the aami insurance advert curse.
It's a thing, look it up on Wiki.
Hawkins is so unfit; he shouldn't even burden the 2's.
If anyone was to think the AFL is rigged, and I'm not saying that, but if they were to think that, and consequently believe
the Cat's were told to play off their game for a spell, then I would possibly not think that person was bat-shit crazy...not that I think that.
I did not say this, I was not here...

Yes, but the media all told us that our A+ 2022 trade period would ensure we stayed at the top. In fact they said it was unfair that a top side could do so well out of trades!

Quite a conclusion to draw before Bowes, Bruhn and Clark had even put on a GFC guernsey.
No doubt, but the post was referencing the future as well. It's why I'm saying it's an unreasonable expectation to have.

Surely Rohan plays a full match next week and he plays 4 quarters in the forward line - think he's something we've been missing down there at times this year and we've got to stop shifting him to defence to fill gaps

I know he can play behind the ball, but he's much better as a forward and much better for the team when playing forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back