Autopsy Cats lose to Suns by 19 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m never going to another game at Metricon. We almost never play half decent footy there. Looked lazy, uninterested, and honestly like that sort of showing wont beat any team in the comp. Embarrassing stuff.

Added to which, playing Henry in the forward line is just giving the other side an extra unmanned defender free to waltz up the middle of the ground

I know Rohan has been a whipping boy throughout his career, that he's never been a really high possession winner but he does have a tendency to make something happen when the ball is in his area and can bring an intensity that our forward line feels like it's missing at the moment

No doubt that Cameron's had a good start to the season, Miers hasn't been too bad & working hard up the ground but probably not enough time up forward to really impact on the scoreboard, and Henry has kicked a few goals but not sure we've got enough from him during general play. As for Hawkins, Close & Stengle - they're all well down on what we saw from them last year, and that's not just from not hitting the scoreboard but also the pressure from them

Would be good to see what Rohan could bring to our forward group, and he brings his pressure game will that help others lift also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam Guthrie getting the ball but totally ineffective. At one stage he could have gone for goal on a slight angle and instead kicked a low kick to Tomahawk who was stationary near the boundary with his opponent in front of him. What was Guthrie thinking. Probably KFC just after he kicked straight to the defender.

Was wondering if anyone put their hand up in the VFL game, but judging by the scoreline, I'm guessing very few did.

Seems to me quite a few players are either resting on their laurels at the moment or have simply been worked out by the opposition - I'm talking about the likes of O'Connor, Close, Stengle, Cam Guthrie and Atkins.

I know Rohan has been a whipping boy throughout his career, that he's never been a really high possession winner but he does have a tendency to make something happen when the ball is in his area and can bring an intensity that our forward line feels like it's missing at the moment

No doubt that Cameron's had a good start to the season, Miers hasn't been too bad & working hard up the ground but probably not enough time up forward to really impact on the scoreboard, and Henry has kicked a few goals but not sure we've got enough from him during general play. As for Hawkins, Close & Stengle - they're all well down on what we saw from them last year, and that's not just from not hitting the scoreboard but also the pressure from them

Would be good to see what Rohan could bring to our forward group, and he brings his pressure game will that help others lift also
Hawkins, Close, Stengle only look good when the ball is coming in quickly snd regularly. The midfield is being smashed and the ball is being bombed in when they do get their hands on it.

At this precise moment it's hard not to conclude that all the new players to the club are not the real deal. At this precise moment, But I'm not blaming our 3 losses on them.

Every player is under-performing and there is no cohesion between the players. Last year we were brilliant between the arcs. This year we turn it over; we can't pull off a chain of possessions. Some players are less than shadows of themselves - Stengle and Hawkins to name just 2. The skipper is struggling and the other mids are having no influence at all.

You find yourself wondering how we won 6 on the trot last year.

The gap between success and failure in AFL is obviously very small.

Hawks next week.

Um rohan played the first two games and was one of the worst on ground in both games. Couldnt find the pill. Other then the run down tackle today (which should of been called play on cos the player kicked it) he didnt do much today either despite having fresh legs compared to everyone else.

he aint alone. But he is one of the problems right now. Not the solution.

he needs to find form fast.

I know its early but im not sure any of bruhn, henry or bowes has got what it takes.

o.henry is just a bit to short to play the third marking option. Has some x factor but not enough to overcome his deficiencies. Seems a bit like a poor mans menzel.

bruhn just looks like another cooper stephens type player who we just got rid of. Doesnt find anywhere near enough ball for the type of role he plays.

bowes just looks too soft.

Baffled why Hawkins and to a lesser extent Stengle are out there, clearly not fit. Close looks disinterested, paddy looks cooked as does Touey. Looking like a long long year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back