Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Players just returned - most still in their playing gear. Like Humphries still had his ankle strapping on, even if walking bare foot

Ollie H with a very noticeable limp but no ice

Mannagh with a bit of ice on his right shin

Also lots of beers coming in - not sure who stopped the bus on the way back to stock up

But Bews was doing a good job helping to carry a couple of cartoons, while Rhys was carrying the wine - guessing this is the... "Let's celebrate at the hotel and not get caught out after midnight prep"

Tanner looked pretty good also
Wonder if Tyson will be joining in.

No need for finals interstate when finish top 2. You may need to go to Ballarat to support bulldogs in last game though

I was this close 🤏 to going to Darwin, and I forgot about Sydney but nearly booked a last minute flight 😂

Even better as the lone Geelong adult (think there was a kid or two) in the area of the bay I was sitting

I had to laugh, just after Mannagh kicked the sealer, a lady behind me trying to keep the positives for Fremantle was saying, "there's still a while to go" - I turned around to tell her that there was 1 minute left

When asked how I knew, I pointed to the benches both holding up 1 signs 😂

I started to breathe slightly easier

Now for ice-cream and to proudly wear the colours back to town
We had a small family in front of us and then nothing but purple
They would’ve known I went for Geelong from my commentary but nothing over the top and everything tongue in cheek.
That Mannagh goal was brilliant.
In fairness with our easy dropped marks and poor goal kicking we should’ve won by 5 goals

Ted is out. Think knevitt gets back in. Would love him to have a break out game which puts pressure on 2E when Tanner returns

The other option is Clark

Guess it'll depend if they want to replace Tanner's CBAs or his wing role

Banfield dropped his elbow into Zuthrie's head, on the ground, after Zuthries took a mark

Deliberate action

It's funny because that happened basically in front of me but I didn't see the elbow - even on the replay with the angle they showed

I was just watching the highlights on the news and they showed it from a different angle and it was clear to see

Great win by the Cats against an undermanned Freo!

Angus Brayshaw should not miss any weeks for the collision with Tanner Bruhn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I've personally witnessed 12 of those 16 points

Maybe I need to get a job with the club so I can travel to all interstate games from now on

Can't remember the last time I saw so many hospital handpasses wearing blue and white. The pressure was on today. We absolutely stole one, and the kids got to enjoy the fruits of a 4-quarter slog effort. Well done, Cats.
I’m not sure we “stole one”.
We worked harder for longer and deserved the win.

So, I also bought my standard Geelong cats tshirt - it's the one with the old school crest on it

Should I take another trip to Fremantle tomorrow wearing it?

He laid a tackle in the play that led to Mannagh’s late goal too. Didn’t give up. People are harsh on him.
He was the one who got onto the ball fastest and kicked it to the goal square for Neale's late goal too. Cameron probably should've marked it. He kicks those two goals he'd normally nail and it's a great game.

View attachment goooooooooool.mp4

So, I also bought my standard Geelong cats tshirt - it's the one with the old school crest on it

Should I take another trip to Fremantle tomorrow wearing it?
What are they actually like over there? I know Perf's overrun with bikies, FIFOs and saffers but you wouldn't get bashed on the street for wearing opposing colours would you?

Perf's wholesome isn't it?

Banfield dropped his elbow into Zuthrie's head, on the ground, after Zuthries took a mark

Deliberate action

I was glad Tuohy didn't go as hard as he could've gone when remonstrating with Banfield after that incident. Would've been ropeable if he did something to give away a free.

He got a HTB in the first quarter.
Yes, along with the other effort at the end, but I would have thought it’s pretty clear he has a lot more opportunities to do that, help out, chase with more intensity, more regularly. I don’t expect him to be Dangerfield or Atkins levels of desperation, I don’t think he’ll ever be that guy, but at the pointy end those kinds of efforts for more of the game can be the difference between going really deep or not.

I think he’s a high talent, I just wish he could add just a little more of that for more of the game. It’s not just him, even without being great in the air regularly, Neale might be able to keep Hawkins out (if he returns) if he also could bring the heat a bit more to stop the opposition waltzing it out on occasion which is where we look vulnerable - teams spreading out from our forward 50. Hawk can’t really do that any more.

The other guys those two are playing with (Close, Miers, Stengle, Rohan, Cameron etc.) aren’t necessarily all in the greatest form but they have risen to that level of intensity and done it when it counts.

Maybe I’m expecting too much, but these are rare opportunities and it would be a shame to not be at our very best this year, when with how things are falling we seem to have an unlikely shot at the whole thing.

Yes, along with the other effort at the end, but I would have thought it’s pretty clear he has a lot more opportunities to do that, help out, chase with more intensity, more regularly. I don’t expect him to be Dangerfield or Atkins levels of desperation, I don’t think he’ll ever be that guy, but at the pointy end those kinds of efforts for more of the game can be the difference between going really deep or not.

I think he’s a high talent, I just wish he could add just a little more of that for more of the game. It’s not just him, even without being great in the air regularly, Neale might be able to keep Hawkins out (if he returns) if he also could bring the heat a bit more to stop the opposition waltzing it out on occasion which is where we look vulnerable - teams spreading out from our forward 50. Hawk can’t really do that any more.

The other guys those two are playing with (Close, Miers, Stengle, Rohan, Cameron etc.) aren’t necessarily all in the greatest form but they have risen to that level of intensity and done it when it counts.

Maybe I’m expecting too much, but these are rare opportunities and it would be a shame to not be at our very best this year, when with how things are falling we seem to have an unlikely shot at the whole thing.
I understand where you are coming from but tonight was not one of those games from Henry. He laid three tackles including a HTB when he averages 1.3 per game. I would bet good money his pressure points were above average as well.

When a player does more of what you want to see it should be applauded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back