Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody gutsy win. So proud of the boys! Could have even won by more if we kicked straight!
Danger was massive in that last quarter!

Clark from Freo can get stuffed. Whinging flog. That showboating after his early goal was cringe. Banfield was a grub too laying the elbow into Guthries head on the ground.

Anyway great win on the road! 💪😍😛🤙
I can't thank Banfield enough it got Zuthrie going and he was important in the final quarter.

I know there's often discussion around the attitudes of different fan groups, and have to admit I was disappointed by some of the comments coming from Fremantle fans today

I'm not talking about the bitching around umpiring, claims we were getting favorable treatment due to "VicBias" - like seriously, do they not realise how much we are on the negative equation of umpiring across the season

But this was around injured players - I couldn't tell which Geelong player was being tendered to on the bench by the doctors, but they were openly mocking him, comments like "does he have an ouchie", or "he wants his Barbie bandaid" etc

I know it was around the time Tanner went off with his concussion but not sure if there was another player who has a cut or required medical help

Just thought it was in really poor taste - one thing I do pride the Geelong crowd on, even when an opposition player gets hurt or goes off for treatment etc, there's generally a positive acknowledgment for them when they've had to go off with trainers

I've also never heard someone in the Geelong crowd mock an injured opponent
Ew that is a bit gross.

The Geelong fanbase has its issues (it's way too quiet) but I appreciate they're usually pretty civil about other teams and prefer to be silent rather than say something stupid or boo.

Clark's one of the few I regret losing but seeing him mouth off to the umpire makes me think that less.

If he'd done that and was playing for us you know it would have been a 50.

I saw that too - I might be wrong, but didn't a similar incident cost him earlier in the year?

Anyway; good player, but I don't exactly miss him.

Bloody gutsy win. So proud of the boys! Could have even won by more if we kicked straight!
Danger was massive in that last quarter!

Clark from Freo can get stuffed. Whinging flog. That showboating after his early goal was cringe. Banfield was a grub too laying the elbow into Guthries head on the ground.

Anyway great win on the road! 💪😍😛🤙
Yeah that Banfield action was disgusting. It'll get a fine but that's the sort of thing the AFL need to give a week for.

Deliberate head high contact when the ball is dead.

Cry. The thought of Stanley and Tomahawk both gone makes me a sad slug.

Liked what I have seen from Neale lately, and Conway earlier in the year, though - so I'll cheer up quick enough!
You will have to agree we might have to invest in a mature age ruckman for next season?

Yep. 100percent agree. If for some reason we get a home final against an interstate side I hoping we don’t even push for it to be at KP.

We have been really poor at home.
I mean really, when you look at it, it won't be the St Kilda match that troubles us but West Coast at home and you can bet Reid will play the best game of the year

Yeah that Banfield action was disgusting. It'll get a fine but that's the sort of thing the AFL need to give a week for.

Deliberate head high contact when the ball is dead.

Intentional conduct, low impact, high contact should be a week by the AFL's guidelines.

But I'm more perturbed by the missed 50. No excuse for choosing to overlook that.

So it sounds as though winning today opens up the door for the Hawks making it.
Maybe we should have 'dropped' that one ;)

Or better yet. A loss to the baggers would be just lovely.

Hawks have to beat Carlton who have been embarrassed the last few weeks.
Blues want to send a statement, don’t be surprised if they come out on fire.

Intentional conduct, low impact, high contact should be a week by the AFL's guidelines.

But I'm more perturbed by the missed 50. No excuse for choosing to overlook that.

When was the missed 50?

Apparently the umpire was blindsided.

There should be a video umpire who can ask for a review during play. Was dirty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will have to agree we might have to invest in a mature age ruckman for next season?

Not against on Orren Stephenson type as a back up, but I'm not that fussed. I know you're not a fan of him in the ruck, but I reckon SDK is the go until Conway is ready.

A ruck duo of Conway and SDK is my (wet) dream.

Ew that is a bit gross.

The Geelong fanbase has its issues (it's way too quiet) but I appreciate they're usually pretty civil about other teams and prefer to be silent rather than say something stupid or boo.

Geelong fanbase the one that declined to boo Adam Goodes when he was going through a period of vilification; I'm probably deluded but I like to think of our fanbase as old school; we're parochial but not feral.

Geelong fanbase the one that declined to boo Adam Goodes when he was going through a period of vilification; I'm probably deluded but I like to think of our fanbase as old school; we're parochial but not feral.
Yeah I think that's a pretty fair way to see it.

I just don't get other fanbases.

Many years ago I was sitting on the fence at an Essendon game and an Essendon player took a great mark.

I applauded.

The Essendon guy next to me asked why I was applauding:

"Cos it's good footy?"

When I can catch a game I'm a loud supporter, but sometimes you've just gotta celebrate sublime skill.

Banfield dropped his elbow into Zuthrie's head, on the ground, after Zuthries took a mark

Deliberate action
That was the missed 50. Zuth had taken the mark, Banfield drove his elbow into his face. That should have been 50, but we never seem to get one.

Umpire-on-the-spot looked completely blindsided to be fair

Treacy not playing most likely got us the win as he'd slot 2 or 3 goals but on the flipside, no Bruhn for half the game, no De Koning or Rohan and we still had the resilience to get it done.

Really was a massive win in the grand scheme of things.
Fremantle have probably blown their chance of finals. An 8 point game if ever there was one.

With Bruhn out, he'd have to be a chance. I reckon it'll be Rohan, SDK, Hardie in for Mullin, Bruhn, and as-yet-unnamed player to be managed.

Hardie wont play at marvel as we will want runners for a quick up and back game. I think his papers are stamped anyway.

How soon can we start that fund 😜

Prior to this year I've been to one interstate match - 2017 preliminary final 🤢

This year I've traveled back to Adelaide for our round 2 clash, up to the Gabba and now out west to Optus

Guessing I should start saving up in case of any interstate finals 😂
No need for finals interstate when finish top 2. You may need to go to Ballarat to support bulldogs in last game though

Players just returned - most still in their playing gear. Like Humphries still had his ankle strapping on, even if walking bare foot

Ollie H with a very noticeable limp but no ice

Mannagh with a bit of ice on his right shin

Also lots of beers coming in - not sure who stopped the bus on the way back to stock up

But Bews was doing a good job helping to carry a couple of cartoons, while Rhys was carrying the wine - guessing this is the... "Let's celebrate at the hotel and not get caught out after midnight prep"

Tanner looked pretty good also

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back