Preview Changes: Adelaide vs Geelong Sat 6th May 1:10pm GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Berry in for Murphy - can easily play that role and will add to midfield rotations. Murphy has stunk 2 weeks in a row and true Murphy has returned.
Cook or Nank for Milera - has also stunk for 2 weeks and needs a kick up the arse
We've been in this position before. Resting mids like Berry / Crouch etc playing off half forward doesn't work. Murphy has some forward craft and gives his all, he hasn't had the best weeks the last 2 games but he has some friends there... If he goes out we need a good hard runner with good vision. Cook / McHenry (but his skills can't match his vision).

Parnell for Milera, Gollant for one of Tex or Fog. Schoey out for Berry. Keays to play defensive fwd role on Stewart all day. Would like to see Newchurch in, but the Cattery is not the place to debut - maybe at home against the Saints, or the Bullies game on Mars.

TT out wayyyyy too soft for Kardinia Park
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

When do we start thinking about post Tex? Last night was an eye opener that we aren't going to win a flag with him. Which is sad, but if we are ruthless how do we get there? Maybe not this week but at some point this season we need to give TT a block of games as the second key.

Milera needs to go find out if he wants to be an AFL footballer in the twos.
Murphy gets a reprieve this week but he needs to perform or he's out for McHenry.
Keays struggled last night because his teammates didn't trust him with his disposal to give it to him. If he's not playing midfield and not getting the ball forward.. what's he providing?

Out: Milera, Keays, Schoenberg (sub)
In: Parnell, Berry, McHenry (sub)

When do we start thinking about post Tex? Last night was an eye opener that we aren't going to win a flag with him. Which is sad, but if we are ruthless how do we get there? Maybe not this week but at some point this season we need to give TT a block of games as the second key.

Murphy gets a reprieve this week but he needs to perform or he's out for McHenry.
Keays struggled last night because his teammates didn't trust him with his disposal to give it to him. If he's not playing midfield and not getting the ball forward.. what's he providing?

Out of interest did you miss the part where Keays played lockdown roles on Mithcell & Daicos at different parts of the game? He is clearly our best defensive forward when playing on half backs (Saad, Daicos)

Milera has to go. The bloke offers absolutely nothing. Does not defend. Offers zero drive. Turns the ball over.
We have blokes like Cook, Nankervis and Worrell that offer more. Why he keeps getting picked is utterly beyond me. He was awful in the preseason games, but we couldn't wait to pick him. Sometimes we can't see the forrest for the trees.

Milera has to go. The bloke offers absolutely nothing. Does not defend. Offers zero drive. Turns the ball over.
We have blokes like Cook, Nankervis and Worrell that offer more. Why he keeps getting picked is utterly beyond me. He was awful in the preseason games, but we couldn't wait to pick him. Sometimes we can't see the forrest for the trees.
If Nicks keeps picking him he's not serious about winning. It's as simple as that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And goes for a casual jog when he receive the ball allowing the opposition to set up behind the ball.

If walker plays like he did last night he won't get another contract. I'm not sure this Thilthorpe ruck experiment is working. I would rather him up forward going for his marks as he did in the showdown and last night against Moore. Give Walker a 2 week break to freshen him up and lets see what a forward line of Fog, Thilthorpe and Gollant can do.

I'd be bringing in Cook for a run this week. Milera for an long stint in the 2's.

Also considering switching Murphy for McHenry. Like 1 in the side, not both. But think McHenry offers a bit more in terms of the leadup. Happy for Murphy to be the sub.

Berry in for Murphy - can easily play that role and will add to midfield rotations. Murphy has stunk 2 weeks in a row and true Murphy has returned.
Cook or Nank for Milera - has also stunk for 2 weeks and needs a kick up the arse
Would love to see Nank for Milera!

Berry for Murph also a good call.

I’d also love to see Peds get a couple of CBAs a quarter. He is just see ball get ball and would likely improve our clearance efforts

Yes, the sooner people realise he's soft the better
He’s a 20 yo beanstalk taking 6 contested marks in the wet

You don’t do that if you’re soft and it’s rare air for a 20 yo tall to do that let alone in the rain

Give us a break

*edit - Thilthorpe is equal 3rd in contested marks in the whole AFL and he’s played one less game , I think some people are sleeping on now well he’s going and where he could get to

Last edited:
After watching the sanfl I think there’s enough growth in Hately to get him in for a crack

Who to squeeze out , I’m going to finally say Murphy

Sloane and Soligo to play that high forward role and continue to play mid minutes too

Ins Hately Parnell Gollant
Outs Murphy Milera one of Tex/Fog depending on who needs rest more

Also Schoenberg to sanfl and Cook sub

I’d say he’s very close to getting a game

Went to Tassie as emergency then came back and was best player out there against south

Using the ball extremely well and running looks improved
Thanks, sorry for some reason I didn't see your post even though it was posted 2 minutes before

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: Adelaide vs Geelong Sat 6th May 1:10pm GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back