Preview Changes: Adelaide vs Geelong Sat 6th May 1:10pm GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

With Hawkins and Cameron firing I think we need to bring in the extra height in defense.
Butts is a trier but his mobility is definitely effected by that calf injury.
Keep him in because we just don't have much height in defense but see how he's playing.
If he's run around or being beaten then the extra Worrell/Keane/Nankervis in the rotation could be the option for Geelong.
Whoever they chose to go with, someone needs to fill the 'hole' at their stadium. The amount of times they hit a lead up target is criminal.

I've said it before but at some stage during the year we will play two legitimate rucks. We need to try and have a look at this set up.
I don't care if ROB loves being a workhorse, we need to get alternative looks in the center and around the ground, (it's a concern).
They can rotate off the bench, if Burgess has our players as fit as his reputation suggests then it shouldn't be a problem going in with a slightly taller line up.
We have Thilthorpe who goes well around the ground and takes contested marks

No point having 2 rucks that don’t have versatility to play anywhere else

Straughan is a real battler IMO

He’s got a bit of skill but he’s not strong enough to compete with big rucks and he doesn’t cover the ground well

Would love to see our side without Rob, if it wasn’t for his around the ground marking last night it would have been a terrible game.
His marking was helped by the fact they had no one tall enough to go with him.
His ruckwork except for one backhanded tap was ordinary.
ROB boundary throw in stuff was super frustrating , he kept thinking they were going to land deeper but they never did

He smashed Billy all up though , would have been handy if he could have taken a mark deep at a couple of tries he had and actually kicked one straight , would have been most ironic thing ever

The over top carry on and indignation from the vic media over the umpiring in this weeks game against Collingwood will ensure a huge reaming by the umpires at GMBH stadium this week although to be fair this happens each year with this crap stain of a stadium
It’s prob good to get it all over and done with this week

Prepare the lube

ROB boundary throw in stuff was super frustrating , he kept thinking they were going to land deeper but they never did

He smashed Billy all up though , would have been handy if he could have taken a mark deep at a couple of tries he had and actually kicked one straight , would have been most ironic thing ever

smashing Billy in the ruck is a very low bar. And if that was true, you'd have to be highly critical of our midfield who got torched at stoppages.

Unchanged please.

the last thing I want is a young kid like a nank or a dowling bought in.. only for them to become the fall guy when the whole side gets towelled up by the team with no salary cap at that absolutely pathetic excuse for a stadium they call home.

when I look at cats list I struggle to see how they would be over the cap. They've got a handful of highly paid guns but nothing like the star power they and hawks had back in the day. Reckon Demons and Lions lists should be more expensive.

Unchanged please.

the last thing I want is a young kid like a nank or a dowling bought in.. only for them to become the fall guy when the whole side gets towelled up by the team with no salary cap at that absolutely pathetic excuse for a stadium they call home.
Could go McHenry for Murphy

smashing Billy in the ruck is a very low bar. And if that was true, you'd have to be highly critical of our midfield who got torched at stoppages.
We got smashed at clearances by some pretty decent mids and his ruck taps weren’t as advantageous as they should have been

Billy is a horrific ruckman and footballer in general so you’re right , just a pass game by ROB due to his post ruck duel game rather than his actual hit out stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hately deserves another chance at this level, and playing his preferred position.

Does Sloane need a rest? Could we put him at hf, and Murphy drops out of the 22?
Murphy out and Sloane and Soligo can cover the high forward role

Makes sense to get a clearance player in given we were whacked there and Hately deserves his chance as is in good form

Think we need to give him 3 games though min

We got smashed at clearances by some pretty decent mids and his ruck taps weren’t as advantageous as they should have been

Billy is a horrific ruckman and footballer in general so you’re right , just a pass game by ROB due to his post ruck duel game rather than his actual hit out stuff
Watch the last qr again and you will have to review your thoughts. Billy won the first 3 centre bounces with ball clears by pies

Rob could not or would not play in front of Billy at boundary throwing and the last two of the game were Billy with deft touch to a running pie

Apologies to Rob if first three quarters especially seeing one of the coaches rated him as top three on ground with his marking around ground always being his strong suit

Watch the last qr again and you will have to review your thoughts. Billy won the first 3 centre bounces with ball clears by pies

Rob could not or would not play in front of Billy at boundary throwing and the last two of the game were Billy with deft touch to a running pie

Apologies to Rob if first three quarters especially seeing one of the coaches rated him as top three on ground with his marking around ground always being his strong suit
I’ve mentioned the boundary throw ins earlier … for a high IQ guy off field he wasn’t too fast to adapt to the shallow throw ins , infuriating that he couldn’t adapt to that , or get feedback or listen to it or both

I think you’re overrating Billy’s game , he had a couple of ok moments but it seems the bar is set extremely low , he’s a guy that was drafted as a ruck about 7 years ago , he’s not some amateur footballer they plucked off the street

8 possessions , 1 mark , 2 clearances , 2 tackles . Hardly played like Polly Farmer . The goal was handy

He’s a 20 yo beanstalk taking 6 contested marks in the wet

You don’t do that if you’re soft and it’s rare air for a 20 yo tall to do that let alone in the rain

Give us a break

*edit - Thilthorpe is equal 3rd in contested marks in the whole AFL and he’s played one less game , I think some people are sleeping on now well he’s going and where he could get to
Yep, because he’s not kicking goals since Fog has been back, but that’s not how we are using him. If he replaced Fog he’d kick goals and everyone would think he’s playing well.

His marking has improved out of sight and in another year he will be a beast.

He’s a 20 yo beanstalk taking 6 contested marks in the wet

You don’t do that if you’re soft and it’s rare air for a 20 yo tall to do that let alone in the rain

Give us a break

*edit - Thilthorpe is equal 3rd in contested marks in the whole AFL and he’s played one less game , I think some people are sleeping on now well he’s going and where he could get to
How do they judge a contested mark?
is it different to a pack mark, how many are 1v1 how many are pack marks?

How do they judge a contested mark?
is it different to a pack mark, how many are 1v1 how many are pack marks?

They don't separate them to my knowledge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: Adelaide vs Geelong Sat 6th May 1:10pm GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back