Preview Changes and pre-match discussion for Round 4 vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lycett can’t possibly be picked this week. That’s 3 absolute horror performances in 4 games.

has to be the slowest player in the afl. All huff and puff with no substance at all.

I couldn't care less about his second efforts in fact the cynic in me wonders if they're a smoke screen to TRY and make up for getting beaten

in ruck. Your job is giving our mids first use of the ball... game set and match. Bring Hayes in he couldn't be worse.

That’s the problem there’s nobody showing enough to say pick me.
I just believe we have to start playing some of the young guys to see what they got and if there worth keeping.
We are going to have to expect a lot of pain for some time.
Yeah Ken is shyt but the playing group is also not up to it.
We need Ken gone and move some players off our list.
We also need to evaluate every player and be brutal about there future at Port.
Even if we do all of the above I still can’t see things turning around until people like Kotch are gone from the club.
There’s no quick fix.
The lack of player development is concerning

Was mainly thinking how post-showdowns we might be cooked.

Went to look it up and it turns out we have a 44% win rate for games the week after a Showdown.
Yeah, but since we didn't play the last quarter maybe there's a bit left in the tank 🤔 😁

And then what?
Sprinkle some magic fairy dust and all is good again 😂😂😂😂

no you clown, no one expects miracles. but at least there's hope that things might change and a new coach might implement a gameplan that's capable of success. maybe that takes 5 years, who knows, but there's no point treading water with daddy donuts.

no you clown, no one expects miracles. but at least there's hope that things might change and a new coach might implement a gameplan that's capable of success. maybe that takes 5 years, who knows, but there's no point treading water with daddy donuts.
No game plan will work unless you have the players to implement it.
Our problems are much deeper than just Hinkley.
Kotch needs to go with him and our list needs a full review as it’s not up to it no matter who’s coaching.

If all those things are not done a new coach will only achieve the same results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kotch needs to go with him and our list needs a full review as it’s not up to it no matter who’s coaching.

If all those things are not done a new coach will only achieve the same results.

collingwood went from 17th to the best team in the comp in 18 months without much personnel change.

st kilda went from a joke to top of the ladder in one off season.

coaching is important.

It's sad, but the only way this is going to end for Hinkley is to continue racking up bad losses, preferably in consecutive weeks. A loss to Sydney this week will see the pressure on Ken amplify.

I never want to support the opposition, but when you know your Club is stagnating and trading water because it is too stubborn to move on its coach, on can only hope that the results create a point of no return to force change.

This may be true. At the same time, Ken has had multiple turnovers of the playing list and the coaching staff. He has been afforded every single opportunity to have success and he hasn't been able to deliver. Even if you were to use Ken's words, this playing list is the best he's ever had. Can't suddenly shift the goal posts for him based on some bad results that he is a part of.

We are not going to see a sudden epiphany from Ken that sees the team bounce into contention overnight. After 10+ years, he's run his race, and he couldn't get it done. The next man might not either, but that should not be reason to not move on from someone you already know hasn't been able to get it done.

Will be in Sydney for the game.. Is there a pub people usually attend beforehand?
There is one, I forget it's name though.

Massive Puma's League?

I think our list is a bit out of whack but not terrible.

We do have a number of players that we could delist now and I don’t think it would change things dramatically. However, a number of those players are fine if they are fringe, break glass in emergency types. Mead, Farrell, McKenzie, Clurey, Evans, Dumont, Bonner are all fine as depth, keep the pressure for spots on and ensure a strong SANFL/reserves to maintain winning culture and allow for player development.

Problem is, McKenzie, Clurey, Farrell and Bonner are all in the 1s and Jonas and Lycett have regressed to the point of being depth themselves. Add to this Jones and Fantasia are struggling, and you have a third of your 22 made up of depth or struggling players.

We desperately need Jones, Pasini, Mead, Sinn and a ruck to come on and get lucky with early development of Jaskson, McCallum or Marshall. If that happens, suddenly those depth players are back being 3rd or 4th in the queue, there is pressure for spots and the level of performance dramatically improves.
Quote from our Website: in the Mix for Round 4.
Youngster Josh Sinn was impressive against the Crows, gathering 19 disposals and seven tackles as he was deployed more through the midfield by SANFL mentor Tyson Goldsack. The former first-round pick was a pre-season bolter last year, making his AFL debut in Round 2 before a torrid run with injury put an early end to his season, managing just two more games at SANFL level in 2022. His dash of pace and lethal left foot could be a welcome addition at AFL level if he is deemed to have built up enough fitness following an interrupted pre-season.

Tall defender Jake Pasini was also solid in a backline under constant pressure as he continues to push his case for an AFL debut that was close to coming to fruition in 2022.

Dylan Williams (22 disposals and 11 rebound 50s) was poised in a new defensive role and the experienced Trent Dumont (19 touches and seven tackles) stepped up as a leader through the midfield after captain Cam Sutcliffe was forced from the ground early due to injury.

collingwood went from 17th to the best team in the comp in 18 months without much personnel change.

st kilda went from a joke to top of the ladder in one off season.

coaching is important.
Top of the ladder Saints after 3 rounds 🙄
Coaching is important but not as important as players.
A good team can win with any coach but a shyt team is still shyt even if Jesus is coaching them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back