Preview Changes and pre-match discussion for Round 4 vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now here's a thought. JHF with ball on hand is elite. Instead of rotating him fwd, I wonder if a half back role would be a better fit for him than going forward

I realise this goes against my earlier posts of not having players at half back, but we need elite foot skills that can take and make that 45 pass, and he is truly elite.

Might be an option as he builds his tank
This is a very smart idea, especially considering JHF isn't that short compared to other players like butters. Also his ability to hit targets is some of the best i've seen

Play Williams. Why not, season is cooked. No one is playing well at HB. May as well give him his last chance and see what he can do.

I wouldn't give in to temptation to play Sinn yet, let him give us another 2-3 weeks of what we saw on the weekend.

I'd play Pasini. Sam Hayes was average, but I'd probably still rather see him than Lycett.

No one else is worthy.

Apart from coach...

Out: Lycett, Jonas
In: Teakle, anyone big and fast in the twos

This is a very smart idea, especially considering JHF isn't that short compared to other players like butters. Also his ability to hit targets is some of the best i've seen
Mentioned the same thing the other day, but I was Quoting Malcolm Blight as he suggested that same thing some weeks ago. He did this with Andrew McLead then moved him into the middle. He turned out alright!

If I have one saving grace it’s living in Perth.
I honestly feel sorry for any of you guys in Adelaide having to endure this week.
I used to find it best just to agree with them, makes em stfu faster.
Now I'm retired one of the things I definitely don't miss is the Monday morning after a showdown loss when there would be cuttings from the Sunday Mail, or crapvertiser stuck on the glass of my office, and/or spread all over the desk.

In an office scenario of 16 ( an equal mix of both genders ), only myself and a female manager were Port supporters, we didn't hide the fact but neither of us were vociferous about it and we were both members of our club and at the time regular attendees at Power games, and Maggie's games at Alberton.

Of the 12 or so K-mart type tingle `supporters' none were members, only one attended the occasional game, and at least a couple of them had to be told the score by others when they arrived for work.

They were atypical of many crow's barrackers who are definitely a different breed to the average football follower!

Now I'm retired one of the things I definitely don't miss is the Monday morning after a showdown loss when there would be cuttings from the Sunday Mail, or crapvertiser stuck on the glass of my office, and/or spread all over the desk.

In an office scenario of 16 ( an equal mix of both genders ), only myself and a female manager were Port supporters, we didn't hide the fact but neither of us were vociferous about it and we were both members of our club and at the time regular attendees at Power games, and Maggie's games at Alberton.

Of the 12 or so K-mart type tingle `supporters' none were members, only one attended the occasional game, and at least a couple of them had to be told the score by others when they arrived for work.

They were atypical of many crow's barrackers who are definitely a different breed to the average football follower!
Looks like nothing has changed over there in the last 20 years.
As bad as we think the crows mob are I can assure you Eagles supporters are the worlds worst.

It's like they have a need for a pantomime villain to somehow offset against their banal bland lives

Looks like nothing has changed over there in the last 20 years.
As bad as we think the crows mob are I can assure you Eagles supporters are the worlds worst.
You are probably right re Eagles supporters, I have seen games where they have started booing inside the first minute at what has appeared to me as a neutral as an obvious free to the opposition.

Crow's barrackers can sometimes hold their fire for little longer than that.

This would never happen but Boak and Wines are the sort of players who need 30+ touches to have the same impact on the game as Rozee, Butters & JHF who can, or have the potential to, be 20 and two goal type players.

I’d be looking to Wines for a massive lift in output and I think Lycetts poor form has something to do with it.

Play Williams. Why not, season is cooked. No one is playing well at HB. May as well give him his last chance and see what he can do.

I wouldn't give in to temptation to play Sinn yet, let him give us another 2-3 weeks of what we saw on the weekend.

I'd play Pasini. Sam Hayes was average, but I'd probably still rather see him than Lycett.

No one else is worthy.

Williams is worth a try but from what I saw of Pasini he was no better than the rest of the Magpies on Saturday and he has had a fair lay off and may need a few SANFL games under the belt.

At least if we play a young ruck like Hayes we have an eye on the future. Scott Lycett is cooked and has no future.

It would be good to see our ruckman used as Dean Brogan was used by Choco. Broges used to drop back and take defensive marks across half back and O'Brien did the same for the Crows on Saturday. Meanwhile Scott Lycett didn't take a mark anywhere on the ground. If our ruckman took some defensive marks it would allow Allir to man up on any super talls. Maybe that sounds a bit too much like a plan and would not fit with Ken's thinking?

Hayes is capable of taking a mark or two but hasn't shown it at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club keeps pumping Butters’ pre-seasons and how he will transition into the midfield, yet he’s been relegated to a HFF
Based on need butters playing as a back line small would use his attributes of running at different angles and setting up play. He can tackle ok, ok endurance and be able to go with small crafty forwards.

Now here's a thought. JHF with ball on hand is elite. Instead of rotating him fwd, I wonder if a half back role would be a better fit for him than going forward

I realise this goes against my earlier posts of not having players at half back, but we need elite foot skills that can take and make that 45 pass, and he is truly elite.

Might be an option as he builds his tank
Working for Daicos and big reason why Collingwood have improved. I like it.

It’s worth a try at this point because everything else is failing.

Georgiades in and down back. Who cares who goes out.
Pasini in for Clurey.
Hayes for Lycett.

If we’re not going to give games to Pasini at this point we may as well delist him. Otherwise if Mccullum has shown enough, in he comes.

Either way who really cares. As much as we praise our list management team they have completely effed up our list composition and age profile across key areas. We should have drafted for these positions 3 years ago when it was obvious we were about to end up at this point. But alas, everyone wanted to turn a blind eye to it and now we’re in a deep hole.

I am against Finlayson playing interstate what with issues with family.
Others may view this as weak, I know.
At home.....sure, you are right.
Stand corrected re McKenzie if that is the case.
I understand your thoughts re Findlayson although his wife has said publicly he needs to be working and she wants him playing. She is still travelling so maybe while she’s well she’s fine with him being away for a couple of days.

Where Dean Brogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back