Preview Changes and Preview Brisbane vs Ports @ Gabba, qualifying final thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a fair point. We never lost a final at the gabba in our glory years with an average winning margin of from memory 40-50 points. It’s a long way from that

I think if port start well and are in touch we could get very tight

I am hopeful a good start for us might actually relax us but we haven’t been starting well at the gabba lately

How ‘tall’ would you guys say Lord plays? I’ve seen a bit of him, seems he can take a grab but is still raw. I suspect he will get Lester who will be giving away height and relying on bodying him.

Port are playing one extra tall so could stretch us - but might help us not get outrun too badly.
Port start shit so you're in luck on a good start.

It’s a fair point. We never lost a final at the gabba in our glory years with an average winning margin of from memory 40-50 points. It’s a long way from that

I think if port start well and are in touch we could get very tight

I am hopeful a good start for us might actually relax us but we haven’t been starting well at the gabba lately

How ‘tall’ would you guys say Lord plays? I’ve seen a bit of him, seems he can take a grab but is still raw. I suspect he will get Lester who will be giving away height and relying on bodying him.

Port are playing one extra tall so could stretch us - but might help us not get outrun too badly.
Lord plays his height
2metres

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope the port boys watched tonight’s game to see how not to play a final. Poor conversion was what cost Melbourne. Still sticking with a 6 goal loss due to Hinkley being in charge.

Thinking McEntee was going to get dropped for evans was akin to thinking we were still sacking Ken after 13 wins in a row.

Thinking Fantasia was going to come in despite him playing less than 5 games In 2 years and his body breaking down every 5 minutes was truly fanciful, tooth fairy level stuff. I get he does some good things but you can’t trust him to even get through the warm up uninjured let alone finals intensity match.

Even if you wanted these things to happen surely you can acknowledge that they weren’t ever going to happen and pump the breaks on the melting.

Predictable changes.

Neither Evans or paper mache Fantasia are worth losing sleep over.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Thinking McEntee was going to get dropped for evans was akin to thinking we were still sacking Ken after 13 wins in a row.

Thinking Fantasia was going to come in despite him playing less than 5 games In 2 years and his body breaking down every 5 minutes was truly fanciful, tooth fairy level stuff. I get he does some good things but you can’t trust him to even get through the warm up uninjured let along

Even if you wanted these things to happen surely you can acknowledge that they weren’t ever going to happen and pump the breaks on the melting.

Predictable changes.

Neither Evans or paper mache Fantasia are worth losing sleep over.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I look forward to the melting on Saturday night when McEntee spuds it up.

Tonight's game proved that goals are at a premium in finals and we are not going to play Fantasia who apart from Rioli is the only crumber in our team. We can't expect Lord to take marks against Andrews. We need someone to be at the fall of the ball once it hits the ground and who can sneak a few goals with limited opportunities.

I can't wait to lose by 1-2 goals. That's where Evans could've kicked 3-4 but instead we've gone for one at best mcentee cruicial tackle in a forward line with only one dynamic small in Rioli. 3 ****ing defensive pressure smalls. Unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back