Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

-7 SC points for Walker actually. Someone on another forum I visit sarcastically posted "Maybe cmndstab should make a video about Taylor Walker getting -7 supercoach points this week. <:mad:>", hahahaha :p

My apologies:eek: DT wasn't so bad, managed a comparatively respectable +11 points:D

Back to being serious, I doubt he'll be dropped, his form in the SANFL warrants another chance and we all have the odd shocker of a game.

This is just plain bullshit!

No one turns over all of thier possesions. At worst the efficiency would be around 50% and I would rather someone get it 25 times with only 12 effective disposals that someone get it 6 times with 5 effective disposals.

As for Walker's time on ground, absolute rubbish. He spend 90 odd minutes on the ground for 6 disposals and some very soft efforts in a contest.

If we are being fair, Douglas played better than Walker. The only thing that might save Walker this week is Burton's injury, otherwise he would be a certainty to get dropped.

Probably a bad example but anyway, Im glad thats your way of accepting new posters on the board:(

I sure hope that Birdman will be good to go this week, he's been in such good form after returning from injury. If he does have to miss then Tex will get some added pressure methinks. At least Mackay will return, i've heard.

Probably a bad example but anyway, Im glad thats your way of accepting new posters on the board:(

Don't mind Stiffy - he's normally harmless but his left testicle has been given away on many occasions and he's possibly a little grumpy! ;) He probably didn't notice the "apprentice tag" either. Welcome aboard, but beware, while most in here are friendly, some bite! (Stiffy isn't normally one of them though).

Don't mind Stiffy - he's normally harmless but his left testicle has been given away on many occasions and he's possibly a little grumpy! ;) He probably didn't notice the "apprentice tag" either. Welcome aboard, but beware, while most in here are friendly, some bite! (Stiffy isn't normally one of them though).

No worries thanks very much for the welcome:)

Why would you have Sellar as dropped?

Not only was he our best ruck on the weekend, but he's shown improvement every game. If Griffin comes in, then Sellar goes to CHB.

I don't think Maric and Sellar are the ruck combo to take us a long way in the finals. Griffin and Maric are the two to lead there. Lets bite the bullet and make the change now.

As far as Sellar going to half back, I don't believe he has the agility to go with Franklin. Having both Rutten and Sellar back there would not give us the mobility we need. I am not writing Sellar off as a player, just saying I would omit him at this stage.

Considering he's probably in line to be delisted, I wonder if there's a chance Hentschel might be given one last roll of the dice?

Mackay's absence is killing us big time. :(

Anyway Davis is a classy, smart and poised footballer but as others have said he has a way to go physically. We do need another tall though you feel so if they go this way then fine. Young would be close too though.

Personally I'd include Sloaney as well. Gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Roughead out, I now think we should comfortably beat the Hawks. They don't have too many forward options they can bring in with Williams, Thorp and Boyle injured. So that basically leaves Franklin and Dowler as their key forwards this week.

I reckon maybe a like-for-like swap of Davis in for Otten who is starting to tire (not criticising him, he just needs a rest IMO) so Davis can start on Dowler. Rutten can start on Buddy who is likely to play much closer to goal now Roughy is out. Stevens can play as the loose man and can also take Buddy if he goes for a run up the ground.

If Burton fails to come up, then Rowdy deserves one last roll of the dice as he has played solid footy in the SANFL for the last few weeks and is more versatile than Will Young.

D-Mac could come in to add some class but may need another week's rest given his history with hamstring injuries

I'm starting to really worry about Mackay's long term future. Missed basically an entire year in 2007 through constant hamstring injuries and now he's missed 4 weeks on the trot when it looked like he would play against Collingwood. He's 21 years of age and already had significant issues with his hamstring, I can only imagine what it'll be like when he's in his mid to late twenties. :(

Mackay's absence is killing us big time. :(

Anyway Davis is a classy, smart and poised footballer but as others have said he has a way to go physically. We do need another tall though you feel so if they go this way then fine. Young would be close too though.

Personally I'd include Sloaney as well. Gun.

With MacKay now ruled out Sloane should be considered. He is starting to show a bit.

I'm starting to really worry about Mackay's long term future. Missed basically an entire year in 2007 through constant hamstring injuries and now he's missed 4 weeks on the trot when it looked like he would play against Collingwood. He's 21 years of age and already had significant issues with his hamstring, I can only imagine what it'll be like when he's in his mid to late twenties. :(
He's got a good body shape to get over it.

Not oversized hammies. A person with Roo's body type is much more effected long term.

He 'should' be fine. But you're right. The early warning signs are there. None the less, it's just a strain.

The Buddy match up becomes a bit less of a problem.

Likely to see a spare man in defense, Truck to take him one and one and to be helped a LOT on the lead.

He'll lead to the right pocket, usually a dead pocket for lefties, but he loves it. Otten or Stevens or perhaps Davis to play the chop off role with help from every other maned up defender.

I can't believe it, they've lost Roughead. Well, makes everything a whole lot easier and improves our chances of winning even more. Was very surprising though. Does kinda direct the attention to just Franklin and Rioli in the forward line.

Roughie out is a big bonus, but Rutten still should play FB on Dowler or whoever they play at FF (including Buddy).

Bock, Danger & Mackay all ruled out & Burton unlikely...

Griff in to put Maric on notice given other players to return.

Davis in to give a taste & Otten a much needed rest.

B: Davis, Rutten, Johncock
HB: van Berlo, Sellar, Goodwin
C: Vince, Thompson, Reilly
HF: Knights, Stevens, McLeod
F: Walker, Tippett, Porplyzia
R: Griffin, Shirley, Edwards
I: Maric, Doughty, Douglas, Symes

In: Griffin, Davis
Out: Burton (inj), Ottens (rest)

The crows site says that mackay was a chance (and that was put on facebook an hour ago but I don't know whne the article was published) Would be good if davis gets a game, but I was going over to SA for the first time this year and was going to watch Centrals & North play... hmm not sure if i'll bother now! maybe I'll go watch Griff's power running :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back