Changes for Round 7 vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Its put him in a position where at worse he is pretty much done at the club, at best he becomes number 1 scapegoat and Hansen's best mate ;). Terrible decision and its looks like Woosha is pretty much done.
Sad state of affairs

Board has no right and should never, ever interfere with the coach and player selection unless they have no cofidence whatsoever in the coach. And if this is the case, then he shouldn't be there.

At the end of the day, he only has himself to blame. Building a team of coachings spuds around him and jobs for mates. A diabolical drafting regime and coaching / gameplan
- Only drafting 1 crumber in 10 years
- Has never solved the forward line problem, is going backwards
- Failure to develop a gameplan where the mids deliver to the advantage of our forwards and forwards play to the advantage of the mids (a cohesive and unified gelling of forwards and mids into a team oriented gameplan)

I see Woosha is feeling the heat... GOOD, because many of us are becoming very disgruntled.
I see Broadridge is under pressure... GOOD, save your own a$$ mate and F*** him off.

With Franklin probably missing from hawthorns lineup keep Brown in the twos for another week to regain some form, and give lynch and mckinley at least another week to prove why they should retain there spots on the list come end of year and bring back players who can actually find a target and not butcher the ball on every occasion.

So outs: Masten, Embley, B.Jones

Ins: Butler (if fit) One of our better users of the football, Stevenson not sure why he was dropped last week, Stevens time to see if this kid can play

The Age reports Franklin is right to play, which isn't a bad thing as he will be playing with some form of pain killers and won't be as mobile as when he's 100% fit. Buddy might play a decent half of footy but I bet he drops off after half time.

If any game we can play with less talls it this one, losing Masten and Embely is two more runners not playing so please get Sheppard, Stevenson and either Butler / Nicoski in the side.:eek:

Glass played a much better game last week thankfully, still not convinced he is 100% fit though.

B: Butler, Glass, McGinnity
HB: Hurn, Schofield, Waters
C: S.Selwood, Priddis, Swift
HF: Nicoski, Kennedy, Hams
F: Naitanui, Lynch, LeCras
R: Cox, Ebert, A.Selwood
I: Mackenzie, Rosa, Sheppard, Stevenson
E: Brown, Dalziell, Stevens

In: Butler, Nicoski, Sheppard, Stevenson
Out: Embley (susp), Masten (knee), Jones (arm), McKinley

There will be no debutants this week.

Ins - Brown, Butler, Nicoski
Outs - Masten (inj), Embley (inj), Jones (inj)

Why? i dont know i have tried to understand the reason behind any of the changes that have been made week in week out but have come up with nothing. I guess the coaches know what they are doing though

There will be no debutants this week.

Ins - Brown, Butler, Nicoski
Outs - Masten (inj), Embley (inj), Jones (inj)

Why? i dont know i have tried to understand the reason behind any of the changes that have been made week in week out but have come up with nothing. I guess the coaches know what they are doing though

Sheppard's debut has been widely reported, I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

Woosha: “When you give your spot up in the team, you’re not just giving it up for one week, you may be giving it up to give that player an opportunity to show how they can perform,” the coach said on Wednesday."

Tell that to Lewis Stevenson.

Imagine if we bring in Brown and don't drop one of Lynch and McKinley, we'll have four talls both back and forward. I think Woosha may actually be trying to get into the book of records, tallest team ever to play AFL kind of thing.

I am a little confused/concerned with Wooshas comment re Brown. We shift him forward, he shows a little bit in a couple of games, then has a shocker and is dropped. He plays forward for his club and plays very well and kicks 5.6. Woosh then suggests he could come back as a defender to replace Jones :confused:

If we had decided he is a defender couldn't we have sent the memo to East Freo?

We are either giving him time to prove he has something as a forward or we move him permanently back. Surely sending him back as a forward suggests we are trying to develop him there - so why bring him back to replace Jones?

Also the logic in Wooshas comments this week to suggest consistency with the forwards (they need to be given more than a week) is fine in theory but makes no sense when applied to Lynch. Lynch did exactly what he has done for 3 years when played as a KP forward - it's not like that was unpredictable. Surely only one game was needed to establish this? The whole lynch saga smacks of Woosh making a decision and being coerced into changing it by others.....

The whole policy re our tall forwards is beyond a joke.

I am a little confused/concerned with Wooshas comment re Brown. We shift him forward, he shows a little bit in a couple of games, then has a shocker and is dropped. He plays forward for his club and plays very well and kicks 5.6. Woosh then suggests he could come back as a defender to replace Jones :confused:

If we had decided he is a defender couldn't we have sent the memo to East Freo?

We are either giving him time to prove he has something as a forward or we move him permanently back. Surely sending him back as a forward suggests we are trying to develop him there - so why bring him back to replace Jones?

Also the logic in Wooshas comments this week to suggest consistency with the forwards (they need to be given more than a week) is fine in theory but makes no sense when applied to Lynch. Lynch did exactly what he has done for 3 years when played as a KP forward - it's not like that was unpredictable. Surely only one game was needed to establish this? The whole lynch saga smacks of Woosh making a decision and being coerced into changing it by others.....

The whole policy re our tall forwards is beyond a joke.

Absolutely. Either they are running around like chooks with their heads chopped off, or there is somebody pulling strings behind the scenes we don't know about. Bad news either way.

Re the backline, IMO we should move A Selwood back to replace Jones:

A Selwood Glass Waters
Schofield Mackenzie Hurn

Create an extra mid rotation for a youngster

I agree. Add to that the fact the Brown was playing well as a defender before being moved to the forwardline. So, it basically goes as follows:

- Brown playing well in defence, but we have more options for KPD's so try moving him forward to see if he can add to our struggling forwardline.

- Brown plays poorly in the forwardline, gets dropped.

- Jones gets injured, Brown replaces Jones as a defender.

Let me guess the next step:

- Brown gets moved forward

- Brown plays poorly in the forwardline and gets dropped.

Brown is a bloody good player. We clearly need him to settle in a position that he can make his own for the next 10 years.

One of two things must happen:
1) Brown gets played and left in the backline for the rest of the season
2) Brown gets played and left in the forwardline for the rest of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True. Seemed to reach a crescendo this week though. There was a full page spread on the back of the West yesterday or Tuesday.

Oh well, all will be revealed in a few hours I guess.

I hope he gets a crack this week along with K stevens. These two are going to better than masten and ebert IMO

I agree. Add to that the fact the Brown was playing well as a defender before being moved to the forwardline. So, it basically goes as follows:

- Brown playing well in defence, but we have more options for KPD's so try moving him forward to see if he can add to our struggling forwardline.

- Brown plays poorly in the forwardline, gets dropped.

- Jones gets injured, Brown replaces Jones as a defender.

Let me guess the next step:

- Brown gets moved forward

- Brown plays poorly in the forwardline and gets dropped.

Brown is a bloody good player. We clearly need him to settle in a position that he can make his own for the next 10 years.

One of two things must happen:
1) Brown gets played and left in the backline for the rest of the season
2) Brown gets played and left in the forwardline for the rest of the season.

Well summed up. It's really tough at the moment with Schofield impressing, and everyone having high hopes long term for Mackenzie as well. In a strange way it could almost be a blessing in disguise if Glass wasn't playing, those three would be great down there together. Brown has really struggled in the forwardline, but at the moment there isn't much room for him down back. I suppose I'd like to see him at full forward, but more because I'm keen to have Schofield and Mackenzie playing as well, as opposed to Brown taking one of their spots down back, and having Lynch or Hansen at FF.

If we had decided he is a defender couldn't we have sent the memo to East Freo?.

I agree I read that and shook my head. I am hoping that it was just a throw away line and we will see him line up at FF in the WAFL this week. Game is televised this week too! woop get to see Brown have an actual impact at FF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for Round 7 vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back