Preview Changes: GRAND FINAL

Remove this Banner Ad

McGovern needs to pass a stringent fitness test to earn a recall. I'd rather have a fit Otto than a hampered McGovern.
I think who we play for next week also will determine on who we pick, so waiting on tomorrow's Tigers v GWS result.
This soooo much this you cannot take unfit players into the GF

If we play Richmond I don't think we can carry Otten into the game, whether Gov is fit or not.

That will be a shattering moment for the bloke too, and I wouldn't want to be the one telling him but it has to be done

Just want to say Congrats guys. As I said at the start of the finals, much respect to your club for the way you've built this team. The mob you played last night bought theirs and failed again. Blueprint to success is drafting and recruiting the right players and your club has nailed that. All the best next week, I truely hope you take it out whoever you play.

Oh and thanks for putting the stupid Bye conspiracy to bed last night. :)

McGovern in for Otten only change for mine. Provided Mitch is near 100%.

Give Greenwood a light week on the track. Hopefully he isn't injured.

How good is it....in a bloody Grand Final baby! One more win to go.

If Gov's still injured, no changes.

B: Luke Brown, Daniel Talia, Jake Lever
HB: Rory Laird, Kyle Hartigan, David Mackay
C: Paul Seedsman, Rory Sloane, Rory Atkins
HF: Charlie Cameron, Taylor Walker, Tom Lynch
F: Eddie Betts, Josh Jenkins, Andy Otten
R: Sam Jacobs, Brad Crouch, Matt Crouch
I/C: Riley Knight, Jake Kelly, Hugh Greenwood, Richard Douglas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we play Richmond I don't think we can carry Otten into the game, whether Gov is fit or not.

That will be a shattering moment for the bloke too, and I wouldn't want to be the one telling him but it has to be done
I agree, but not sure what other choice we have.

we really had to replace McGovern with one eye on the following week, so I hope they're happy with Otten.

Really worried about Greenwood. Rarely trains and is clearly injured. In the last quarter he came off with about 15 minutes to go and could barely run. Didn't come back on. Not sure what the injury is but has to be a concern.
The way he plays hes bound to get banged up and hence the limited gametime. I dont think he quite has the smarts yet to protect himself 100%

Hartigan and Kelly made a few disposal issues. Need to tidy that up. Jenkins and Atkins lacked composure at times, especially Jenkins. Jenkins also needs to cut the selfish play out of his game. Needs to be sat down and shown a couple of clips that was not team first football and it stood out like the proverbial. If its on you give you, end of discussion. Otten's lack of pace is a liability and cannot play in the gf. If McGovern fit, he plays or i would play Keath or Hampton. Sentiment doesnt win flags.

In: Gov
Out: Otten

Last edited:
Hartigan and Kelly made a few disposal issues. Need to tidy that up. Jenkins and Atkins lacked composure at times, especially Jenkins. Jenkins also needs to cut the selfish play out of his game. Needs to be sat down and shown a couple of clips that was not team first football and it stood out like the proverbial. If its on you give you, end of discussion. Otten's lack of pace is a liability and cannot play in the gf. If McGovern fit, he plays or i would play Keath or Hampton.

In: Gov
Out: Otten
In regards to your comment about Jenkins, I agree but I think he can be too slow with the link up. That on the full was because he took too long to raise the eyes and then Geelong flooded back....so he was almost forced to do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: GRAND FINAL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back