Preview Changes & Pre-Match Discussion for Round 11, 2023 vs Richmond @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The three-time All-Australian coach didn't want a send-off game against his old side Port Adelaide on Sunday afternoon, preferring to go with his children and allow interim coach Andrew McQualter to start the task of keeping Richmond's finals hopes alive in the second half of the season."

Not so fun fact from one of the footy shows last night. As Richmond's new coach in 2010 his 1st win was against us. R10 at Footy Park, 77-30. Pleased we don't get the chance to bookend his coaching career. But had it been so we could have called in Mark Williams as guest coach and given him a chance for revenge.

Rioli comes in for Evans
Jonas goes out for one of Dixon/Marshall if fit with Burton going back again.
If neither are fit Clurey or Pasini come in.
If Dixon and Marshall are both ready Lord goes out too (unfortunately).
If Boak isn’t fit straight swap for Mead.

If everyone passes fitness tests

FF: Rioli Marshall Finlayson
HF: SPP Dixon McEntee
C: Bonner Rozee Boak
R: Lycett JHF Butters
HB: Houston Aliir Bergman
FB: Burton McKenzie Williams
I: Drew Wines DBJ Farrell
Sub: Mead

In: Marshall Dixon Rioli
Out: Jonas Lord Evans

Marshall in for Lord just feels like such a terrible decision, and that is taking nothing away from the talent Marshall is at all.

Really want to see Jackson for Boak if possible.
What we saw from Lord was great, and it's going to be huge for his development, but there's no way we can be confident that he can maintain that level yet. He's bought himself time you'd think, happy for him to take his learnings and increase his output at SANFL level and build himself up for replacing Charlie longer term

What we saw from Lord was great, and it's going to be huge for his development, but there's no way we can be confident that he can maintain that level yet. He's bought himself time you'd think, happy for him to take his learnings and increase his output at SANFL level and build himself up for replacing Charlie longer term
Yeah I don't hate that part (though I'd prefer him to get a couple more games first), I just hate rushing Marshall back from multiple concussions.

Lord is shorter than Marshall, which surprised me when i first found out.
honeslty if both marshall and dixon are fit it would give marshall an extra week off. bring him back against the hawks.

if marshall can get back to his 2022 form then he is definitely a first choice over lord. his goal kicking is sublime, Lord is still quite erratic. even that kick from the SPP soccer i wasnt confident in. maybe he needs to do the around the corner kicks from straight in front like some do now.

Going by the news services it sounds increasingly like Marshall will come up but Dixon won't.

They seem confident on Boak, but we've been fooled before.

In: Marshall and Rioli
Out: Evans and Jonas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going by the news services it sounds increasingly like Marshall will come up but Dixon won't.

They seem confident on Boak, but we've been fooled before.

In: Marshall and Rioli
Out: Evans and Jonas
To be honest, it's just another case of "oh Dixon just did a little thing, might be alright".... Proceeds to miss 3 games.

Not sure why we love to be so cloak and dagger about this stuff.

To be honest, it's just another case of "oh Dixon just did a little thing, might be alright".... Proceeds to miss 3 games.

Not sure why we love to be so cloak and dagger about this stuff.
lol we were playing him with a 6-8 week injury.

I like Mead but he's had a few runs.
I would move Jackson above him in the pecking order at the first opportunity and see what he brings to the table at the next level.
Problem is Mead executes by foot at a significantly higher level than Jackson, and Jackson appears to be more inside at the moment.

Jackson seems to have moved past Mead as a long term inside mid option, but I think for now in terms of outside roles Mead has more value at AFL level where finishing is important. What Mead needs to be able to do is develop his game to start finding more of the footy in outside roles. He's a clear inside player and hasn't been able to really stay involved on the outside. Which to be honest is only going to have been made trickier by our far more direct game style this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back