Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a chance he should get a role like that but knowing our numbskull coach he would probably go with it.

His best traits in the forward line are his defensive efforts and ability to bring the ball to ground. I'd instruct him to stick with Sicily but have a crack at the ball when it's within marking distance

Sam Frost is out.

Tag an intercept defender with another tall?

Geez I've heard some baffling things before but that's a master-stroke.

Big bodied talls should be smashing into intercept defenders with speed and knees at every opportunity. Midfielders sit the ball on the interceptors head and the big forwards smash into them.

I think he’s tried that once and didn’t make it. The injury happened in the Freo game and 2 weeks rest before the Geelong game didn’t seem to be enough. If you rewatch the last 10-15 mins of the second quarter he can’t run, at one stage he’s squatting in the middle of the ground in pain - amazed the commentators didn’t pick up on it.
I don't think he'll come up, and if he does, it won't be the same Butters we've been used to. Maybe, we deploy him to the forward line and keep him out of the midfield, but I can't see us getting enough ball forward without him around stoppages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is because of the high press where our midfielders are either close or inside fwd 50 when we don't have the ball in an attempt to lock it in. All Geelong had to do was beat that first layer by running it out with hand. It then creates the "space" that Chris Scott was talking about pre-game for them to attack.

Port across the season have been one of the worst inside their own def 50 when the ball hits the deck. So if they don't clean it up in air, at ground level we are slow to react. Add to the fact that we had DBJ there who has not been in that role for a while, it makes sense how the Geelong small forwards to us to the cleaners.
Blind Freddy knows why it happened but they didn’t change it in 120 minutes of football!!!

The issues were the midfield. Defence held up alright but the other issue was getting it out of defence. DJB no good... missing players who actually run on for receiving plays and great field kicks especially to corridor ruins the play out unfortunately. Burton is good but he lacks confidence to kick smart to targets and procrastinated to slow... that's why both Houston & Farrell were ideal. They just go for it and hit the targets... yeah they've made bad calls/kicks prior but mostly good. Also helps if team mates actually lead and present. One thing I hated about the Gold Coast game. Nobody did ANYTHING... up forward and back.
Houston and Farrell are massive outs, they cut teams up with their disposal DBJ could not hit a barn door.
Lose the midfield your finished.

With Sicily in tears and retiring knowing there is no way he will ever get over the day he got cheesed?

Awkward Can You Not GIF by Fantastic Snacks

Absolutely no way am I missing Port Adelaide play next weekend, its a massive game no matter what you think of the club.

For anyone that hasnt been keeping up with the schedule, we're playing on Saturday night at Alberton vs the Dockers. Cant wait.
Fckn turn it up. We could be playing in an AFLW gf and I’d still watch a AFL nab challenge match ahead of that crap.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Surely Ken keeps Charlie in now that Frost has gone down. We simply can't cover him.

Also, Charlie did a job on Meek in the ruck last time we played, during your comeback. Played well.
Charlie would have trouble running after a drunk overweight boomer at present I wouldn't worry about him.

Put us out of our misery. Cheers.

Surely Ken keeps Charlie in now that Frost has gone down. We simply can't cover him.
All you need to do to cover him is hide your time machine to make sure he doesn't go back to 2021.

Also, Charlie did a job on Meek in the ruck last time we played, during your comeback. Played well.
Thanks mate this is legitimately the most I've laughed at a post on BigFooty this year so far

Shame on anyone considering Todd Marshall. He should not be risking his long term health on this rubbish.
He should retire then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back