Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was harmless yea I get it but clearly disrespects port so if I was Ken I'd rev them up is all I'm saying have some mongrel but they're weak as piss so it won't matter
After a pathetic performance like Thursday's, we deserve it. If ken plays the emotional card, which is the only one he has, we'll get rolled again.

After a pathetic performance like Thursday's, we deserve it. If ken plays the emotional card, which is the only one he has, we'll get rolled again.
Two clearly worse Qualifying Final performances (North losing by 125 points in 2000, and North losing by 106 points in 2007) both ended up with Hawthorn losing the semi final.

Hawthorn as a club would want to be pulling there head in, they don't have a good track record against Qualifying Final losers.

Why we've never addressed the lack of small defenders that can really go with dangerous small forwards is another perplexing issue, even the Crows have turned up Bond who looks extremely promising in that role.
I've been on that one for a while as well and my solution is Josh Sinn.

A young player with speed to burn who lacks confidence would be best giving him a role to tag a Charlie Cameron or Tyson Stengle type who usually tear us a new one. If he gets to run a bit out of defence, great, but number one is to quieten these types of players.

I could see him grow into the role and the expand out when he gains confidence.

Either that or put a guy who lost his role and moved him to the forward line but lets bring him back.

Hawks will be cooked when they play you guys, look like they’ve just played their grand final.

Everyone falls in the trap of writing off the QF loser in the Semi.

Every team has a shocker, that’s the way this season - take when you flogged us.

Your midfield stacks up well v hawks.

Port to win easily IMO.
I come in pieace, and tend to agree. Ive followed footy for six decades, seen many a team get belted, in H n A games, and in Finals, but resurge the next week to cause an upset. It happens. Two most famous ones, when I was young teen , late 1960s, Saints v Cats, Moorabbin, last home game, pre Finals.Saints smashed Cats by 12 goals. Next week, same teams met following week, first E Final, Cats made 3 changes, Cats won by around 10 goals. Going way back, 1958 Finals , my Pies got crushed by then juggernaut Deees by huge margin. We then faced Nth in the PF, and fell in, lack luster. Melb were red red hot faves for flag, Pies 100/1 outsiders, Melb going for 4 flags in row, had cake made pre GF ,with 4 in row, on the cake. Maggies made 5 changes, caused the GF upset of the Century, won flag by 3 goals. ! Fact is,when a team is smashed, humiliated, invariably, few changes made, following week, play totally differently, hit back hard, play like maniacs, and cause a major upset. True, arrogant Hawks - hello Jack Ginnivan- are red hot faves, nobody in Melb is tipping Port, but I reckon Port are a chance, jeez, you crushed Swans by 112 points, you beat Freo, last game, top 2, you aint THAT bad, you just put in an un accountable shocker, it happens to all sides at times. I have a sneaky feeling Port might win this by under one goal, be a different team this week , with resolve. Cheers, and good luck.

"A light hearted instagram post"

People thinking this are absolutely crazy! In the context of what has, and is taking place, Ginnivan's comments would have to be one of the most dumbest pre-game brain-farts ever! Mitchell will be absolutely furious!

And your second point about "having an issue" with it, actually completely misses the issue! The fact is that it is a clear insult to the Port players, completely dismissing them as a threat and as a team. The people that have a real issue with his comments are Hawthorn players & officials. The absolutely do not share your view! He will be hauled over the coals by them.

Do Port people have an "issue" with him. Not at all. Port coaches & hierarchy will be stoked about this, and if they have any brains, make it the theme of the week. It will steel the players, who while they already should be embarrassed and angry, should now be doubling down to make amends.
This makes a very good point.
This should definitely be used as very strong leverage and ammunition by a very proud and traditional club to bolster the playing group into a savage response. It equates to little more than complete disrespect and contempt for said proud, traditional and successful club of 155 years by an upstart, Johnny Come Lately mob who have been around just on a century and have been by and large gifted successful dynasties by way of being handed a very fertile recruiting zone ( 70s) and consistently questionable umpiring ( 80s & 90s) that turned them into a club of significance after 40 years of arse whippings. Their recent successes can't be derided, they have earned them through hard work and graft with a bit of luck on the way ( 2014 PF as an example) but that by no means gives them any right to carry on with this crap.

If the brains trust can't latch onto this and use this as a spur, then they all deserve to be cleaned out, lock stock and barrel. It should be motivation enough for the players anyway if they have any pride - in the guernsey and personal - to want to add a little more of Hawthorn's dominant and most recognisable colour to their faces.

I'm reminded of a mid season game in Adelaide in 2004 against the Toilet Ducks, whose cheer squad held up the run through with the message ' Remember last September - We're Baaaaaack!! ' in huge letters. The players, to a man, saw that and ripped them apart by about 15 goals. Not one player that day backed out of a contest or played ' nice ' . This deserves the same response.

My desire for us to stomp Hawthorn into the turf this week now outweighs my desire to see Ken gone this week

Twitch Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG
90 Day Fiance Tow GIF by TLC

Marshall, Dixon, George, and Rat all training with the A squad today - so looks like Marshall is not as definitively out of the picture as Ken may have alluded to earlier with his 'one half in 8 weeks' or whatever.

Given Frost has the pace to keep up with Marshall but can be beaten by bigger opponents, I reckon Frost out may see us opt for Marshall over Dixon in order to facilitate better delivery inside 50 and keep more space for George/Rioli to work with i50.

The Advertiser said:
Four words that should alarm every Port fan

Port Adelaide midfielder Willem Drew says his side has not identified the exact reasons behind its poor workrate and energy in the 84-point home qualifying final loss to Geelong.

“No, nothing stands out,” Drew said.

“It was a massive game for us and for some reason we didn’t show up.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Hinkley does a Blighty and keeps the players in the rooms and doesn’t let them out until 15 minutes before the bounce. That would be different!

Marshall, Dixon, George, and Rat all training with the A squad today - so looks like Marshall is not as definitively out of the picture as Ken may have alluded to earlier with his 'one half in 8 weeks' or whatever.

Given Frost has the pace to keep up with Marshall but can be beaten by bigger opponents, I reckon Frost out may see us opt for Marshall over Dixon in order to facilitate better delivery inside 50 and keep more space for George/Rioli to work with i50.
Frost being out will mean we load up on 4 talls, one who cant move and tries to mark one handed, one who is scared to contest, wont chase and falls over with any contact and one who looks lost and if he gets it cant kick it straight and MG....and then when the ball hits the ground will be swept down hawks end for a shit ton of goals.

I can see a true hinkleyball to round out his final game, same inside 50s as hawks but 60 points behind.

I’d roll the dice on Marshall over Dixon.

If Faz is full sprint running I’d bring him back if the scan wasn’t 100% correct.

Sinn needs to come in for his speed also.

Transplant a bulls heart into Rozee or deprive him seeing his wife and kids this week, toughen him up

Why can't Marshall replace a McEntee, F Evans or Narkle, not one of them provided anything and have low ceilings.
Because:
a) we need more space inside 50 for our talls to work, adding extra talls just increases congestion
b) we ****ing suck at ground balls, and while the aforementioned 3 haven't been super, they provide more in this area than any of the talls

And your second point about "having an issue" with it, actually completely misses the issue! The fact is that it is a clear insult to the Port players, completely dismissing them as a threat and as a team. The people that have a real issue with his comments are Hawthorn players & officials. They absolutely do not share your view! He will be hauled over the coals by them.

Uh… nope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back