Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The races thing is all very well documented, but I didn't know about this? Care to elaborate?
He sneaked around a toilet, took pics of McStay, in the toilet, totally unknown to Mcstay, put em up on social media, then had to take them down. That was the last straw as a Collingwood player, and the Dawks are welcome to him.

They do play good footy though.
The way to defeat the Dawks, is to do the exact opposite what the doggies did. Bevo, made the dogs players totally unaccountable, to Hawks players. Hawks players literally ran free, No manning up, no close checking, no minding the men, Sicily was allowed to ponce around, free, Hawk players ran an carry free, no pressure, no tackling, nothing. Dont do what the dogs did, make Hawk players feel the heat, constant pressure, and you can win.

Our Finals Record in the Hinkley Era (Ranked by Wins, then Flags, then GFs, then Win%):

Port sit:
  • 11th for wins
  • 15th for win % (With one of the teams below us having not played a final, so we're 3rd last of teams that have played)

winslossesflagsgfsWin %
Geel11141244%
Haw1013391%
Rich1063363%
Syd9120343%
GWS980153%
Coll871253%
WC751258%
WB761254%
Bris670146%
Melb551150%
PA580038%
Adel430157%
Freo450144%
NM430057%
Carlton330050%
St K120033%
Ess04000%
GC00000%

Our Finals record since 2015:

Port sit:
  • 15th for most finals wins, given the win% is less than Carlton.
  • 16th for win percentage, with one team not having even played, so effectively 2nd last.
  • Remember this includes 4 top 4 finishes & 1x5th

winslossesflagsgfsWin %
Rich1043371%
Geel10101250%
GWS980153%
Coll861257%
WC751258%
WB761254%
Syd690240%
Bris670146%
Melb551150%
Haw411180%
Adel430157%
Freo220050%
NM220050%
Carlton230040%
PA260025%
St K120033%
Ess03000%
GC0000#DIV/0!

Last edited:
The way to defeat the Dawks, is to do the exact opposite what the doggies did. Bevo, made the dogs players totally unaccountable, to Hawks players. Hawks players literally ran free, No manning up, no close checking, no minding the men, Sicily was allowed to ponce around, free, Hawk players ran an carry free, no pressure, no tackling, nothing. Dont do what the dogs did, make Hawk players feel the heat, constant pressure, and you can win.
I reckon that how all bulldogs losses go.

Given all the pumping of Hawks ahead of the game, we should be coming out breathing fire on Friday night typically of us vs them mentality. But as per per recent history, we’ve lost this before the first bounce of the ball

if i were port i wouldnt be playing dixon or marshall, both have been absolutely hopeless all year, Id just keep ER down there as a option to kick long and bring to ground if needed but my main plan would be lower the eyes hit short targets as much as possible, id keep JHF as a forward only because he's the only one who can win them the game and play pure lockdown in the midfield to turn it into a scrap. Maybe port can kick 12 goals with MG and JHF kicking 3 each and deny Hawthorn enough scoring shots to win it.

Personally i hope we get smashed, Hinkley plays dixon and they both die together on the hill they both planted their flag into long ago.

I guess the Pies must be the least accountable team then. ;)

Have you read Ken Hinkley's playbook? :oops:

Mate, the Dogs are the best pressure team in the comp. As if they didn't bring it to a cut throat final.
Dale had a hard tag on Dylan Moore, as an example.
Port will do the same, to be expected in another cut throat final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should be an AFL coach.

You can't do a straight comparison because Ratugolea played a different position until 6 games ago. You need to look at his stats over the last 6 weeks.

If you wanted to look further you could compare career stats by looking at Ratugolea's first 4 seasons at Geelong up until 2021 where he played as a key forward.

There really isn't a statistical case you can make for Ratugolea over Marshall (or Dixon, IMO). It's all about vibes.

Donut's is one brainless coach, but him doing this would be a little bit of a stretch
If this is true Sam Mitchell would be laughing at us
Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 12.53.38 pm.png

Donut's is one brainless coach, but him doing this would be a little bit of a stretch
View attachment 2107544
It doesn't really matter, but I don't understand McEntee retaining his spot before Evans.

I can only assume with those selections Ratagolea is going back. Another really comforting decision, moving players around at this time of year. He should just be dropped.

Our Finals Record in the Hinkley Era (Ranked by Wins, then Flags, then GFs, then Win%):

Port sit:
  • 11th for wins
  • 15th for win % (With one of the teams below us having not played a final, so we're 3rd last of teams that have played)

winslossesflagsgfsWin %
Geel11141244%
Haw1013391%
Rich1063363%
Syd9120343%
GWS980153%
Coll871253%
WC751258%
WB761254%
Bris670146%
Melb551150%
PA580038%
Adel430157%
Freo450144%
NM430057%
Carlton330050%
St K120033%
Ess04000%
GC00000%

Our Finals record since 2015:

Port sit:
  • 15th for most finals wins, given the win% is less than Carlton.
  • 16th for win percentage, with one team not having even played, so effectively 2nd last.
  • Remember this includes 4 top 4 finishes & 1x5th

winslossesflagsgfsWin %
Rich1043371%
Geel10101250%
GWS980153%
Coll861257%
WC751258%
WB761254%
Syd690240%
Bris670146%
Melb551150%
Haw411180%
Adel430157%
Freo220050%
NM220050%
Carlton230040%
PA260025%
St K120033%
Ess03000%
GC0000#DIV/0!

Thanks for compiling these statistics which unequivocally proves the club has been safe guarding & enabling a low life grifter for well over a decade.

View attachment 2107544

You'd assume this means DBJ back forward as well and Sinn to halfback. This is the side we should have gone in with last week.

I'd personally have Evans over McEntee but it's not a huge problem.

I still don't think you can play both of Ratugolea and Dixon in the same forward line unless Rat is told to play more of a lead up role. Too stagnant.

Maybe we might actually try and stretch their tiny defence with our talls and exploit something for a change...

Who am I kidding, as if we would ever try something like that. We will continue to hack the ball forward sky high to Dixon.

Sliding doors moment. Drew doesn't fumble that absolutely beautiful first clearance of the game. He kicks it forward and we mark and slot a goal. Crowd goes crazy with a goal within 30 seconds, team lifts and isn't on the backfoot from the very start. The whole game is different and we aren't playing this week.

Instead it sets the tone of the whole night and we play like scared little boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back