Preview Changes & Preview Round 20 vs Carlton @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton are not going to win by 90 points coming off a 5 day break.

They were the walking wounded in the last quarter of the game today.

I fully expect that there will be a few changes to their team.

Don't expect us to win but it will be much closer than you think.
The hell we can't win.
Blues have several injuries.
Fell across the line against the lowly Roos.
Looked a shadow of their early season form.
We have a longer break as well.

Every chance to win - sadly.
I'd put us a 70% chance for finals now.
Even hearing Hinkley's name makes me want to projectile vomit.
But I have a feeling we won't see the back of him next year.

Carlton losing DeKoning would be a big boost to us.

We will lose, that's absolutely certain, but I suspect we might keep it a bit under the 50 odd points I would've expected otherwise.

Carlton by 49.

After Charlie’s game on the weekend. Voss knows Ken will be all in on Charlie, sets up for Weitering absolutely dominating.

Yesterday’s game was similar to how we played them last time. Cartlon looked flat and North were on. However, Carlton have a couple of extra gears and went up a couple of notches.

If they come out flat it will be closer than the 90 point drubbing people think we will cop. Can’t see that.

Sneaky chance here, though the blues looked like they can score easy on the fast deck, but the ground suits Port aswell. Carlton with a fairly easy run home might not be as desperate as they need to be.

Would bring in a speedy defender, Sinn or Jones or Farrell if they are OK, maybe Marshall for Lord and play him higher up the ground.

Would start Narkle, not sure Evans or DBJ gets a gig this week as I would be picking a team for speed and fast movement out of defense.

I would keep Lord in and use him as the main hit up forward in the goal square, Dixon to decoy Weitering out of the game, with Georgiadies as the main mark up forward. Switch it up depending on who weitering goes towards.

Esava one on one with Curnow.

Port 5 goals down after 10 minutes, Cripps BOG, boos imminent.

Would be good to see Marshall made to earn his place back in the team via the SANFL as other fringe players like Ratugolea and Burton have had to post injury.
If Marshalls fit i'd be getting him straight back in for Lord, Lord not quiet up to it at the minute which is fair enough after his big lay off.

Ratugolea shouldn't hold his place in the team for the Carlton game as on his current form and arguable lack of genuine talent he is every chance of being absolutely destroyed by their forward line, and it's not just the potential of his direct opponent scoring multiple goals either, as his poor positioning, smashing into packs at the wrong time preventing a team mate in a better position from marking the ball plus his continuous other brain fades has had a detrimental effect on the form of the back line as a unit.

Kern has to accept he is a sanfl level player at best and geebung won that trade by plenty, but we know he will struggle to make the right call.

I'm not writing off Lord yet except to say he has been very disappointing, and if Todd Marshall is fit I expect he will replace him.

Looking/Sounding like De Koning is getting rested this week and they will go with Pittonet.

That probably makes midfield match ups a bit easier Sweet running with a traditional Ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After seeing Carlton barely get by norf, I have a bad feeling about this game. We might win and Kenny does a little jig
Of course the year we want teams at full strength, is the one we're getting the best 'luck' of facing undermanned sides in probably a decade. Even with the outs Carlton should still win, but a win for Port would make finals a real possibility and at a minimum ensure in contention right to the end of season. Removing even the small (unrealistic) hope, that things get so tough for Ken, that even Captain Coward (aka Koch) would be forced to act.

Unconvincing, worst of all worlds, narrow win is my guess.

Don't suspect much change this week, due to the 6 day turnaround. Burton for Williams a possibility, given Burton didn't play last qtr SANFL yesterday.
I'm looking forward to the club giving some young ones a run... we need their young legs! We'll get smashed by the Crows if they don't change things up.
I'd like to see Visentini, Jackson, Lorenz and Walsh all push selection by the end of the season. Time for a few of the old boys to move on. Despite their experience & leadership, they are just too slow and it shows.

Out: Lord, williams
In: L.jones, farrell (if fit)

swing ratugolea up forward, hes only at best a good back up backmen. Has more potential up fwd

The AFL cleared him of any concussion

GDOcwJ.gif

Out: Lord, williams
In: L.jones, farrell (if fit)

swing ratugolea up forward, hes only at best a good back up backmen. Has more potential up fwd

No.

Geelong proved he offers as much forward as he does in defence.

He needs to play a season of sanfl football in defence.

Sending him forward just confuses everyone about what he's actually not good at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back