Preview Changes & Preview Round 20 vs Carlton @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FAR OUTTTTTTTT. WE'RE TOO TALL.

CHANGES
- DIXON FOR JAKE NEADE.

- GEORGIADES FOR SAM GRAY.

Do you believe we are the best and expect us to win comfortably?
A coaches job isn't to outwardly portray the opinion of a realist, to create an acceptance of our status. It should be to blindly boost our boys and make them believe they can win everything. This realism, just breeds an acceptance of mediocrity. If he believes we suck and will struggle, say it behind doors to the other coaches, maybe the football manager, but no one else should be hearing it. Ever.

With 2 defenders in, we're definitely playing Ratugolea forward.

Unless one of them is sub. In which case, we'll also have gone from 4 tall forwards to 2 in a fortnight. Seems unlikely.

We're either playing Ratugolea forward (bad) or going back to the 2017-2019 mosquito fleet forward line (worse).
Bit over-stated? Why do we need more that 2 talls up front - DIxon and Georgadis seems enough to me and probably the most sensible set up we have had all year - could argue about the personnel but it is better than the quadrangle of doom of 4 four tall forwards.

Moving Ratugolea forward at this point (with out any practice at it) would be a real hail Mary which would be unlikely to work with a high footy IQ type player so would probably be a disaster with Ratugolea. I can't seem him adapting to a new role in teh team without months/years of training it. Maybe give it a go for 5-10 minutes for shock value or if all else fails but surely that would be the extent of that. I guess he will do the relief rucking as well - which helps get him out of the back line which is a win.

Choco had this weird thing going on where he always wanted to be the underdog. We could have a 20-2 season and he would still say whoever we were playing was the favourite. He had a problem with finals too.

I can't recall Jack Cahill ever talking up the opposition. Or even talking about them really. He was only focused on what Port would do.
Yes. Exactly. We have been too opposition conscious for 20 years. Don't even acknowledge the opposition other than a nod. Let them worry about what we do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dirty ball f50 entries 2019 wce Rd 5 style. Except that it's under the roof and it's dry, and Sam Gray isn't there to save us............

Changes from last game

Soldo/Sweet
McEntee/Narkle
Burton/Logan Evans
Marshall/Rioli

Stronger this time round
Burton and Lorenz not an emergency interesting

Big Sav forward is the go. Only went back at Geelong cause Hawkins/Cameron/Rohan combo. Naturally still plays as a forward, can’t kick for goal worse than Marshall atm. Do it.
Was more the fact that he was just a hopeless forward, he had years to cement his spot up there for us and never did, hope it works for your mob but the strategy baffles me really.

Lord needs to go back to the sanfl and get his hands on the footy. His confidence seems non existent.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was more the fact that he was just a hopeless forward, he had years to cement his spot up there for us and never did, hope it works for your mob but the strategy baffles me really.
Lord's not getting it done at the moment, and Marshall and Finlayson are injured.

If they play Ratugolea forward, he just needs to take a contested mark, kick a goal, and give a chop out to Sweet if needed to be an upgrade.

Changes from last game

Soldo/Sweet
McEntee/Narkle
Burton/Logan Evans
Marshall/Rioli

Stronger this time round
Burton and Lorenz not an emergency interesting

Wasn’t rozee injured last time too?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes. Exactly. We have been too opposition conscious for 20 years. Don't even acknowledge the opposition other than a nod. Let them worry about what we do.
I would take it a step further and forbid anyone mentioning the opposition team by name or player under pain of death.
Instead refer to them as it or that or youse
And I would demand reporters not reference the opposition either or I would walk out on the presser
And I would demand that the commentators talk about Dixon constantly & if he is not in frame they should be asking where he is

I dunno
Carlton’s form has been average
Losing their ruck will hurt a lot, he killed us.
We won’t allow Cripps to run around like an unregistered dog.
We play well at Marvel
Friday night FTA so umpires can’t be too biased.
It could be the making of some sort of run home to the finals, the final Hinkley home and away story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back