Preview Changes & Preview Thread for 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it'll be Burton and Dixon for Marshall and Lorenz.

I like Lorenz, but it's a huge ask to be getting him to play his first games at this time of year. Was actually surprised we didn't roll with Williams as sub personally.
Lorenz has been pretty consistent, he deserves a go, even if it's just as a sub.

Williams I was a big fan of before, but a mixture of the high line and a drop off of form in the SANFL has killed his chances I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sweet just played the best game of his career by a long way. I got a good idea… let’s bring in a second ruck to mess with it.
We played Vissenti and Sweet together against Fremantle . Had it messed Sweet ruck work ? . On contrary , our pressure and ball movement was elite because of younger bodies and better ruck support to Sweet .

We played Vissenti and Sweet together against Fremantle . Had it messed Sweet ruck work ? . On contrary , our pressure and ball movement was elite because of younger bodies and better ruck support to Sweet .
I’m with you on this. Sweet played his best game for us against Fremantle, his first really big game for us, and I put it down to Visentini playing.

Dixon moved and played well against McCartin on the bigger AO in round 21, with Francis taking Ratugolea and Blakey on Georgiades. They didn’t have Melican or Rampe in defence, and no Papley, Amartey, McInnerny or Campbell either. Parker was also sub and came on and gave them a little bit when the game was over. Mills obviously played. Drew started on Warner.

Obviously this will be completely different for lots of reasons. They’re at home, back in form, with a third of their best team back in and will in no way be blindsided by our tactics. We’re seemingly more banged up, with at least two guns down (Farrell and Houston).

Honestly don’t know what to do about playing Dixon, Lord, Visentini or Burton to partner Georgiades and Ratugolea forward. The role we need filled is someone who can contest between the arcs, provide an outlet marking target and drag a tall opponent with him away from Rioli and MG. Preferably someone who can cover ground reasonably well. Such a shame that between Marshall, Dixon and Lord, none is ripe for such an occasion.

Now I've seen the fixture and seen we are actually in the preliminary I am very nervous going to be an interesting week

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes & Preview Thread for 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back