Preview Changes & Preview Thread for 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Selection:

Marshall already ruled out with concussion.
F.Evans the most vulnerable of those that played. Sinn probably next, though I thought he played a very good game Friday.

Dixon (virus), Burton (tightness) both available.
Farrell rumoured to be racing to be fit in time.

Multiple considerations: do you leave Burgoyne at half back? If so, who takes his wing? Do you replace Marshall with a tall or small or something in between like Burton? If tall, Dixon, Lord, Visentini or Soldo? Do you leave Ratugolea forward or back? Does Ratugolea play second ruck or does Dixon (or Visentini/Soldo) come in to do that? What level of risk do you take with Farrell? Do you just pit our midfield against theirs or are there special jobs for someone on Henry, Warner, Gulden. Who takes Papley?

Likely changes are: In- Dixon, Burton, Farrell (Burton or Narkle sub). Out- F.Evans, Marshall, Lorenz
Frank the Tank will not be dropped, he was outstanding negating Sicily so much so he was moved forward in the last qtr.

I wonder what job Frank will get next week, maybe Blakey.

Frank the Tank will not be dropped, he was outstanding negating Sicily so much so he was moved forward in the last qtr.

I wonder what job Frank will get next week, maybe Blakey.
Thought he went forward as they needed to win?

Don't let a serial gaslighter here trigger you.
When's that Dan Andrews arrest for corruption going to go down Ricky? Can't be too far away now.

When's that Dan Andrews arrest for corruption going to go down Ricky? Can't be too far away now.
Every rumour becomes fact doesn’t it. Just shared what I was told. I wouldn’t say he’s been the moral arbiter of politics has he!

For those suggesting Dixon, are you also suggesting him for the GF at the bigger G, if we make it there? Or just play him this week and drop him next week if we make it? Makes no sense to me. We need to win two games. He certainly can’t play in the second one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those suggesting Dixon, are you also suggesting him for the GF at the bigger G, if we make it there? Or just play him this week and drop him next week if we make it? Makes no sense to me. We need to win two games. He certainly can’t play in the second one.
Todd Marshall is done for the year (at least), Lord has struggled to impact at SANFL level and Visentini was worst on ground in his only game as a forward this year.

He is the only option of a list of very bad options.

The alternative is that we go small and play Burton as a third tall.

I will be in Melbourne at the opera when the game is being played. Booked this girls trip after the Brisbane loss. Guess I can commiserate the loss at the champagne bar stop afterwards.
Hope you have a great time. I'm no aficionado, but I do love a lot of the operas.

I reckon we're a decent chance against the swans this week. And if so, normal soiling of the bed will resume in the granny.
Felt like we should beat Geelong, got pumped.
Felt like we should lose to Hawthorn, should've won comfortably.

To be honest, feels like there's no point in having any confidence in this side or trying to guess what they'll produce.

Just gonna have to hop on for the ride.

To be honest, feels like there's no point in having any confidence in this side or trying to guess what they'll produce.

Well you can guarantee that you will be ahead at quarter time. Sydney don't turn up for those.

Well you can guarantee that you will be ahead at quarter time. Sydney don't turn up for those.
Sydney have a habit of only playing 3 quarters… But a 6 goal deficit doesn’t concern them.

Scoreboard pressure and stopping the momentum swings is key for Port.

Sydney have a habit of only playing 3 quarters… But a 6 goal deficit doesn’t concern them.

Best we get a 12 goal one before they wake up then

We have a habit of not capitalising when another team doesn't turn up for a quarter

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ratugolea was huge last night, what on earth are you talking about. He played such an important role and dominated. He took some crucial marks, his follow up work was insane and created multiple goals. He was very very good.
I concur!!!! Also takes a big body to him

Just don't even think about it this week. Any confidence or hope building inside of you, cast aside by remembering the Geelong final. This team only delivers when everyone writes it off and rubbishes its chances. Now is absolutely the time for us supporters to do our bit and turn on the coach and the players, to elicit a hardened response from them. If they get praised this week, they'll come out on Friday in a slumber again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes & Preview Thread for 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back