Preview Changes & Preview Thread for 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

If he is fit Dixon will replace Todd. I dont think we have a viable replacement. Plus he is a good second ruck. Better than Wines in the ruck. We have to hope our 'baby' defence stands up again and the midfield are switched on. We can win this, no doubt. Worry about who we play next week. I think the Lions will be too strong for Geelong but stranger things have happened this year.
is he fit though?.. the club cant be trusted. he moved like his body is finally ready to give up yet the club says he had a virus.. then he plays and then the next week the virus is back

like farrell they need to give him a physical test to see if hes up to it

if he cant get through then dont pick him.

Could we bring in Visentini, and have Sweet rest forward sometimes? Getting a goal out of both of them would be handy

This would be my choice. and Farrell in for F Evans if he is fit. Visentini did a pretty decent job in the Freo game. i would take him over lord and dixon any day.
Any chance that Dixon was always going to be out for Marshall but they picked him and pretended he was in until his last minute

Yep. they were never going to play 4 talls. that was all funny buggers/

is he fit though?.. the club cant be trusted. he moved like his body is finally ready to give up yet the club says he had a virus.. then he plays and then the next week the virus is back

like farrell they need to give him a physical test to see if hes up to it

if he cant get through then dont pick him.
I'm hoping we play Esava to prevent intercept marks, Georgiades for leads, Rioli for class, DBJ for goals and def and then pull 2 Toby Thurstans out of our arse, perhaps Lorenz and Tommy A-Z, should be fun seeing who the EMG are.

But yeh we will pick 2 defensive small forwards.
And Ken doesn't want Dixon calling him every day for the next 20 years saying "you should have picked me".

Port are the only team remaining who haven't played in a grand final in the last 2 years. Sydney, Geelong and Brisbane have all made it.

Geelong are the only ones to have won the premiership.

Port have played in 1 more prelim than Sydney in the last few years, losing both while Sydney won their only appearance.

Geelong and Brisbane have been about the mark for the last few years consistently aswell with 3 preliminary finals each since 2020, Geelong being 2 and 1 loss in that time, Brisbane 1 and 2 losses.

Dixon just can't run he will be a liability on the smaller ground.
Trust Visentini to help Sweet.
Don't risk using Farrell or Burton
Can you imagine bringing in Dixon,Burton and Farrell
1 or 2 of them break down Dixon only has 3 touches
Wait
Shit this is what Hinkley would do
Isnt that a bit of an oxymoron?

Port Adelaide vice-captain Zak Butters has been picking the brain of rival midfield star Lachie Neale as he prepares for a battle with Sydney tagger James Jordon on Friday.
Butters said the dual Brownlow medallist had been a helpful source of advice for dealing with opposition attention this season after being tagged almost weekly for Brisbane.
The Power midfielder did not receive a hard tag in the semi-final win over Hawthorn as he fought for 17 disposals and five clearances while battling sore ribs. He said he would be prepared for a match-up with Jordon this time after he was allowed to rack up 30 possessions in Port’s 112-point round 21 demolition of the Swans. “They’ve looked at doing that at stages this year with James Jordon … he’s a pretty hard player to play against, whether he comes to me or Hornet or Connor, I feel like there’s a few in there who he could go to at different stages,” Butters said.

Could we have Rozee play Marshall CHF roll and bring in an extra Midfielder? Ducking for cover I can’t believe I am saying this, but bring in Jed McIntee to run with Chad Warner?

Kane Cornes, Kane Farrell, everybody is welcome on this train

Port Adelaide vice-captain Zak Butters has been picking the brain of rival midfield star Lachie Neale as he prepares for a battle with Sydney tagger James Jordon on Friday.
Butters said the dual Brownlow medallist had been a helpful source of advice for dealing with opposition attention this season after being tagged almost weekly for Brisbane.
The Power midfielder did not receive a hard tag in the semi-final win over Hawthorn as he fought for 17 disposals and five clearances while battling sore ribs. He said he would be prepared for a match-up with Jordon this time after he was allowed to rack up 30 possessions in Port’s 112-point round 21 demolition of the Swans. “They’ve looked at doing that at stages this year with James Jordon … he’s a pretty hard player to play against, whether he comes to me or Hornet or Connor, I feel like there’s a few in there who he could go to at different stages,” Butters said.

I like how our young players are taking the initiative in bettering themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mcentee might be the slowest footballer on our list.. Warner would end up with 40 touches and probably 40 bounces
That’s an outrageous hypobole, Dyl Williams. One thing McIntee HAS is good pace, may not look it running forward but is a quick runner on the training track.

Burton was good against Freo and Geelong.

I'm not as down on him.

My feeling is that Mead is our weak link but unsure if giving up a midfield slot is the right choice.

Regardless pick between Burton, Narkle and Evans as sub.
Mead has had a few average games lately, but unfortunately there is no obvious replacement. Hopefully he steps up on Friday

Any chance that Dixon was always going to be out for Marshall but they picked him and pretended he was in until his last minute fitness test for illness? The whole thing seems a bit suss. Not that i care, i don't mind us playing a bit of Chris Scott type mind games for once, no different for them with Stewart who was probably never playing either.

I guess the question I've got is if it was due to sickness that Dixon was out, i find the fitness test a bit strange and think that maybe he should've been staying away from everyone.

Didn't they say he was sick before the freo game too?
I heard Dixon was out at 11am game day and posted in the game day thread.
Also heard they were calling up Wiiliams so only half right.

Could we have Rozee play Marshall CHF roll and bring in an extra Midfielder? Ducking for cover I can’t believe I am saying this, but bring in Jed McIntee to run with Chad Warner?
If Jed plays, he needs to replicate his role on Tom Stewart?
Who’s the closest fit? Rampe? Lloyd?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes & Preview Thread for 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back