Preview Changes & Preview Thread for 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I was listening to the radio in my sleep - ABC News radio, and they had a Zack interview on and I’m sure he basically said that Kane would be in the side.

A big game for the club.

Hinkley officially overtakes Choco for most games coached for Port Adelaide in the AFL.

If Dixon and Burton come in, it makes it much more difficult to win.

I wouldn't risk Burton's calf in a prelim. There comes a time when you have to back the players who are fit and healthy and already in the team.

A big game for the club.

Hinkley officially overtakes Choco for most games coached for Port Adelaide in the AFL.

If Dixon and Burton come in, it makes it much more difficult to win.
Don't want either. Imo, both won't be able to play at the intensity required for 4 qtrs to win this game. It's too big a risk. Go with youth, there's a bigger upside.

My mum has been battling endo cancer this year (thankfully she’ll have a full recovery) and we just had to put our family dog down last night of 13 years. Safe to say it’s been a pretty crappy year. So please Port, please just win Friday. Need some good news.
Sorry to hear, that's a very challenging year for you. Wishing you & family better times into the future.

My mum has been battling endo cancer this year (thankfully she’ll have a full recovery) and we just had to put our family dog down last night of 13 years. Safe to say it’s been a pretty crappy year. So please Port, please just win Friday. Need some good news.
My grandmother who I lived with and was quite close with passed suddenly a few months back so I feel you. Got a lot of stuff in the basement to release. While we should rely on ourselves to dictate our own happiness, it feels that much better when you're rewarded from something you're super passionate about. It really does make life that much sweeter, and the sweet ain't as sweet without the sour.

Let's ****ing do this Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is how we played for 6-8 weeks leading up to the flop against Geelong. Bring this sort of pressure again and who knows what could happen?

This is how we played for 6-8 weeks leading up to the flop against Geelong. Bring this sort of pressure again and who knows what could happen?

Bring that pressure for 2 more matches and we win the flag. Simple.

The only lingering question with us, is are we mentally tough? We will know in the first 10 minutes of Friday nights game.

Bring that pressure for 2 more matches and we win the flag. Simple.

The only lingering question with us, is are we mentally tough? We will know in the first 10 minutes of Friday nights game.
Pressure success is correlated with structures.

Get our structure right, pressure will come

Does having the highest average speed in attack recorded in the Hawthorn game make him so so slow?

Because that is what F Evans did.

Evans, 9.6 km/hr

Interestingly, Lorenz is next at 9.2, followed by Narkle and Mead.

Then comes Maginness from Hawthorn.

Maginnesd also covered the most distance in the game, and was second highest in total sprints. Mmmmm.

Sorry wrong Evans lol

You've got to be careful though because 2 to the contest is also what killed us against Geelong.

If Sydney get that first handball off quick enough we could be in trouble.

Biggest threat with the Toilet Ducks is the onfield protection they get from the umpires and the decisions being swayed by the SCG crowd. Plus the AFL's desire to ensure their ' love child ' continues to contest Grand Finals and eat into the rugby league dominance in NSW as well as keeping the highly paid TV network execs based up there happy and willing to part with more coin to continue the exclusive broadcast deals.

On field, they are a pack of softcocks and always have been. Heeney, Gulden, Warner and The Smear are all flashy, showboating flogs who look great out in the open but can't hack physical pressure. A few whacks within the rules and solid tackles early will sort them out. Parker gobs off, makes gestures and acts tough but loves to stage for frees and in reality is as weak as piss when faced with hard physical pressure. Rampe and so on in defence rely on scragging tactics to nullify key forwards and are protected doing it. The easy way to snuff this out is have the forwards like Georgiades get out in space on leads and inch perfect delivery.

There's no reason Port can't snuff them out early if they bring that same intensity as last week and tidy up disposal and forward entry.
Their whole club is a stain on the AFL that should have been jettisoned to the VFA in 1981 and replaced by Port Melbourne, rather than transplanted to Sydney.

It's a no win situation for them anyway - even if they do get past Port, they know who will be waiting for them in the big dance, and a repeat of 2022 will squash their ill deserved hype.

Ryan burton was in our top 3 players for 3 weeks prior to injury?????

Sounds like Dixon and Burton are definite ins, barring injury.
What, at the magpies?

Glad to hear your mum will be OK. Hope things start looking a lot brighter for you now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes & Preview Thread for 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back