Preview Changes & Preview Thread for 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

My mum has been battling endo cancer this year (thankfully she’ll have a full recovery) and we just had to put our family dog down last night of 13 years. Safe to say it’s been a pretty crappy year. So please Port, please just win Friday. Need some good news.
Sending love, hopefully a Prelim victory for your struggles this year. Putting a loved pet down is the hardest thing to do. Newtons laws, every action has an equal or opposite reaction. If we win I will call you Jesus, suffering for our sins and all ;)

Relaxed Hinkley after our ******* Prez told him his job was safe next year. Another Job Done making a Prelim. We exists to keep Hinkley in a job.

I will need to check the presser, but i liked Ken's presser last week where he looked on edge, that to me showed he was up for the fight and that he would have the players all revved up ready to go. I couldn't believe the negativity that got.

Smiley relaxed Ken worries me though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does having the highest average speed in attack recorded in the Hawthorn game make him so so slow?

Because that is what F Evans did.

Evans, 9.6 km/hr

Interestingly, Lorenz is next at 9.2, followed by Narkle and Mead.

Then comes Maginness from Hawthorn.

Maginnesd also covered the most distance in the game, and was second highest in total sprints. Mmmmm.
I also think he's slow to react. Don't get that stat at all.

The presser wasn't even that bad.

The only part that I didn't like was when he said Burton was a top 3 player from his past few games. Considering that one of those was an 84 point belting that means absolutely nothing.
That said he would make a good substitute.

Ryan burton was in our top 3 players for 3 weeks prior to injury?????

Sounds like Dixon and Burton are definite ins, barring injury.

Did a role forward against Adelaide, so not sure about that game. But the next two weeks against Freo and Geelong when he went back to fill Houston's spot, definitely.

There were a couple of interesting questions at the presser.

Rucii asked Hinkley about how he is going to get over the hump of the prelim considering his history of losing them and Ken responded with a little bit of luck.

Not the best response.

Hinkley was also asked if he was a better coach from those prelim loses and once again, Kenny's reply was not the best.

He said he would like to think that every coach gets better over time which doesn't directly answer the question and means he doesn't believe in his coaching ability.

Why is Kens terminology/messaging always make it feel like failure is a possibility.

'Reality is its a prelim final, a little bit of luck is what you need, they're always tough, tight games that go the wire.'

Idk if PFs are always luck based, why set it up like its the 50/50 luck based outcome of a Showdown?

They haven't beaten us for 8 years and we beat them by 100+ the last time we met. We should have a superior psychological advantage but Ken wants to frame it like its Mt Everest.

There were a couple of interesting questions at the presser.

Rucii asked Hinkley about how he is going to get over the hump of the prelim considering his history of losing them and Ken responded with a little bit of luck.

Not the best response.

Hinkley was also asked if he was a better coach from those prelim loses and once again, Kenny's reply was not the best.

He said he would like to think that every coach gets better over time which doesn't directly answer the question and means he doesn't believe in his coaching ability.
He said that small moments become big moments and I think that was what he was supporting with his statement about luck.

Whether that's Duursma dropping a mark, Burton getting injured early, the Lambert goal, or if you want to go back to the Andrew Moore shot and Brad Ebert play on in 2014.

Of course small moments meant FA in the 21 prelim mauling.

I'd like to think that's because we have some strategies and sound tactics that he doesn't want to give away.

But I know better after 12 year. He'll think we won by 112 points last time, so won't change a thing if things start poorly.

He said that small moments become big moments and I think that was what he was supporting with his statement about luck.

Whether that's Duursma dropping a mark, Burton getting injured early, the Lambert goal, or if you want to go back to the Andrew Moore shot and Brad Ebert play on in 2014.

Of course small moments meant FA in the 21 prelim mauling.
I thought he was decent in the presser but when answering that question, I would prefer a coach be invested in his processes, structures, tactics, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes & Preview Thread for 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back