Preview Changes & Preview Thread for QF2, 2024 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd consider playing rozee in defence and bringing in Narkle for faz, giving him more time on the wing or in the middle and playing Boak more inside too. Then we could bring in Marshall for McEntee and rat could almost do the defensive job on Stewart. His biggest value is bringing the ball to ground and creating a contest.

If not, I'd bring in Sinn for faz and Narkle for McEntee, probably making Narkle sub. We can't play McEntee because we need forwards that can actually get their hands on it, especially with rat up there. DBJ could do the job on Stewart too

He comes in for Ratugolea.

Dixon for Vis.
Narkle for McEntee
Sinn for Farrell

We could also see Ratugolea go back into defence given the size of Geelong's forwards.
Correction: He sits at home and hopes that another team out there will offer a trade for him!

Vanilla man simply at PAFC material

There are three clubs in the 8 I feel a degree of confidence against. This is one of them. No Selwood heroics any more. I still don't quite believe they are in the mix of the top clubs until I see them do it in a final.

If you look at their final 5 games (in reverse order) heading in to September it doesn't show anything overly impressive as they've played 10th, 12th, 15th, 16th and 17th:
West Coast win
St Kilda loss
Fremantle win
Adelaide win (only just)
Norf win

I know you can only play who is in front of you but its been over a month since they've faced a contender.

This game should not be taken lightly and we should be focused 100% on preparing for them as a serious opposition, which has probably been Hinkley's biggest weakness for years. But at the end of the day this is an absolute must win game. No excuses.

DBJ doing well in the backlines and the Stewart match up means the Jedheads will ride again for sure.

Visentini for Dixon is easy.
Narkle deserves his spot back.

What happens with Marshall?
Can he beat Stewart for a 3rd time in a row? Im not so sure.

In a massive pressure finale there is no way I’m picking Marshall.. Dixon and narkle in..

There are three clubs in the 8 I feel a degree of confidence against. This is one of them. No Selwood heroics any more. I still don't quite believe they are in the mix of the top clubs until I see them do it in a final.

If you look at their final 5 games (in reverse order) heading in to September it doesn't show anything overly impressive as they've played 10th, 12th, 15th, 16th and 17th:
West Coast win
St Kilda loss
Fremantle win
Adelaide win (only just)
Norf win

I know you can only play who is in front of you but its been over a month since they've faced a contender.

This game should not be taken lightly and we should be focused 100% on preparing for them as a serious opposition, which has probably been Hinkley's biggest weakness for years. But at the end of the day this is an absolute must win game. No excuses.
We should beat them and will start massive favourites (which isn’t necessarily a good thing for this group) but Scott is such a good coach I’m worried especially if Cameron or Stengel get off the chain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should beat them and will start massive favourites (which isn’t necessarily a good thing for this group) but Scott is such a good coach I’m worried especially if Cameron or Stengel get off the chain.
Yeah, that's what I'm concerned about as well.

I think we have legitimate options for Cameron. I mean even Bergman could go to him but Stengle could be more difficult to match up on.

McEntee: 5 possessions, 1 goal in a full game = flirting

Narkle: 5 possessions, 1 goal in half a quarter as a sub = harassment
McEntee has 7 and a goal, but given the goal was from a reversal free at the top of the square, he realistically only generated himself 6 touches for zero score. He had 5 tackles across the game.

Evans in only a half, won a heap more hard balls, and kicked 1 from 5 touches, plus had 5 tackles as well.

God no.. please no.. we have seen this before.. he will get slaughtered..
Swinging back for a half against a low scoring Fremantle and playing there for an entire finals series are not the same thing. DBJ was moved out of the backline because he can’t defend when the ball is in the air.

McEntee has 7 and a goal, but given the goal was from a reversal free at the top of the square, he realistically only generated himself 6 touches for zero score. He had 5 tackles across the game.

Evans in only a half, won a heap more hard balls, and kicked 1 from 5 touches, plus had 5 tackles as well.
And McEntee had 4 disposals in the 1st qtr. Averaged one disposal per qtr after the 1st

Can't see it being anything other than Dixon for Visentini and Sinn for Farrell.

Incidentally, Sinn played pretty well against Geelong earlier in the season so we should be confident he can step up.
Narkle should come in as sub too. Clearly our best option for that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back