Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 22, 2024 vs Melbourne @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dees are one of 5 teams that in the same season, we have never beaten away before/after losing to them at home. The others are the pies, suns, giants and saints.
Wrong. We have an away win, home loss in a single season.
R21
H​
Melbourne
1.2 2.4 6.5 8.6​
54​
4.3 8.5 9.9 13.16​
94​
L​
-40​
19-0-12​
Adelaide Oval​
33426​
Sat 13-Aug-2016 7:10 PM​
R10
A​
Melbourne
2.4 8.6 12.11 18.13​
121​
2.7 4.9 9.12 10.16​
76​
W​
45​
19-0-11​
Traeger Park​
5146​
Sat 28-May-2016 1:40 PM​

We've never turned around a home loss with an away win.
And with that, we've only played the Demons Home-then-away on two occasions. And on the first occasion we won the home game.

Win this week and its time to just enjoy the ride.

A flag now could put us back years but even if we make all the changes we want there are no guarantees.

You have to take them when they are there for the taking, and this year is like no other.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I am in the sack Hinkley camp but I have called a truce for now, flag is up for grabs and I will back everyone in

Like last time, probably the only thing preventing us from winning is our goal accuracy. Based on their form that should be the only way Melbourne can win it.

But this is Hinkley's Port, and we could threaten the greatest points turnaround in history (whatever that is)

we score 100 points on average at home

72 points on average away

danger game this one is

melborune have won the last 8 at the G whilst being underdogs.

Whilst I want Hinkley gone and all the supporters that say this isn’t the SANFL anymore, I would be more than happy for Hinkley to win one and hold up his tie and say you were wrong! If he won, I’d hope he retires at the top. If he doesn’t make it, I hope he resigns with dignity.

Absolutely. Nobody will be happier than me if we have HandyAndy, Willsy et al rubbing it in our faces that Hinkley has won a flag with us.

But we might have already won one if we sacked him in 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve always been a big fan of hot Toddy but you’d be hard pressed to change that lineup.
Surely you reward that effort by going in unchanged
It’s a tough one. He is in our best team. Not many games yet to work out where and how he fits in or get him into form and up to pace.

Equally he doesn’t deserve a spot right now and hard to cut someone after that game.

I'd play Marshall in the twos with the view of bringing him in for the showdown if he plays well. Chuck might need a rest by then and the Irishman owns him

I have been an avid Marshall supporter, I think he does a lot of things that go unnoticed and he does have a point of difference as a skilled lead up traditional full forward rather than a clunker.

But in my opinion he's competing with Georgiadis, not Rat or Dixon. Lord is the replacement for those two. Of course this would depend on conditions, the oppo, form et al

He is very clearly behind Mitch on the depth chart - so it's SANFL until needed.

It would be so Ken Hinkley to **** with a structure that is working well though. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see some other decision made like bringing Marshall in, sending Rat back and dropping BZT or something dumb like that

I have been an avid Marshall supporter, I think he does a lot of things that go unnoticed and he does have a point of difference as a skilled lead up traditional full forward rather than a clunker.

But in my opinion he's competing with Georgiadis, not Rat or Dixon. Lord is the replacement for those two. Of course this would depend on conditions, the oppo, form et al

He is very clearly behind Mitch on the depth chart - so it's SANFL until needed.

It would be so Ken Hinkley to **** with a structure that is working well though. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see some other decision made like bringing Marshall in, sending Rat back and dropping BZT or something dumb like that

Ken will feel he owes it to Marshall unless Carr says no!

Absolutely. Nobody will be happier than me if we have HandyAndy, Willsy et al rubbing it in our faces that Hinkley has won a flag with us.

But we might have already won one if we sacked him in 2017.
Lol, so preferring and getting enjoyment from wins as opposed to losses and not drowning in negativity 24/7 equates to being a Hinkley fanboy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back