Preview Changes: R16 vs Brisbane Bullets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he hasn't. Fogarty has never played four games in a row at AFL level without kicking a single goal.

Frampton has had two games this year alone where he's had 5 disposals and 1 behind. Something Fogarty has never done in his career.

He was drafted in 2014! And yet seven years later he's having 5 disposal games with zero scoreboard impact. Fogarty would be absolutely crucified on here for that and he's a younger player. In fact Fogarty is being crucified on here for doing more than Frampton has ever done.

People also seem to forget that the Club refused to play Fogarty until the last 4 games of the 2019 season. That season was basically a waste in terms of AFL development.

People also seem to forget that the Club refused to play Fogarty until the last 4 games of the 2019 season. That season was basically a waste in terms of AFL development.

Was that the season Pyke played Fogarty in defense?

You're fixated on his 2 goals. Please fixate on this --- he had zero possessions in the last 3 quarters :oops: . How that's even possible is beyond me, unless you factor in laziness and lack of effort (although he put some effort into bumping Weitering in the back :grin:, even if he pulled up). In those 3 quarters when Fog was on the field the Crows effectively had 17 players.
+

Exactly!
mattymac, if he did that every game ( 2 goals, sfa next 3 quarters) he'd have 44 goals but be useless for 66 quarters.
It's not enough.
Somebody said they'd hate to see him delisted then kicking 60 goals/year for another side (maybe with a better midfield?), but I've lost patience with him.
Too talented and strong for SANFL. Too lazy and poor application for AFL.

Being real, Fog isn't even too talented or too strong in the SANFL. He has been average down there with some small glimpses that he's got some AFL tools, but it's pretty much same shit, different league.

His game is an absolute mess, and that's not withstanding that he seriously lacks any genuine competitiveness/desire. Man child going to man child.

I dislike dropping him for Frampton on the principle of a player with a minute chance of making it is better than no chance of. That said, i really can't argue with the club if they saw Fog as a stop gap and not someone with a genuine long term future here.

Last edited:
If I heard Nicks correctly, Sloane has opted to not have surgery now, which would restore his hand to near 100% strength, but put it off to the end of the year, when surgery will only restore his hand to about 60-70%.

All because he wants to keep playing with the group to help develop them.

Pretty selfless of him?

1) Plenty of love/excitement for Pedlar in here; majority of posts.
2) I'm one of them. Frampton has proved conclusivley he is one of those players who is good at AFL level and crap at AFL. It's a mystery, but it's true. He ain't no "kid" any more either; he's 24 and this is his 7th Season!
3) Agree; Fog has been poor. "Best performing big man" (Frampton) in a very mediocre SANFL side is no recommendation. Is he a force, driving them into the Top 5? No.
4) Ditto, McAdam, who needs an attitude transplant --- imagine if the Fog and McAdam had Keays' enthusiasm and 100% never-stop effort!

Ok, I am going to assess this post as you have:
1) I did not write my post in bullet/numbering points, so not sure why you quoted it as such
2) At the time I read this thread, the vibe of the thread was nowhere near 'excitement' as I would have thought as most posters have been calling for Luke's inclusion and the opportunity to take a look at our latest recruit.
3) My comment may have been misconstrued as I don't see Billy as a 'kid', but I can see how that coule have been interpreted. In saying that, my point was more so with regards to the whinging of Billy being selected, however I thought the 'vibe' would have focused more on debuting another 1st round draftee.
4) I haven't looked at the stats, but I would propose that big bad Billy has been up there as the best performed big forwards in the comp. What sort of message does it send to him when he is told to go back to the SANFL and dominate, and then he does, and then not select him when the guy in front is struggling to impact the game. Also, Billy can ruck, change our structure and leave RT to stay home as a forward.
5) re McAdam - he's been my biggest disappointment this year to be honest,

So Fog’s been dropped for not competing enough and bringing the ball to ground so we can lock it in.

He’s not tall but he’s solid and strong - hmm big bloke unwilling to crash a pack…think he’s caught a dose of the JJ’s…

If I heard Nicks correctly, Sloane has opted to not have surgery now, which would restore his hand to near 100% strength, but put it off to the end of the year, when surgery will only restore his hand to about 60-70%.

All because he wants to keep playing with the group to help develop them.

Pretty selfless of him?
I mean that would be his intention, but will his physical limitations allow him to play his best ??

I'd have told him to have the surgery

I mean that would be his intention, but will his physical limitations allow him to play his best ??

I'd have told him to have the surgery

Yeah - Nicks kept saying it was Sloane’s decision. But it’s about (I think) strength in his hand. I guess we’ll find out this weekend, but sounds like another Lynch’s ankle - it’s fine to play with it until it’s not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah - Nicks kept saying it was Sloane’s decision. But it’s about (I think) strength in his hand. I guess we’ll find out this weekend, but sounds like another Lynch’s ankle - it’s fine to play with it until it’s not
I've done a similar injury, it's all good until the ball hits flush on the end of the finger.

They gave him the no 10 because like Chris McDermott he’s from Glenelg and a hard nut.

Chris’s nickname is Bone - as in hard as.

Maybe something similar rather than Ped-related

My favourite nickname was always Mark Viska, known for flattening people - Death😄

Viska was my favourite player in the early 90s. That game against Sydney when we were down to 17 men and Viska hobbled back on with a fractured ankle, stood in the goal square and kicked 2 last quarter goals will stay with me. They talk about "tough guys of the AFL" and most of them were dead set snipers, Viska was tough, probably hammered nails into wood with his bare fist

Problem is, he can't be 100%. I played a regular game of cricket with a cracked R little finger (done on the Thursday of training; bungled a catch), top joint, bowling hand. Strapped to fourth finger. Stoopidly, I fielded at usual fine leg (dropped an easy catch) and bowled, too but bowling was sh1te and hurt like hell. Not good for the team.
If Sloane had surgery now, he'd get in a full pre-season and come back strong, and Schoenberg would get more time in the middle. Win-win.

But that's simply not our club. Senior players hold onto their spot in the team for dear life. Team doesn't matter, it's about self. Has been this way for too many years.

I'd like to see a fit, fresh Sloane front up next year and play a majority of his time on a HFF, rotating through the midfield as a momentum-stopper when needed. He can take a mark, can hustle/crumb, and is a decent kick. Would have to be better than Rowe or McAdam.

you won't see that, like Thommo, he's a starting midfielder and that status isn't subject to change. Unless Sloane forces the club's hand to go one year longer than we want and then he might end up in the 2s as Thommo did. It's a shit culture down there,

So we’re doing a balancing act between blooding youth and establishing a winning culture. Dropping those who need to do more and giving a run to most of the newbies.

No doubt we’re also seeing who to axe at the end of the year. Billy’s turn to impress - possibly his last.

Can’t believe how far Berg has fallen since late last year, he was looking like he had something

have we dropped a senior player? There's no balancing act, every senior has a gold pass regardless of form. The only exception is a tune up or 2 in the SANFL after a layoff. Even then, we saw Brown rushed back despite clearly not being ready. The only balancing is stuffing as many seniors into the 1s as possible.

It was a smart decision. All the discussion had been about a 4 day lockdown. Government agencies had been told to prepare for it. It was 100% happening (until it didn't, which seems like a last minute change).
The normal expectations in this situation would have been the 4 day lockdown then possibly being extended in to a longer one. AFL got in ahead of this to ensure the clubs were ok just in case.

As it is, we probably fly back tomorrow and prepare as normal (well as normal as possible).
Didn’t they get on the plane after it was announced there was no lockdown? That is dumb...

It is when there is a mountain of evidence to suggest that Frampton has never been able to replicate his SANFL form at AFL level.

How many times do we keep needing to replay the same thing over and over again before we get it? It's a learned lesson. He's seven years into his career and it has never once been different.

If you want to drop a player don't bring in a guy that has proven to not be up to it. Play Gollant or someone like that.

And while we're at it, how about we drop some of those "players in poor form" who have played more than 50 games?

You know that senior players aren't subject to being dropped. If not drunk, I'll be watching whether Thilthorpe rucks at all. I reckon they're concerned that he's just about out on his feet and have brought in the second ruck so he doesn't have as much on his plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back