Preview Changes R18 v Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The board is becoming increasingly difficult to follow with the number of ‘ignores’ I’ve been finding necessary.

What is one to do? The level of nuffiness on the board has been very high recently. Trolls? Some of these opinions don’t make sense otherwise.

The board is becoming increasingly difficult to follow with the number of ‘ignores’ I’ve been finding necessary.

What is one to do? The level of nuffiness on the board has been very high recently. Trolls? Some of these opinions don’t make sense otherwise.
And we can't even retreat to the safety of the RDT anymore :(

Cole has been really important for our backline with his pace and pressure acts. Not sure whether people are just flat-out trolling at this point.

Waterman has been really important as a lead-up-the-ground option for us to keep a good forward structure. For someone (A certain hungry poster who will remain nameless) to argue that dropping him will actually help our forward structure, is just flat out wrong and is watching the wrong game.
I know Im new here, but when someone is obviously wrong, sorry mate, you're getting called out

Our somewhat unexpected success so far has definitely increased the crazies. I too am deliberating some new additions to my ignore list but it does impede on flow of conversation.

Can't help but wonder if Freos season is going so poorly they've turned to trolling on our board for a kick.

We need to be treating this game with respect. Essendon capitulation and last quarter against the Saints are still fresh in my mind...
Yep all this bad news, sadness feels like distractions.

Lucky its on Sunday arvo. Time to get on with it

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cole has been really important for our backline with his pace and pressure acts. Not sure whether people are just flat-out trolling at this point.

Waterman has been really important as a lead-up-the-ground option for us to keep a good forward structure. For someone (A certain hungry poster who will remain nameless) to argue that dropping him will actually help our forward structure, is just flat out wrong and is watching the wrong game.
I know Im new here, but when someone is obviously wrong, sorry mate, you're getting called out
Both players are key to our future and need to keep playing. Cole's defensive efforts are awesome (forming quite the duo with Duggan), and his ability to run in straight lines will give us another outlet out of defence as he matures. Waterman works so hard and is deceptively agile. If he'd nailed a couple of goals I would have had that as comfortably his best game for us (considering the opposition, venue and his output over 4 quarters).

I'm torn, ideally I'd like to keep the same structure and have Vardy back up Lycett the way Lycett backed up NicNat. I think that's best for continuity and also for Lycett's longevity, he's suddenly vitally important and we don't want to overload him.

But if we were ever to experiment going with a solo ruck the way 90% of other teams are doing it this would be the week to do it, against a team with a relatively weak ruck division on a wet day.

So, Out: Naitanui (general unfairness of life and our existence)
In: Ah Chee

B: Sheppard, Schofield, Hurn
HB: Jetta, McGovern, Duggan
C: Gaff, Shuey, Masten
HF: Cripps, Darling, Waterman
F: LeCras, Kennedy, Rioli
R: Lycett, Yeo, Redden
I: Cole, Hutchings, Venables, Ah Chee
E: Vardy, Sheed, Nelson, Partington (held over)

Ah Chee to give Lycett a chop-out in the ruck, since he's been doing a little bit of it in the WAFL. I know it's unfair to ask a 188cm bloke who's playing for his career to play a role he's got very little experience in, but life is unfair as we've been reminded this week. And adding another string to his bow can't hurt. (Unless Roughead or Trengove actually hurts him, which regrettably is a possibility).

I originally had Barrass in, but give him another week to get match fitness. Same with Ryan, although it's more about getting his head right.

Partington takes his turn at missing a game, so that Nelson can continue to build on his good game last week and Sheed can keep working on whatever he's needing to work on and keep pressure on the mids to perform.

Vardy probably comes in the following week to combat Goldstein/Daw. Horses for courses.

Ah chee taking ruck in the WAFL?

Is that like a random thing or did it look planned.

Our Griggs option?

Wouldn’t mind just bringing Barrass in for NN and getting Schoey to play up the ground a bit more, chopping out in the ruck. Bit of a Westhoff type roaming tall. Has more mobility than Vardy so it really comes down to how much they want Lycett doing, and if Vardys superior ruckwork for the 25%, for example, is worth the loss in mobility. Would be tempted to try something different against the Dogs and if it doesn’t work out just bring Vardy in the following week.

Ah chee taking ruck in the WAFL?

Is that like a random thing or did it look planned.

Our Griggs option?

He was credited with a couple of hitouts on the weekend, I'm sure I saw him take the ruck a few times earlier in the season in a televised game as well. McInnes and Olango were injured and Samelko played reserves so Vardy went in without an obvious backup on the weekend. In the past Nathan Blee (similar size to Arch) has done the chopout role.

Yeah I'd see him as our Griggs/Dean Towers/Josh Dunkley option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waterman is a developing tall. Of course he is going to have his rough edges. If we are planning for him to replace Kennedy in a few years then now is the time to play him.

I think Vardy has to play for structure.

Its not like he playing poorly either.

Things can change pretty quickly, but I feel like Venables' pressure, Hutchings' tagging and Waterman's run is really locking down some of the last spots in the lead up to finals.

Think there is only really 2 spots up for grabs:
- full back: Barrass ahead of Schofield
- ruck: Vardy ahead of a makeshift option like Ah Chee or someone within the team, allowing someone else to come in.

Then immediately the depth outside the 22 is all pretty good:
- KPD: Schofield/Barrass
- s/m def: Nelson
- mid: Sheed, Ainsworth, Ah Chee
- s/m forward: Ah Chee, Ryan, Petrucelle
- tall forward: not really needed with amount of tall options in the team

Waterman is a developing tall. Of course he is going to have his rough edges. If we are planning for him to replace Kennedy in a few years then now is the time to play him.

We definitely aren't planning on Waterman replacing Kennedy. He will remain a Tom Lynch lead up type. Brander more likely to replace Kennedy.

Actually Darling will probably replace Kennedy in the short to medium term and Waterman takes Darling's position. Brander has just had his debut he is still years off.
Yeah I’m working on the hope that Kennedy can play on for another few years.

Chief moved the bigfooty servers to a new building which is built on an ancient burial ground of some description. The rest explains itself.

When

When is the last time a teenage kpf came in a contributed as much? Has a massive future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back