Preview Changes: R21 2019 vs West Coast

Changes for West Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It could actually be good management of ROB. He's definitely sore, and the Optus Stadium has been shown to create more soreness/injuries, particularly for big guys. ROB playing there could cripple him for the 2 games we could actually win this year (ie more than 0% chance like this week). Not sure I believe this is what is happening, but if it is and ROB is straight back in, I'm ok with it
You think the club would drop Sauce on 199 games? Not a chance.

The question you should be asking is:
1) are we a football club or a charity
2) do we want to reward performance over non performance
3) what are our culture standards
4) what are the consequences of player selection policy
5) what are our list management and player development plans for our next crack at a flag.

The only question that needs to be asked for each and every decision is - will this bring us closer to our next premiership?
That's it.

What an inspiring presser, I’m so excited for Sunday:
1. Had a win last week so not much need for change;
2. Sauce will be on the plane;
3. Don will back the midfield in even though they were beaten last week...oh and the week before too;
4. No need to tag Shuey; and
5. We did really well against them last time so we’re not far of it.

Honestly you couldn’t make it up.
Oh well another flogging coming up as we watch WC race up and down the fi

Going on selection form we will be slowwwww.
Below headline reads Eagle might play 5 speedy small forwards...
Yep the comp has worked us out.
Pity our coaches haven’t worked out that they have worked us out..
Imagine Kelly,Talia and Hartigan lumbering around in D50 with those 5 small forwards running riot. Nightmare material.

The only question that needs to be asked for each and every decision is - will this bring us closer to our next premiership?
That's it.
Yep. Pity that the way the club view it is "a win this week (and each week) brings us closer to our next premiership".

So simplistic. They don't seem to realise what will help you to win week to week over time and continue to do so into the future. Giving you the chances at those premierships.

The question you should be asking is:
1) are we a football club or a charity
2) do we want to reward performance over non performance
3) what are our culture standards
4) what are the consequences of player selection policy
5) what are our list management and player development plans for our next crack at a flag.
We have three games to go.

Will we make the finals?

If no, what does it hurt to let a bloody good player of our club to reach his 200th and get a farewell game?

IF you think we WILL make the finals? Does it hurt to rest our #1 ruckman to get him ready for that onslaught? Or do we bugger him out completely and then be forced to bring Jacobs in for the finals?

And the next 2 or 3 after that. Once the rebuild takes shape we will contend again for 6 or 7 years but not actually acheive anything meaningful. Fun times. Go Crows.

We won’t be bottom 4. Club will find a way to make us ‘competitive’ and dwindle mid ladder again, until all the stars align in 10 years time like they did in 2017. Then we’ll blow it..

I can't follow the arguement that, we are going to lose to WCE so play the kids.

Aren't we then going to get belted, bring kids into get belted and then drop them because we got belted?

I suppose it will have to wait until 4.30 when we know the team.

The team is going to be

In: Jacobs
Out: O’Brien (omitted)

Put the house on it

We have three games to go.

Will we make the finals?

If no, what does it hurt to let a bloody good player of our club to reach his 200th and get a farewell game?

IF you think we WILL make the finals? Does it hurt to rest our #1 ruckman to get him ready for that onslaught? Or do we bugger him out completely and then be forced to bring Jacobs in for the finals?

I'd be okay with us giving him a farewell as long as we also brought in Jones, Sholl and others. We'd be acknowledging our season is shot but at least trying to get something out of the last few games.

Unfortunately it's more likely in our desperate panic to scrape into 8th spot that we've simply gone back to the old pecking order.

Look at the Geelong game. One loss with a few kids in the side and we panic and drop two of them (never to be seen again for the rest of this year) and bring Mackay straight back in as well as rushing Lynch and Jenkins back from injury.

That's what causes the angst. Not the individual selections but the overall mindset and mistrust of the younger players.

I'd love to play Poker against our coaches.

Look at the Geelong game. One loss with a few kids in the side and we panic and drop two of them (never to be seen again for the rest of this year) and bring Mackay straight back in as well as rushing Lynch and Jenkins back from injury.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah it’s shameful.

And you can’t assess that based on this weeks selections in isolation.

The shame is the club leading this playing group to the edge of a cliff and not doing anything about it.

15 players from R1 2016 will run out this Sunday. Seedsman and JJ would have made it 17.

Only players missing Thommo, Cheney, VB, McGovern and Lever.

That is a damming indictment on our list management.
So out of those players that are no longer in our best 22 that have left, only Cheney is not here by his own decision. The others have either retired or have asked to be traded. Just shows that again and again we fail to make the hard decisions on players nearing retirement when their form drops and we let them stay in the side as long as they want until they decide to retire or ask to be traded.

I have not felt less confident about the team winning for quite some time. I really fear a belting this week as the eagles will be lightening fast and their coaches will simply instruct their players to run run run and with our lack of genuine pace, we will be chasing shadows. I hope I am wrong but I really can't see it unless WCE just have a horrid day themselves

It could actually be good management of ROB. He's definitely sore, and the Optus Stadium has been shown to create more soreness/injuries, particularly for big guys. ROB playing there could cripple him for the 2 games we could actually win this year (ie more than 0% chance like this week). Not sure I believe this is what is happening, but if it is and ROB is straight back in, I'm ok with it
I agree that it is ok to rest him if he needs it, we have been calling for us to rest players for years now when they need it. We will see next week if that is the case or if they are in fact just trying to get Sauce to his 200 games.

I've been hoping we'd try two ruckmen. Our midfield setups really rely on ruck domination. Actually, I'd like to develop more flexibility, so we can cope with non domination, however, failing that, I'd like us to try two ruckmen. Shoulda used the GC, Carl and St Kilda games to trial it, but as usual, these muppets are a day late and a buck short. We probably will chicken out of trying it this week even. Anyways woulda been nice to learn something.

We are a disgrace.

Pains me to say that after being pretty excited for a while there when we rejigged the gameplan and won 7-2 or whatever it was, I'm now hoping for another unmistakable failure.

They've embarrassed the supporters this year.

Things need to change.

Was there ever a regig of the gameplan or did we just get lulled into a false sense of security by playing a few shit teams and got lucky by playing Richmond during an injury crisis and getting GWS on a bad day?

Who exactly are the components of our selection committee ? would love to know who and how much input these idiots have .
If Pyke gets the final say then he simply needs to go

Look whats happening down the road at Hawthorn, Jarryd Roughead 4× premiership hero and captain isnt getting a 'farewell game' can't make the team because they've chosen to develop their youth because its the best thing for the club...... we would never do something like that, just look at our team now, lacking youth full of has beens

Who exactly are the components of our selection committee ? would love to know who and how much input these idiots have .
If Pyke gets the final say then he simply needs to go
According to Burton last night, it's Pyke, Burton, Camporeale, Clarke and the line coaches (currently being Hart, Godden, Mattner)

Fills you with confidence. :sick:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R21 2019 vs West Coast

Back