Preview Changes: R8 vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see one in ROB either.

But he is very very old around the ground. You could almost give him a licence to do everything bar ruck.

Eh, there is one in ROB. Probably all it takes is just put a better, more dynamic midfield structure around him and he'll be fine. Just that and working out how to at least nullify, but really, he's probably 1-2 seasons off being a finished product in that regard. Could just be some growing pains.

After all, rucks are going to have a field day if their main midfielder is going head to head against Matt Crouch, or sometimes Brad Crouch.

Not found

I think we just need to deal with what we have. He is the best we have on the list.
Then we need to go shopping and work out what to do with ROB. I'd play him in defence, give Talia a couple weeks off and see how he goes.

In: A tap ruckman who can compete in the middle, Schoenberg, Butts, Scholl

Out: Hartigan, Mackay, Mcrouch & Mchenry

I don't care play 2 rucks if we don't want to hurt ROBs feelings. Lets get some hitouts going our way at centre bounces.

Ive seen enough of Mchenry for now. Time to go back to ressies and win some ball not run marathons getting sub 5 disposals a game.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Eh, there is one in ROB. Probably all it takes is just put a better, more dynamic midfield structure around him and he'll be fine.

After all, rucks are going to have a field day if their main midfielder is going head to head against Matt Crouch.
Matt has fallen off a cliff, granted. But you've got to ask yourself why ??

I'm not a fan of Nicks just yet but is he slowly shifting the team? Laird is no longer playing the HB role and is now in a HF/bench role with Macca and Hamill now in those spots. It's probably hope more than anything.

Out: M Crouch - go and learn to be effective with ball and defensively run. He's a f***in liability these days
In: Schoenberg - we need some zip but he has to play midfield

Out: Laird - garbage and lost his position
In: Wilson - we need a tall strong body in centre

Out: Mackay/Seedsman - prefer Mackay
In: Strachan - he and ROB rotate through FF or CHF

Out: Kelly/Hartigan
In: Worrell
- can play either end but ideally moves forward and McAsey goes back

Out: McHenry
In: Davis

Likely no changes as the "boys performed and we'll back them in"
I thought Laird was okay tonight. Played a different role tonight.

For me-
Out- M Crouch, Hartigan, MacKay, McAsey
In- Strahan, Gibbs, Schoenberg, Fog

Then we need to go shopping and work out what to do with ROB. I'd play him in defence, give Talia a couple weeks off and see how he goes.
I'd trade ROB if there was a better interim option but not easy to find. Don't think he's skilled enough to play anything other than ruck. If we think Hartigan is bad by foot, ROB is horrific.

Can't see there being any more than 2 changes, they'll say team balance which is partially true.
Think outs will be hartigan and mchenry. Maybe 1 debutant to come in.

Mrouch 25% DE by foot. Nicks must act.

Out: Mrouch, Hartigan
In: Schoenberg, Butts

Edit: if Fog coming back then out goes Mackay.

Positional changes: Jones just needs to be put in midfield full time. Give him every opportunity you can within his aerobic limits.

McAsey needs to be foward full time as the marking target. He is currently being smashed but he needs to be developed as fast as possible.

McHenry looks lost. Why is he not tagging? If he isn't tagging what is he really offering us? Not much.

It's time to start giving the kids their future roles now. Nothing beats experience.
Matt Crouch with less metres gained than McAdam and Stengle.

Out: Hartigan, Mackay, Mcrouch, Stengle
In: Butts, Gibbs, Schoenberg, Crocker

Jones, McHenry, Bcrouch, Kelly on notice.

I'd trade ROB if there was a better interim option but not easy to find. Don't think he's skilled enough to play anything other than ruck. If we think Hartigan is bad by foot, ROB is horrific.
I would trade for Ladhams and Hately. Send ROB and another low pick to giants and draft pick to port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m seeing people wanting Schoenberg in . I want people to tell me how we are going to play Jones, McHenry, Stengle and Schoenberg at the same time given they are all under 179cm. The other sad thing is we also have Lachlan Murphy also under 177cm, Matt Crouch at 182 cm , Mackay 181cm, McAdam 181cm , Laird 177 cm. .... it’s just too short. We are going to have to get rid of either McHendry or Stengle or both if we want to give Schoenberg a game. Personally McAsey is missing something for me. I know he young but I don’t see it with him. Would give Worrell a chance. Butts had a great year in SANFL so not sure why McAsey is being forced when Butts is the better footballer at this stage of their careers

Last edited:
For those saying no to ROB anywhere but ruck, he played CHB in his junior days and beat the likes of Darcy Moore who was the hyped forward at that time.

He would be bloody handy as the deep forward too

Out

Not going bother saying the Crouch brothers.

Hartigan
Mackay
Laird

In
Frampton. Need to persist with McAsey up forward. But provide cover for him. Frsmptin does this.
Butts. I Hartugan is going to gift opposition goals may as well play a kid in this role. Can handle a kid making those fundamental mistakes.
Schoenberg.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Played on the bench and wasn't played in a position at stoppages to win the ball. Don't feel like it was all Brads doing tonight. Coaching was bizarre.
Our midfield set ups are dire especially when ROB is getting pantsed like tonight with Ryder in the centre ball ups. We need a midfield coach and a forward coach badly. Defence seems to be structured up alright but when the balls in their hand they're pissing around with it instead of moving it with positivity and speed, meanwhile their defence are flooding back and blocking off any one on one contests.

Matt has fallen off a cliff, granted. But you've got to ask yourself why ??

I suspect it is 100% on Matt. It's not like offensively Matts clearance numbers have fallen off a cliff with ROB has a lead ruck. He's picking up 4.3 a game, despite shorter quarters, which extrapolated to a proper game would be around 5.2 (improvement on 2019). The issue with Matt is everything else. He's not working hard around the ground. He's looking panicked and rushed with the ball in hand, his skills have just fallen off a cliff, he's not putting in defensively (averaging 3 tackles as an inside midfielder is really bad), he's playing really selfish etc. To me that screams he's playing through a major injury, or his fitness base has simply eroded. I don't think it's that hard to imagine the latter to be honest, head of fitness is Hass who has a track record of destroying sides fitness, and Matt didn't come into the system fit which makes me suspect he's the type you need to be really riding day in day out to make sure they're up to par.

For those saying no to ROB anywhere but ruck, he played CHB in his junior days and beat the likes of Darcy Moore who was the hyped forward at that time.

He would be bloody handy as the deep forward too
I believe ROB should be CHB. Plays like a true back man. His poor kick could be averted with runners running past him for a hand ball.

I don't really get the hate on Kelly. He would be on an average wage compared to team mates playing in a defence continually under the pump. He is the least of our problems

Mackay and Hartigan are the minimum outs. Despite tonight's games I wouldn't bother with Tex either.

Overall someone needs to ask Nicksy what his selection strategy is. He needs to pick his strategy and stick to it.

Tonight's team didn't give any hope to supporters. I would of happily lost by three or four more goals but played a team with an eye to the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R8 vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back