HB: Conca - Cox - Ryan
C: Aish - Fyfe - Colyer
HF: Walters - McCarthy - Sturt
FF: Lobb - Tabs - Schultz
FOLL: Darcy - Brayshaw - Tucker
INT: Crowden - Cerra - Blakely - Banfield
EMERG: Watson
Cerraā€™s back in the good books šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒ

Crowden has to play for mine. Guys been the surprise packet of the off season. I thought he was a plodder with a long but crap kick. But guys hitting targets and has to be rewarded. If Blakey played over him I would be very disappointed.

I agree, but why is your club the toast?? Are u freagle
This is my eagles troll account. I got locked out of my freo account was called ā€˜maynetenanceā€™ I asked chief to change it to the toast and he wouldnā€™t. I donā€™t know if any mods can do that????

but yeah canā€™t be arsed starting again.

This is my eagles troll account. I got locked out of my freo account was called ā€˜maynetenanceā€™ I asked chief to change it to the toast and he wouldnā€™t. I donā€™t know if any mods can do that????

Wait I mean change it from Toast to freo

So you have an account just to go on the Eagles board and troll them? What a sad, sad individual.

I love it!!! :thumbsu: :)

Saad always kills us on the counter. Banfield as a defensive forward is going to be the key.
Blakely is a no. Rather Serong/Cerra inside. The team on Saturday is about right.
Matera has to work his way in, after a great pre season, he was fit for 2019. What happened this pre season?

I'd go with;

FB: Hughes - Logue - Duman
HB: Conca - Cox - Ryan
C: Aish - Fyfe - Colyer
HF: Walters - McCarthy - Sturt
FF: Lobb - Tabs - Schultz
FOLL: Darcy - Brayshaw - Tucker
INT: Crowden - Cerra - Blakely - Banfield
EMERG: Watson
Feel like the wingers/mids are short as.
Colyer and Crowden. Bewley probably gets the nod ahead of Colyer.
Be great to have Acres. Feel like he will offer us something different alongside Fyfe.

Matera has to work his way in, after a great pre season, he was fit for 2019. What happened this pre season?

I think he was injured. J-Lo definitely said something about his preseason being interupted, and having him play for Peel in order to get his minutes up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing is I don't think anyone is saying going only Colyer and Crowden; mosy also have Aish, Cerra and McCarthy as well who bring decent enough height should it be needed. And aren't the bombers wingers/midfield going to be small and fast anyway? (David Zaharakis, Orazio Fantasia and Devon Smith are anyway). Based on thd practice game form, I just don't see what Bewley brings to this....

The thing is I don't think anyone is saying going only Colyer and Crowden; mosy also have Aish, Cerra and McCarthy as well who bring decent enough height should it be needed. And aren't the bombers wingers/midfield going to be small and fast anyway? (David Zaharakis, Orazio Fantasia and Devon Smith are anyway). Based on thd practice game form, I just don't see what Bewley brings to this....
After a summer of positive headlines and high level praise, Bewley has been most disappointing. He's just got to get his hands on the pill more.

But just t prove I am not above admitting the error in my previous ways, I think Colyer hasn't been too bad in the two games I've seen.

After a summer of positive headlines and high level praise, Bewley has been most disappointing. He's just got to get his hands on the pill more.

But just t prove I am not above admitting the error in my previous ways, I think Colyer hasn't been too bad in the two games I've seen.
Colyer has been serviceable. My issue is he is the same age as Fyfe and likely has peaked. His output isn't enough to keep a younger player out of the team. There is some chance Bewley could improve.

Colyer has been serviceable. My issue is he is the same age as Fyfe and likely has peaked. His output isn't enough to keep a younger player out of the team. There is some chance Bewley could improve.
I don't disagree, but it comes down to whether the match committee's focus is 100% on winning the first week or do they have one eye on the development of a younger player or two?

I don't disagree, but it comes down to whether the match committee's focus is 100% on winning the first week or do they have one eye on the development of a younger player or two?
Yeah I'd agree.

They may genuinely rate Colyer and/or Bewley higher or lower than us too. Need to be a fly on the wall at selection.

Personally I think it is a no brainer you play the younger guy. We are the 2nd youngster team with our two oldest players injured. Well and truly up against it. Get the miles into Serong or someone similar. I'm not even sure you'll notice the difference between him and either of the other two other than you probably can't put Serong on the wing.

The issue with Bewley is currently he offers no flexibility. There are not many pure wingman left & those who are, get a lot of it & are defensively sound. He is struggling with both of these.

Numbers wise he was our best outside player on the weekend, but considering his game time & running capacity he should have been up around 30.

Defensively he was average. He too often allowed his opponent goal side, but was saved by a lot of defensive numbers & a couple of chases looked like he was on a treadmill. That surprised me the most as he is our best runner.

Id like to see him rack up big numbers in the WAFL before coming in, but I think theyā€™ll play him based on his minutes so far. I donā€™t think heā€™s there yet & would like Aish & McCarthy to start on the wings as they give us forward & back flexibility.

Serongs not playing, he needs minutes & Colyer will def start on the bench.

Sorry, I should add Colyer is just treading water until Serong & Henry are ready.

Last edited:
Also, Bewley is not young. He'll be 25 in a month.

Colyer surprisingly is best 22 for rd 1 but as I've stated in another thread, we don't want him to be playing any more than half the games this year. If he does, we've either had a shitload of injuries all year or the youngsters haven't come on.

Colyer surprisingly is best 22 for rd 1 but as I've stated in another thread, we don't want him to be playing any more than half the games this year. If he does, we've either had a shitload of injuries all year or the youngsters haven't come on.

Or he has surprised everyone and has settled into the team and is performing well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes - Rnd 1 - vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back