Preview Changes Round 5 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

He also made the point that Colledge wasn't named even with Rosa out this weekend and where did that put him in the pecking order. I'd like to see him given a run as reward for form in the WAFL. Btw, the derby from round 1 1999 is being shown on 7 Mate right now.

Not that crazy a suggestion tbh. Sheed is a bit of a passenger while he develops and as such remains the weakest link in the midfield. Colledge is the next midfield cab off the rank.

I think Sheed has the upside out of the two so would continue to pick him over Colledge all things being equal but it's not the worst change you could make.

Are you kidding? Sheed has been one of the few guys standing up in tackles, winning the footy and using the ball well apart from last week where he missed a few kicks. If anyone should be out of the side it should be McGinnity, because he doesn't do anything useful at all. Masten would be the next one to go after that, then Rosa, but not Sheed.

Are you kidding? Sheed has been one of the few guys standing up in tackles, winning the footy and using the ball well apart from last week where he missed a few kicks. If anyone should be out of the side it should be McGinnity, because he doesn't do anything useful at all. Masten would be the next one to go after that, then Rosa, but not Sheed.

You really think that? I think he has been okay. I missed the first half on the weekend, but for the most part Sheed has been moderately good inside (much better than last year) and pretty average on the outside. He has hit targets well when in space but otherwise he kicks it almost vertically given the slightest bit of pressure. On performance he has been no worse than this week's brand new whipping boy Masten but as I said I can see why they retain him over Colledge.

I honestly have to give big ups to McGinnity for fooling the MC for so long that he is actually a footballer.

That is a ****ing good skill.

It's like when you watch a movie and you really hate the villain.

You have to give massive props to the actor to play a campaigner so well.

You really think that? I think he has been okay. I missed the first half on the weekend, but for the most part Sheed has been moderately good inside (much better than last year) and pretty average on the outside. He has hit targets well when in space but otherwise he kicks it almost vertically given the slightest bit of pressure. On performance he has been no worse than this week's brand new whipping boy Masten but as I said I can see why they retain him over Colledge.

If you get a chance to watch the first few games of the season again, have a look at the work he does in tight. He is often the only one who wins the ball and then stands up in a tackle to get the ball out to a player in space, rather than just handball to the bloke next to him who is also under pressure. Some of his kicks have also been very good. I think he's come a long way since last year and should only get better with more time in the centre, so i'd not be dropping him at any stage if possible. McGinnity on the other hand, has no place in the team as he does not do what he is there for. He adds no pressure to the opposition, he just adds pressure to us with his lack of accountability and his turnovers.

Not that crazy a suggestion tbh. Sheed is a bit of a passenger while he develops and as such remains the weakest link in the midfield. Colledge is the next midfield cab off the rank.

I think Sheed has the upside out of the two so would continue to pick him over Colledge all things being equal but it's not the worst change you could make.

I suggest that you keep your day job and don't bother applying for a position on the MC. Maybe we see different things at the games but I would not call Sheed our weakest link or a passenger. Besides, Colledge was in the open and got a lot of kick to kick stuff in the WAFL where as Sheed has been getting contested ball.

I swear, if McGinnity gets a full game, I'm gonna burn his house down (hopefully with no one in it).

This will effectively destroy the photos he has of a, you guessed it, Simmo and Woosh Lemon party. Surely that is why Woosh played him as well?

It cant be coincidence!

I think mr D Kerr already tried this trick and it didn't work

I suggest that you keep your day job and don't bother applying for a position on the MC. Maybe we see different things at the games but I would not call Sheed our weakest link or a passenger. Besides, Colledge was in the open and got a lot of kick to kick stuff in the WAFL where as Sheed has been getting contested ball.

Haha. Gee you're easily impressed.

I reckon Colledge is limited too but strictly on performance Sheed is the first mid we would drop and Colledge is close to the next in depending on your view on Hutchings.

Sheed was good tonight and I wouldn't drop him but the post I was responding to tried to say Colledge in for Sheed was a shocking call. I'm not sure if you misinterpreted my post or just wanted to be a smart arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Round 5 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back