Preview Changes V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Very astute.

The same happened with Ugle-Hagan.

Selected at Pick One in the 2020 draft but not selected until Round 16 in 2021 and only 5 games in his first season. Naturally he demanded a trade to Collingwood at the end of the season and the rest is history.

Similar story with Sam Darcy who was drafted at Pick Two in 2021 and played 7 games in his first two seasons before demanding a trade to Carlton.

Or perhaps players 195 cm plus tend to take a bit longer to be AFL ready?

I would like to see Curtin given a game sooner rather than later but I have also said he doesn’t look AFL ready. I have seen him play in the flesh on two occasions and his other AFC games on the tellie. Have you ever been closer than 2,000 km to Curtin?
Murphy looks like a grassroots player.

and scholl wouldn't be so frustrating if he actually got rid of the ball when tackled.

This season has been the worst of nicks career in terms of selection. Clear stand outs to be dropped and nothing. One of those has looked like an afl played for maybe half a season in his entire career.

Recycling the same players like Sholl when it's clear they shouldn't be part of the future (granted he's been a lot better than McHenry and Smith this year).

Really deflating seeing this kind of team selection. Really sucks the excitement out of last week's win, when it finally looked like we might start making better decisions when it came to the team. To not address the obvious need to replace McHenry, and to bring in an already-ran in Sholl is extremely disappointing.
I can accept that some guys we want to see in are out of form (ie Pedlar) or supposedly don't look AFL ready (Curtin, Edwards, Dowling etc), but neither do some the guys running around for us at the moment. At 1-4, this is the time to see what some of these kids have got. How is it that the kids we draft seem to be the only ones not AFL ready. Giving them a run a) shows them the level required, b) motivates them to play better, and raise their standards and c) gives the coaches an opportunity to see if these guys are an improvement on players that are currently offering us nothing. I think we'd all rather see some new guys come in and try, and potentially fail than continue the way we are.
Constantly rewarding poor performances is now akin to bashing our heads against a brick wall, and it's getting us nowhere.

Check the SANFL thread from lastyear and the changes thread from last year.

Just checked the 2023 SANFL thread, searched 'delist', 6 pages of posts, couldn't locate a single post calling for Dowling's delisting. You're not thinking of the wrong player?

Last edited:
One step forward two steps back. Whatever takes any blame away from nicks and places it elsewhere seems to be Nicks coaching philosophy. Uncreative weak clown.

Last edited:
It's amazing when a team structure is changed and potatoes become aspragus.

Crouch was excellent. His disposal efficiency was high and added power to the midfield. He will be a big miss.

I think it's a danger game for the Crows.
I think 99% of the remaining games are danger games 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1963547
Looking forward to seeing which shapes Ned brings to the team this week.
When I was playing and coaching I never worried about shape - I just went where the ball was or where I thought it might end up

As a coach I instructed the players to be ready when its your turn and help get the ball or get it yourself

Such predictable and uninspiring choices.
I expected no better, tbh. Nicks.
Let's go back to the Sholl well again FFS. How many chances does this bloke get?
It's bordering on certifiable, isn't it?
We've all said it, but we just keep recycling the same players. HTF does Murphy make it to 100 games? Ned is on the same course.

Is this club interested in winning games of footy and being successful, or just operating a business?
You know the answer to this. We all do :sadv1: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back