Changes V Carlton- Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not worried about Sandi missing the game this weekend.

Carlton were absolutely spanked with a mobile ruckman setup.

Having Sandi or Griffin rather than Clarke and Kep for mine plays into Carlton's hands.

I'm not worried about Sandi missing the game this weekend.

Carlton were absolutely spanked with a mobile ruckman setup.

Having Sandi or Griffin rather than Clarke and Kep for mine plays into Carlton's hands.

Clarke is playing anyway and Keps is dead average in the ruck. Without Griff or Sandi would be a BIG loss and put alot of responsibility on Clarke.

Lots of mentions that the quick small forwards have always given us headaches, and whilst true, is this due to not having the required players or not having decent structures in place?

Given McPhee's effort on Milne, and the team defense mentality currently being instilled I think it is the latter.

Rossco will have an extra player down back to stop the run of betts, Garlett and yarran, and hopefully stop the over the back cheapies they thrive on.

Anyone git stats on How have these guys performed against the saints in recent years? If they have been poor, I'll go into friday a lot more confident!

Out:- Ibbo, Suban, Neale
In:- Lower, Fyfey, Silvani

Fyfe a definite - Ross Lyon already said that.

Lower ? Hasn't played much football yet, but was good for Perth.
Silvagni ? Not sure about the match up for him though, also Ibbo hasn't been terrible.
Roberton perhaps ? Would he get rewarded for effot ?

I think just one change, and probably it's Suban unfortunately for him - he just isn't making an impact at the moment. I think he needs to build his running ability a bit more, as he isn't getting much of the ball, even as a defensive player.

Kreuzer has been in top form this season, he would kill Clarke if Sandi didn't get up.

I take it you haven't watched Carlton play and have just read the paper?

Kreuzer is 20th in the league for HOs per game. 20th. Of those 20 ruckmen he is 10th for touches per game. He has kicked 2 goals 1.

Reports of his form have been massively exaggerated. I wouldn't worry too much if Sandi is out.

I take it you haven't watched Carlton play and have just read the paper?

Kreuzer is 20th in the league for HOs per game. 20th. Of those 20 ruckmen he is 10th for touches per game. He has kicked 2 goals 1.

Reports of his form have been massively exaggerated. I wouldn't worry too much if Sandi is out.
It looks as if it's actually you who has just been reading the paper.. Kreuzer's stengths don't show up on the stat sheet. Yes he was shit on saturday but he was B.O.G round 1 and you could make a case for him in round 3 as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Betts has been in great form but at Subiaco, I'm more worried about Garlett. Who has the speed and the defensive nous to do the job? Grover, Suban, Roberton, Johnson, Ibbo, Broughton or Mzungu?

One of them was Barlow taking the Kickin, He's great & all.. But he should NOT be allowed to take kick ins, he's supposed to be on the deck wherever the ball's going to, not taking the pressure kick in.

Micky B is not to take the kick ins until he is back to his 100% best. St Kilda kicked a goal as a direct result of that turnover on Friday night.

Duffield seems to be doing okay with the kick ins.

Betts has been in great form but at Subiaco, I'm more worried about Garlett. Who has the speed and the defensive nous to do the job? Grover, Suban, Roberton, Johnson, Ibbo, Broughton or Mzungu?

I watched a fair bit of the Subi - Perth game on Saturday. His defensive work was good, his reading of the play and rebound first class. But frankly he didn't look any fitter than his WAFL teammates and either the subi top is unflattering or he has put on weight. Unless McPharlin is injured at some point in the season (admittedly likely), I think he has played his last game.

Ibbo's the bloke for the job.

He's the only one with the necessary pace. Any of Grover, McPhee or Broughton could handle Betts. But now that the back 6 are playing better team defense and covering for each other, Ibbo can play more of a lock-down role rather than helping out (losing his man in the process).

Ibbo to lock down Garlett and follow him forward or mid as required. Mz might be able to do it, but his performance the last couple of games has showed how valuable he is running through the wing and linking up between the 50s. Bloke just doesn't stop running.

Sportsnewsfirst ‏ @Sportsnewsfirst
Carlton assistant Bomber Riley lets slip on @6PR that Chris Yarran won't play this weekend...

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes V Carlton- Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back