Changes V Carlton- Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Sportsnewsfirst ‏ @Sportsnewsfirst
Carlton assistant Bomber Riley lets slip on @6PR that Chris Yarran won't play this weekend...

Just saw this. Will definitely help. their defense that got exposed v essendon and taking these 2 out will put the pressure on. Yarran has been good and may have got a tag with DeB. This might allow for extra attention to be paid to Gibbs he moves into the defense.

Anyone think we should go smaller in the forwards? It could be dewy and a Neale and Balla's combo might be a good crumbing option.

As a random thought who is better on the deck, kep or jack? Conditions may play apart in selections with these 2.

Ibbo's the bloke for the job.

He's the only one with the necessary pace. Any of Grover, McPhee or Broughton could handle Betts. But now that the back 6 are playing better team defense and covering for each other, Ibbo can play more of a lock-down role rather than helping out (losing his man in the process).

Ibbo to lock down Garlett and follow him forward or mid as required. Mz might be able to do it, but his performance the last couple of games has showed how valuable he is running through the wing and linking up between the 50s. Bloke just doesn't stop running.

Ibbo's been horribly exposed by quick forwards in the past. Didn't he have have the job on Rioli last year before Grover got shifted to him (and was subsequently branded as too slow, too old by Big Footy posters).

For pace I was thinking Mzungu. For reliability maybe Broughton could do the job? But if we drop Suban, Broughton needs to play loose as the "quaterback".

Playing Hill on him head to head would be interesting. Matches Garlett for pace but has far superior endurance. That said, we need Hill in the guts until Mundy, Barlow and Fyfe are fit.

Ross wants Hill creating not stopping. Have a look at that AFL insider video, Hill is involved in every play the highlight as examples of our good transition play. He's elite at running the ball and delivering inside 50.
Ibbo would hardly be the first or last player turned inside out by Rioli. He does have good pace and discipline. Grover might be a chance for a recall. Broughton seems to be stamped a mid these days.

Keps is better at ground level.

Thats what we have smalls and mid sized players for though.
Anthony is the better mark, thats why i would pick him no matter what the conditions.

Need a guy that can take a grab an get it to ground for the smalls to do their thing.

Fyfe in for Suban. Ibbo takes Garlett.

So Yarran, Carrazo, laidler out...and is anyone else happy that Walker is going up for his first game at Subiaco?
Ratten on Walker this week " wouldn't want to be playing on him.... He's ready to be let off the leash..."

Umm Ratts , Mcpharlin played on the most athletic forward in our game In Reiwoldt last week and has played four straight AFL level games in 2012... Fingers crossed he might be able to handle it.

Seriously not one game in the VFL , even with 6 weeks of full training he's gonna be lucky to make the full 4 qtrs out at Subi. Remember J.Brown in rnd 3?

Unfortunately Walker is one of the fittest at Carlton so he will have a bit of an advantage. There forward line is going to be a headache for us.

Keps is better at ground level.

Thats what we have smalls and mid sized players for though.
Anthony is the better mark, thats why i would pick him no matter what the conditions.

Need a guy that can take a grab an get it to ground for the smalls to do their thing.

But JA's attack on the ball got us few vital goals that pushed us through a tough grinding game. He had 2 or 3 gimme marks but I love how he is proving himself again and again. Kepler, first few games, has been battling but always go quiet and easily beaten in the air which probably what costs him.

Unfortunately Walker is one of the fittest at Carlton so he will have a bit of an advantage. There forward line is going to be a headache for us.
Mundy was beating the door down before he was finally given his 2012 debut, but that didn't stop him from tiring badly. See Johno Brown too.

Walker's not gonna run anybody off their feet in the 4th qtr on friday night.. unless of course he's wearing the green vest, which is a distinct possibility.

Reading the Carlton site thread re this game, there is practically no talk about their opposition, freo. All talk is about their own team whereas we do a lot of analysis on Carlton.

No respect I think. I get the feeling they think this game is a gimme for Carlton despite their loss last week and their injuries.

No respect, noooo respect, Nuuk, Nuuk, nyuk.

Reading the Carlton site thread re this game, there is practically no talk about their opposition, freo. All talk is about their own team whereas we do a lot of analysis on Carlton.

No respect I think. I get the feeling they think this game is a gimme for Carlton despite their loss last week and their injuries.

Actually there was a lot of talk about Freo on the Carlton forum, especially Nat Fyfe with some posters hoping that he gets injured again during the game. There was also posts calling for Ballaz to permanently disfigured during the game. Well done to the Mods though for removing those posts.

I see also this morning that a Carlton fan has been Tweeting sick hate messages to Sam Lonergan for injuring Carrazzo last weekend.

Nice work guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Standard for their preview threads.

Out:\nSuban- I log the guy but he needs to get some form\nPearce- don't rate him, kIcking is rubbish\n\nIn:\nLower- much better version of Pearce\nSpurr- think as a Backman he could do a job\n\nAnyone thinking that Dawson had anything other than a great game are on crack and Fyfe will miss the next 14-16 weeks so he will be out of contention
\n\n

I do rate pearce since the lions game. He did kick 3 of the teams 8 goals 2 weeks back. He backed it up again against the saints.

Lower is injured for 2 weeks. I would bring in either spurr or grover if suban gets dropped.

There isn't a sookier bunch on this site than Carlton fans.

If they ever win a premiership this place will become as intolerable as it was after Hawthorn won.

Carlton, Hawthorn and WC are easily the top 3 for arrogant supporters on bigfooty.

Mundy was beating the door down before he was finally given his 2012 debut, but that didn't stop him from tiring badly. See Johno Brown too.

Walker's not gonna run anybody off their feet in the 4th qtr on friday night.. unless of course he's wearing the green vest, which is a distinct possibility.

Mundy is far from the fittest at our club and coming off a much more serious injury. I never said Walker would cover more ground then all of our players but as a forward all he needs to do is be in the right spot a couple of times and he could kick multiple goals. It has been common in the past for players returning from injury against us to have a good game. Carlton have kicked the 3rd highest amount of goals thus far this season and now they will add to their forward line their highest goal scorer from last year.

It will be great to see how our defense holds up on Friday.

Not as arrogant as I'll be when we win it :D

A5jXa.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes V Carlton- Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back