Prediction Changes v Melbourne (5 added to squad including Phillips, Cloke and Oxley omitted, see squad in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say I'm all that shocked with Cloke out and it doesn't really bother me.

Here he was last week apparently playing for his career yet he couldn't get himself out of second gear. Anyone who is shocked he got dropped mustn't have been at the game to watch him play live.

There have been suggestions in earlier post that he was planted in the goal square and left to wrestle 3 or 4 players or some crap. It is simply not true. When Cox was up forward he played deeper and definitely was getting way more attention from multiple defenders. Cloke was playing in front of him but barely moving and this got worse and worse as the game wore on.

By later in the game Cox was playing in front of him because Cloke wasn't moving. Cloke then played deeper and chose to stand there and wrestle his opponents. He simply would not lead more than about 5 metres. There was not one lead that had purpose.

No one should be shocked that he is dropped.

Bahah he drops Cloke who kicked 7 last time who is desperate to get back to form
It is more the supporters that are desperate for him to get back into form. He didn't play like it.

Yes please. Brown to come in and Reid to go forward.
I'd actually like Reid back and try Brown forward. Can't see why he wouldn't make it in the role of given an extended period.

Though that leaves Frost at full back. I've made my thought clear on Frost that he is pure shit so I don't love that proposition.

It's funny that some of those complaining about Cloke not being in the side are often the same people who say that we are a bad side with little improvement in the years to come. These people appear pragmatic, and say, we are not a good team because we just aren't a good team, no external factors such as a decimated list due to injuries get considered. Their arguments are considered to be won by a pointing to the scoreboard, and glance at the ladder and that's about it. But Cloke gets excused, and why? :drunk: Cloke is 29, and he's an ordinary footballer, because he's past his used by date for whatever reason, and he's an ordinary footballer now. Why offer excuses for Travis, whilst donning a tin foil hat for nearly everything else? Cloke's been insipid, and if you want the club to move forward, then move with the times. Cloke is a dinosaur, play a kid who gives a shit.

Last edited:
If you think it is as simple as that then I believe you have your head in the sand. There has clearly been a rift between the player and club.
You often criticise posters who make statements like you just did can you tell us with clarity how you clearly know there has been a rift as distinct from it being your own opinion

Treloar
Pendlebury
Reid
Fasolo
Sidebottom
Greenwood
Cox
Greenwood mixed feelings but he did the job on Selwood. That set us up beautifully. Serviceable in other games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You often criticise posters who make statements like you just did can you tell us with clarity how you clearly know there has been a rift as distinct from it being your own opinion

In my opinion there has been a falling out based on the nonsensical decision to drop Cloke after just one game. Perhaps someone with a source at the club could offer a better insight.

Greenwood mixed feelings but he did the job on Selwood. That set us up beautifully. Serviceable in other games.
Fair point.
He's going nice enough.

As serviceable you could throw in a few others.

Really like your avatar

In my opinion there has been a falling out based on the nonsensical decision to drop Cloke after just one game. Perhaps someone with a source at the club could offer a better insight.
Why is it non sensical. It is not one game, it was another game in a string of non acceptable performances for a player of his ilk.
Based upon his form alone and the conditions set for his return, Cloke shouldn't have played in the first place.
Bucks caved in to public opinion, we all gambled on Cloke getting it right and we all lost.

It's funny that some of those complaining about Cloke not being in the side are often the same people who say that we are a bad side with little improvement in the years to come. These people appear pragmatic, and say, we are not a good team because we just aren't a good team, no external factors such as a decimated list due to injuries get considered. But Cloke gets excused, and why? :drunk: Cloke is 29, and he's an ordinary footballer, because he's past his used by date for whatever reason, and he's an ordinary footballer now. Why offer excuses for Travis, whilst donning a tin foil hat for nearly everything else? Cloke's been insipid, and if you want the club to move forward, then move with the times. Cloke is a dinosaur, play a kid who gives a shit.
Good post.
But suggest every player goes to the toilet ;)

Not sure why Cloke was the victim this week instead of say Frost or Toovey, who were far worse. I mean, worse players have been given numerous weeks to find form, but Cloke gets a week?

If we weren't sure if Cloke would be playing for us next year, we know now.

Why is it non sensical. It is not one game, it was another game in a string of non acceptable performances for a player of his ilk.
Based upon his form alone and the conditions set for his return, Cloke shouldn't have played in the first place.
Bucks caved in to public opinion, we all gambled on Cloke getting it right and we all lost.

You really think Bucks selected a player because of public opinion? If that's true he should resign now.

Really like your post.
Only difference is I'd suggest Cloke was only picked because of injury not pressure from the public.

I've moved on from Cloke, life for Collingwood is now post cloke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back