Preview Changes V North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

He was named on a wing, but that means nothing!

Mackay, Sloane & VB did most of the rotations through the wing.

Smith "replaced" Mackay in his backline position.

Uh, okay. I thought I remembered seeing him line up on the wing a couple of times. Hard to tell the way the mids flood back I guess.

Probably a wing. But flank is fine too.

Amazing pace, good size, very good skills. Needs to develop physicality and his confidence will boom.

Could be our most damaging player with his ability to burn off opponents on space and use the ball well.
I

is that before or after he spends 15 mins in the hands of the trainers... happens too often

All players/people develop and change at different rates.
Your 195+cm player appears to take a few more years to hit their peak. Although perhaps this is due to there being a smaller set to compare them to. ie. 2 ruckmen to focus on vs 20 others means they are more closely monitored.
However three stats on our 3 big men are intersting.....
Sam Jacobs 10/4/1988
Josh Jenkins 8/2/1989
Shaun McKernan 1/9/1990
Mckernan will be a gun... Hopefully games now accelerate his development so we are assured of him remaining a Crow. Would be a tragedy to see him move at 24/25 yrs for another club to enjoy his prime years.

All players/people develop and change at different rates.
Your 195+cm player appears to take a few more years to hit their peak. Although perhaps this is due to there being a smaller set to compare them to. ie. 2 ruckmen to focus on vs 20 others means they are more closely monitored.
However three stats on our 3 big men are intersting.....
Sam Jacobs 10/4/1988
Josh Jenkins 8/2/1989
Shaun McKernan 1/9/1990
Mckernan will be a gun... Hopefully games now accelerate his development so we are assured of him remaining a Crow. Would be a tragedy to see him move at 24/25 yrs for another club to enjoy his prime years.
That scenario would sh** me no end. He has not been as bad as everyone is making out. Sure I would like to see some more effort with chasing and he gets run around like he is standing still, but he has tidied up his field kicking and his ruckwork is good back up for Sauce and he is contributing on the scoreboard. Would love him to have a breakout game against the Roos and really get his confidence up.

I was wondering who your third tall defender atm is guys?

Otten?

I presume it will probably be Talia/Petrie, Bock/Daw, was wondering on Aaron Black's matchup?

I was wondering who your third tall defender atm is guys?

Otten?

I presume it will probably be Talia/Petrie, Bock/Daw, was wondering on Aaron Black's matchup?
Bock doesn't play with us anymore (that sounded suss)... It's Talia and Rutten in defence, with Otten as 3rd tall and Brodie Smith mid-sized defender with Rory Laird as small defender.

Bock doesn't play with us anymore (that sounded suss)... It's Talia and Rutten in defence, with Otten as 3rd tall and Brodie Smith mid-sized defender with Rory Laird as small defender.

Err the truck Rutten (Doh!)

Am i the only one who thinks we need to bring in petrenko this week? everything points to it. Etihad is the fastest ground, north have a quick defence, were not playing any small forwards at the moment. I wouldnt mind seeing petrenko come in before crouch, we have too many midfielders in i reckon. VB, kerridge and wright started forward on the weekend, for gods sake

Porps or wright. Agree its tough atm.

Would like all of lynch, hendo, kerridge, lyons, laird to make it. Hendo has the highest ceiling imo. Coaches need to get him there.

Hendo isnt a natural footballer, more of an athlete that plays footy. To play up forward you need to have that natural instinct, i reckon his best position is in the backline as the third tall when rutten retires, but where does that leave sam shaw the forgotten man? wouldnt mind hendo being in a rotation with smith and mackay, rotating between HBF, MIDFIELD and WING

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Callinan, Petrenko, johncock, Tambling and Jaensch

Out: Lyons, Kerridge, Brown, Lynch and Laird

Then when we get smashed by North Melbourne, this idea the experienced players who are not in the side will be the difference between us being a top 8 side and a premiership contender.

The season has got back on track because of the youthful players coming into the side, yet we still have this desire that we are only 1 kick away from a premiership and these guys must come in.

Tambling? Dropping Lynch and Laird?
Are you nuts?!?

I'd like to see Johncock in, but Laird has had a few very good games and dropping Lynch is dumb, great kick.

Out: Wright
In: Crouch.

SUB: Either Porps or Johncock

Hendo isnt a natural footballer, more of an athlete that plays footy. To play up forward you need to have that natural instinct, i reckon his best position is in the backline as the third tall when rutten retires, but where does that leave sam shaw the forgotten man? wouldnt mind hendo being in a rotation with smith and mackay, rotating between HBF, MIDFIELD and WING
Do you think Petrenko has natural instinct?

Tambling? Dropping Lynch and Laird?
Are you nuts?!?

I'd like to see Johncock in, but Laird has had a few very good games and dropping Lynch is dumb, great kick.

Out: Wright
In: Crouch.

SUB: Either Porps or Johncock

johncock cant be sub if hes not in your 'INS'

No i dont. Just wouldnt mind him coming in against the kangas for that extra pressure. Then he can go out;)
I think what we've seen over the last few weeks is our forward line has functioned better when we play forwards. It should be up to all of them to pressure their defenders. Having said that we should be playing a small crumbing forward and that's Callinan and finally recruit one at the end of the year.

I think what we've seen over the last few weeks is our forward line has functioned better when we play forwards. It should be up to all of them to pressure their defenders. Having said that we should be playing a small crumbing forward and that's Callinan and finally recruit one at the end of the year.

Welcome back to the dark side. You were missed.

Probably a wing. But flank is fine too.

Amazing pace, good size, very good skills. Needs to develop physicality and his confidence will boom.

Could be our most damaging player with his ability to burn off opponents on space and use the ball well.

I'm a big wrap for Hendo, but half our team is in the "well they're talented but their best position is on the wing" basket. We just had some success with Mackay playing there, it would be a pity to move him back to defence to bring Hendo in.

I'd like to see if Henderson could survive on a forward flank that already has Jenkins and Lynch playing in it. Tell you what, between Jenkins and Hendo there is some pace and height in that forward line! Quite happy for him to rotate through a wing or play a high forward if necessary.

I'm a big wrap for Hendo, but half our team is in the "well they're talented but their best position is on the wing" basket. We just had some success with Mackay playing there, it would be a pity to move him back to defence to bring Hendo in.

I'd like to see if Henderson could survive on a forward flank that already has Jenkins and Lynch playing in it. Tell you what, between Jenkins and Hendo there is some pace and height in that forward line! Quite happy for him to rotate through a wing or play a high forward if necessary.
so now we have half a team of "should be on the wing" most of the remaining players "should be playing HBF" and Truck should be FF...because he kicked 3 goals with his first 3 kicks o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes V North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back