Preview Changes vs Brisbane

Is it curtains for Curtin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No issue with Cook going out but I don't see anyone who would be a likely in to replace him. Don't think they are doing Murphy or Berry for Cook. Think he survives another week.

I do find it a little funny that we have again named Keays as a starting mid on the team sheet, yet I think he would have been lucky to attend a handful of CBAs over the entire season!

No issue with Cook going out but I don't see anyone who would be a likely in to replace him. Don't think they are doing Murphy or Berry for Cook. Think he survives another week.
I reckon Smith comes into the 22 for Cook and he’s the sub. Only other realistic sub options from that bench would be McHenry or Murphy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm calling bull$hit on this:
"Nicks said there were plenty of players knocking on the door, giving the match committee lots of options.
“The pleasing part is that we’ve got some pressure coming from guys who haven’t been selected over the past few weeks,” Nicks said.
“There will be some decisions that will be made, but in saying that, we like to stick with a group who are getting the job done.” ".
ie regardless of actual form (Smith, cooked) or playing so well in the SANFL that is demanding AFL selection (Murphy, not), or lack of actual game impact (Cook, last week + Mcheadlesschookry and that scrawny boy, Sholl).

I like the inclusion of Berry, but Smith retained and Murphy in is stoopid.

So much love for Four Touch Brayden.

I really, really, really hope he can add the only thing missing from his game……….getting the ball.
Maybe if he’d got the gold passes earlier in his career that others have got, he’d be a better player by now?

"Nicks said there were plenty of players knocking on the door, giving the match committee lots of options.
“The pleasing part is that we’ve got some pressure coming from guys who haven’t been selected over the past few weeks,” Nicks said.
“There will be some decisions that will be made, but in saying that, we like to stick with a group who are getting the job done.” ".
ie regardless of actual form (Smith, cooked) or playing so well in the SANFL that is demanding AFL selection (Murphy, not), or lack of actual game impact (Cook, last week + Mcheadlesschookry and that scrawny boy, Sholl).

Nicks's press conferences are mostly bullshit these days.

Rolls out the same.

The bolded - once again, good is the enemy of great.

Great teams ruthlessly pursue improvement.

Good teams play a month of decent footy with plenty of passengers, but look at the barely acceptable outcomes and label them as sufficient.

I don't want Murphy anywhere near the team at the expense of other younger, better performing options.

But it's possible he's named ahead of the others as he can afford to miss a sanfl game Friday night, but the kids need to play. No point Dowling, Shoenberg or Taylor being a resting emergency.

It's unlikely....but possible.

Did you not hear Nicks? He thought Smith had a significant impact.
He was the only one on the planet who did, but that's what he said.
Added to his mysterious selections and crappy defensive-chip-chip slowdown policy, that's enough to have Nicks ... << remembers promise to jenny61_99 >> ... uhhh ... have his employment reconsidered :whistle:.

Especially when he sticks with the group when they’ve been shit

I watched the whole match.

I guess you missed the two passes to our forwards who kicked easy goals in the first half?

I am not suggesting he had a fantastic game but anyone who watched the whole game suggesting he was awful is plain silly .
He played his typical game as a high half forward. Ran hard, put pressure on their defenders rebounding out of our F50, missed a couple of passes that a good forward would have made. He had 19 disposals, 6 I50s, 6 tackles and 6 marks.

Or we can stick with the guy that had one touch in the last 80 minutes of the Pear game. I won’t throw the toys out of the cot if Brayden is given another game but he has averaged less than 8 disposals in his 5 games of AFL this year. If you remove the game against the Kangaroo witches hats, he has averaged 6 disposals per game.
I agree.

For my money, Cook out, but not for Murphy thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Brisbane

Back