Preview Changes Vs Dorkers Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? Yarran has killed us in recent times had zero influence in a game where the supply of footy in his region was high. Honestly, before the game if someone said McGinnity would hold Yarran to 6 kicks and seven handballs (no goals or assists) you would take that every day of the week. I'm amazed people can look at McGinnitys low possession count last week and totally ignore the crucial role he's played on the oppositions key rebounding defender.
Where did you get your stats? I have Yarran with 15 kicks, 0 handballs which means he was afforded space

He play
I just don't know how you can only get 6 possessions in a game of football, with 82% game time? I know everyone says he works hard but to me, you're not working hard enough if you only get 6 possessions. I'd say his opponent wouldnt be playing very tight so if we have the ball in space with a very limited chance of causing a turnover then he should be presenting.

The stats below are horrendous and he should be delisted based on these stats alone

View attachment 124597

The other problem is teams just don't need to think about him at all. When Selwood was tagging, I'm sure they spent at least a little bit of time talking the team through how to help out the player getting tagged, making sure they limit Selwoods damage going the other way as he could also rack up 25 pos on the rebound and the person that would most likely get tagged I'm sure watched a bit of footage.

The coaches would actually believe they are playing against a team of 21
He plays because we have no depth at the moment ..

U7Ghu2s.gif

:)

Its not so much that nobody's banging down the door, more that they keep getting injured while banging down said door. Might be time to invest in some of those hippy bead curtains instead of doors down at WCE HQ
Apart from Waterman, the only other player that I'd consider would be Newman, who is obviously injured. Not really sure about Colledge, Lucas, Hill, etc. yet; while Hutchings will need a few WAFL games. Sinclair or McInnes will probably only come in if NN or Lycett is out. Along with Barrass, once Powell returns, he'll need to get into the league team first, while it's unclear when Maggie will return.

Really? Yarran has killed us in recent times had zero influence in a game where the supply of footy in his region was high. Honestly, before the game if someone said McGinnity would hold Yarran to 6 kicks and seven handballs (no goals or assists) you would take that every day of the week. I'm amazed people can look at McGinnitys low possession count last week and totally ignore the crucial role he's played on the oppositions key rebounding defender.

McGinnity only played on Yarran for the first quarter and a half, when Yarran got the bulk of his possession...and he was not even in the same postcode.

I cant remember if it was malthouse or mclure on fox that said replacing mcginnity with cripps onto yarran , along with the rosa /judd move were 2 moves that shut carlton down along with the midfield improvement , etc

This. For those attributing Yarran's lack of output to McGinnity weren't watching the game close enough. McGinnity wasn't giving Yarran anywhere near enough respect hence he was moved. It was Cripps who did the job. Bring in someone who is likely to either get more of the ball and do something with it or hit the scoreboard.

He can't play offensively like Cripps. He's a poor shot on goal, either set shot or on the run, a poor mark, hardly gets the ball and looks to pass it off even if in range of goal. Hard to see how such a limited player continues to get a game.
But the experts pick him every week. He must be better than you can see. There is no point questioning it, Simpson and the mc know better than you.

Well his job on Friday would have been to curtail Yarran - didn't really see him get that done. At least someone else would offer something the other way.
Yarran ran amok in the first quarter whilst Ginners was on him. I thought Cripps was moved onto him after that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yarran ran amok in the first quarter whilst Ginners was on him. I thought Cripps was moved onto him after that?

in fairness yarran had some lovely lace out delivery into our forward line from part of our midfield - that paddy didnt benefit from

My guess:

Out: Tunbridge
In: Lamb, Colledge, Lucas, Butler

Extended bench: Bennell McGinnity Colledge Duggan Butler Lucas Lamb

With the first three to make the final 21, Duggan to be sub and Butler to be our emergency.
So Colledge for Tunbridge? We could use the extra help in the mids and Colledge has a big body.

But I don't think Colledge would prove the difference and I like Lamb.

Tunners and Ginnity out for Lamb and Colledge would be good, but we all know that ain't gonna happen. Watch Walters tear strips off Paddy Mac.

I'm not sure McG out is that much of a non reality. Simpson did move him off of Yarran so did notice he was doing sweet f all and he was barely sighted for the rest of the match. Assuming he was moved on to a less dangerous player he should have had more of an impact than he did in the first qtr but he didn't

So Colledge for Tunbridge? We could use the extra help in the mids and Colledge has a big body.

But I don't think Colledge would prove the difference and I like Lamb.

Tunners and Ginnity out for Lamb and Colledge would be good, but we all know that ain't gonna happen. Watch Walters tear strips off Paddy Mac.

Yeah I think they will go either Lamb or Colledge.

And not sure who they will choose out of Bennell and Butler.

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 2m2 minutes ago

"He hurt his ankle in round three last year. We got it fixed over the break, but something has resurfaced." -AS on Selwood

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 55s56 seconds ago

"We're not worried about injuries, we're excited to play against a team who are playing some really good footy." -AS

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 45s46 seconds ago

Simpson: The fact Freo has beaten two top-four teams is impressive

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 22s23 seconds ago

"We'll go in with a positive mindset. I'm not looking at the past. These games always bring out something special." -AS

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 22s23 seconds ago

Lyon: Logic says the Eagles should be fresher than us #foreverfreo

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 15s15 seconds ago

Ross Lyon says Freo's seven day travel turn around is not a factor for the Carlton Draught Derby. #go eagles.

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 15s15 seconds ago

Lyon: Zac Clarke's scan was all clear. He's not a concern #foreverfreo

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 1m1 minute ago

Lyon: Crozier, Mzungu, Blakely, Duffy, Grey names in the mix to replace the forced out of Ballantyne #foreverfreo

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 12s13 seconds ago

Lyon: Blakely has been in good form. We will go to match committee and decide who comes in #foreverfreo

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 3m3 minutes ago

Lyon says there is no difference in preparation between round one, the grand final and a derby. This week is worth four points. #goeagles

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 3m3 minutes ago

Lyon: "We are playing quicker, there's no doubt about that" #foreverfreo

Lyon says West Coast's midfield is dangerous, particularly Priddis, Naitanui, Masten & Gaff #goeagles

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 2m2 minutes ago

Lyon: The midfield is where it's going to be won and lost. They are in the elite category and we will have a challenge #foreverfreo

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 1m1 minute ago

Lyon says West Coast's backline has been diluted, but the game will be won and lost in the midfield. #goeagles

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 33s34 seconds ago

Lyon says he has enormous respect for West Coast #goeagles

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 23s24 seconds ago

Lyon on WC midfield: "Their very best is fantastic...I've got massive respect for them" #foreverfreo

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 6s6 seconds ago

"No doubt Fyfe is in fantastic form, but he's running with some pretty good company. The ruck battle will be critical." -AS

"We planned pre-season that Rosa might do some run-with work." -AS

"We were disappointed to lose Tunbridge, he was really beginning to find some form." -AS

Simpson on Fyfe: "He's in rare form, but he's not alone"

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 50s51 seconds ago

"He's a delicate flower, Ellis. We will be really cautious with him, in trying to make sure we get his body right." -AS

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 25s26 seconds ago

Simpson: "Goalkicking is something that we've worked really hard on and its paid us back in the first two rounds"

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 20s21 seconds ago

"Josh Kennedy is an elite goal kicker, we just need to get the ball to him. We've done a lot of work on that." -AS

"They're two different ruckmen, with two different styles. Either of them can win the game off the delivery they provide to the mids." -AS

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 17s18 seconds ago

Lyon: Aaron Sandilands and ruck coach Simon Eastaugh will work together to combat Nic Naitanui #foreverfreo

Lyon says both Nic and Sandi will play to their strengths, while trying to negate the other. Says it will be a critical battle.

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 11s11 seconds ago

Lyon: McPharlin is most likely to go to Kennedy...we'll mix and match depending on circumstances #foreverfreo

"I'm not worried about the fact Nic hasn't taken a mark. His impact on the game has been significant in the first two games." -AS

"Down back we are a little smaller than we have been. We're looking as it as a positive, we might be a little faster." -AS

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 38s38 seconds ago

"The collective unit down back will take the responsibility for Pav and the forwards." -AS

"We've got these guys twice a year. We're going for the chocolates. It's an exciting game for the city and for the state." -AS

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 27s28 seconds ago

Lyon says a spread of goal-kickers is really important, you cannot just rely on your forwards. #goeagles

"He hurt his ankle in round three last year. We got it fixed over the break, but something has resurfaced." -AS on Selwood

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 55s56 seconds ago

"We're not worried about injuries, we're excited to play against a team who are playing some really good footy." -AS

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 45s46 seconds ago

Simpson: The fact Freo has beaten two top-four teams is impressive

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 22s23 seconds ago

"We'll go in with a positive mindset. I'm not looking at the past. These games always bring out something special." -AS

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 22s23 seconds ago

Lyon: Logic says the Eagles should be fresher than us #foreverfreo

Ross Lyon says Freo's seven day travel turn around is not a factor for the Carlton Draught Derby. #go eagles.

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 15s15 seconds ago

Lyon: Zac Clarke's scan was all clear. He's not a concern #foreverfreo

Lyon: Crozier, Mzungu, Blakely, Duffy, Grey names in the mix to replace the forced out of Ballantyne #foreverfreo

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 12s13 seconds ago

Lyon: Blakely has been in good form. We will go to match committee and decide who comes in #foreverfreo

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 3m3 minutes ago

Lyon says there is no difference in preparation between round one, the grand final and a derby. This week is worth four points. #goeagles

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 3m3 minutes ago

Lyon: "We are playing quicker, there's no doubt about that" #foreverfreo

Lyon says West Coast's midfield is dangerous, particularly Priddis, Naitanui, Masten & Gaff #goeagles

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 2m2 minutes ago

Lyon: The midfield is where it's going to be won and lost. They are in the elite category and we will have a challenge #foreverfreo

Lyon says West Coast's backline has been diluted, but the game will be won and lost in the midfield. #goeagles

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 33s34 seconds ago

Lyon says he has enormous respect for West Coast #goeagles

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 23s24 seconds ago

Lyon on WC midfield: "Their very best is fantastic...I've got massive respect for them" #foreverfreo

"No doubt Fyfe is in fantastic form, but he's running with some pretty good company. The ruck battle will be critical." -AS

"We planned pre-season that Rosa might do some run-with work." -AS

"We were disappointed to lose Tunbridge, he was really beginning to find some form." -AS

Simpson on Fyfe: "He's in rare form, but he's not alone"

"He's a delicate flower, Ellis. We will be really cautious with him, in trying to make sure we get his body right." -AS

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 25s26 seconds ago

Simpson: "Goalkicking is something that we've worked really hard on and its paid us back in the first two rounds"

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 20s21 seconds ago

"Josh Kennedy is an elite goal kicker, we just need to get the ball to him. We've done a lot of work on that." -AS

"They're two different ruckmen, with two different styles. Either of them can win the game off the delivery they provide to the mids." -AS

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 17s18 seconds ago

Lyon: Aaron Sandilands and ruck coach Simon Eastaugh will work together to combat Nic Naitanui #foreverfreo

Lyon says both Nic and Sandi will play to their strengths, while trying to negate the other. Says it will be a critical battle.

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 11s11 seconds ago

Lyon: McPharlin is most likely to go to Kennedy...we'll mix and match depending on circumstances #foreverfreo

"I'm not worried about the fact Nic hasn't taken a mark. His impact on the game has been significant in the first two games." -AS

"Down back we are a little smaller than we have been. We're looking as it as a positive, we might be a little faster." -AS

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 38s38 seconds ago

"The collective unit down back will take the responsibility for Pav and the forwards." -AS

"We've got these guys twice a year. We're going for the chocolates. It's an exciting game for the city and for the state." -AS

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 27s28 seconds ago

Lyon says a spread of goal-kickers is really important, you cannot just rely on your forwards. #goeagles
Boring...

Its funny , when you say , (fyfe, mundy , barlow , hill ) all of a sudden pearc mzungu sheridan and others names escape me and every other mid of theres sounds better . If you have 4 very good midfielders there are no complaints about the other not so good mids ... but we only have not so good mids .. We need 4 VERY good mids , i am sure Duggan will be 1 in good time .

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Vs Dorkers Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back